Nikon D750 & D780

I've given in and just ordered one from Panamoz anyone want a vgc D700?

Last edited:
I am going to get a camo rubber cover for it so know one knows!!

just now need a 300mm f4 VR PF …… hoping my daughter can get me one from "The States"

I've given in and just ordered one from Panamoz anyone want a vgc D700?

Me too :) The D700 has been my best camera ever but the D750 reviews and photos have worn me down, and now the reflection issue is sorted out I can't resist any more. Looking forward to it arriving early next week,

Anyone picked up a battery grip for the D750 yet? I'm particularly interested in people's views on the third party options available in the UK. Anyone had any experience?

I'm using the Nikon grip, which makes the camera well balanced in the hand with longer lenses. It's very comfortable in the upright (portrait) position for extended uses, if you have large hands the grip makes it much easier to hold and operate. Although the quality has improved on 3rd party grips I would never use one as a Meike once damaged the tripod bush on a D300 but that's just my view.

Incidentally they are giving free Nikon grips away with the D610 which fits the D750, this leads me to think they are not selling particularly well and my view is they will be withdrawn from sale soon.

Anyone picked up a battery grip for the D750 yet? I'm particularly interested in people's views on the third party options available in the UK. Anyone had any experience?

I think Ade, (@fracster), has reviewed a third party grip for the D750 in a recent post - have a look at back threads

I'm using the Nikon grip, which makes the camera well balanced in the hand with longer lenses. It's very comfortable in the upright (portrait) position for extended uses, if you have large hands the grip makes it much easier to hold and operate. Although the quality has improved on 3rd party grips I would never use one as a Meike once damaged the tripod bush on a D300 but that's just my view.

Incidentally they are giving free Nikon grips away with the D610 which fits the D750, this leads me to think they are not selling particularly well and my view is they will be withdrawn from sale soon.

They're also giving away grips with the D750 if you buy one with one of the applicable lenses. It's probably cheaper for them than the £150 cashback option.

Anyone here upgrading to one of these from a canon? If so which one and have you regretted it?

PMSL twist... Was just asking other people what there though was ;)

I used to be indecisive but I'm not so sure now!

Get out and enjoy the camera, you will soon enough get used to the UI over the Canon.

Anyone here upgrading to one of these from a canon? If so which one and have you regretted it?

The only thing I miss is some of the glass options on Canon, as a minor quibble I do find myself changing the focus point by accident way too much.

The only thing I miss is some of the glass options on Canon, as a minor quibble I do find myself changing the focus point by accident way too much.

There is a lock under the info button to prevent this from inadvertently being moved, Very easy to apply with the right thumb, after positioning the focus point and then engaging the lock it becomes second nature after a bit of practice.

Quick question, how can I lock my manual settings, on the D3 I had a dedicated button, any ideas.

Still cant find it, the lock button was on the left hand dial on the D3.

Haha, only I had a baby shoot this morning, first time of using the camera in anger. And using back button focus , I found I kept knocking my shutter speed of sink. .

Well I've finally pushed the button on a D750 with 24-120 Lens.

Just got to wait for it to arrive now:woot:

And then decide what lenses to add.......

Any suggestions

I already have Nikkor 70-300 and a Nikkor 50 1.8D

On my D7000 (which I'm keeping) I have a Tamron 18-200 and also a Sigma 10-20 DC

Also has anyone got any suggestions for a battery grip?

Come on mr delivery man where are you??

Good man..

I am sure you get it by Wednesday or Thursday that if it from Panamos?

Good man..

I am sure you get it by Wednesday or Thursday that if it from Panamos?

It is just waiting for the payment details. It would be nice if it came this week......

Off to Greenwich on Thursday with the camera club

Well I'm still waiting for the shipping info to update on the ups site...... I hate waiting

Well I'm still waiting for the shipping info to update on the ups site...... I hate waiting

It will soon update with camera being in Germany or UK, it was the case for me. It was showing in Koolon Bay ? next thing it was in Germany and then UK. I found the service very quick. If my local UPS hadn't been so busy before Christmas, my camera would have been delivered in 3 days if they had delivered on there original scheduled day.

I hate waiting that why I am fool and just go to my local retailer LOL. but one day i will give it a try

Still that is pretty quick hmm think i am going to give panamoz a try sometime then

And u got a cracking lens on the way too lol

Lol u need be in the air to use that wide lens lol

Still that is pretty quick hmm think i am going to give panamoz a try sometime then

Oh it's definitely quick really looking forward to getting it I'm off on a camera club outing on Thursday. To be honest even if it came tomorrow I don't think I would have taken it with me as I like to have a at around before using it in anger.

Back