weekly overbez's 52 in 2014... Week 52 - SUPPORT added... *** FINISHED ***

Cheers all,

@pjm1 , not sure there is any access to the back of it.... sunrise is behind it from this angle in the winter though.. :)

@Judi, was a bit cloudy as you can see, but when it came out from behind a cloud, the front just lit up.

@Richard Gill , thanks, dreams... "imaginative" is one way to put the interpretation... :naughty: :), the other lad is splitting opinions a bit.

@alsjazzera not sure vertorama is a "real" word either, but its seems to be an accepted one. Stitching is done with Microsoft's ICE (Image Compositite Editor) (FREE), and does most of it automaticall, you can change a few parameters but its quick and simple.

@Dark Knight , crop off the top possibly, I did have a wider image to start with, but cropped it to make the church larger, without going for a 'dead central, only as wide as the building' crop. It's certainly tall and thinner than I would normally go, in order to accentuate the verticalness of it

@Nortdog, Verticals pretty much dealt with by Microsoft ICE, slight tweak in PS after but not much.

Last edited:
Lovely light there and I quite like the inclusion of the small building on the right.

Crit, none really. I had to have a good look the stitching and thought it was slightly off...imported to PS and discovered it was bang on :clap:

Cheers.

Wild: A lovely shot of a fine beast. Like the contast of the rich orange fur and earthly brown and greens of the background.....and man oh man...he must have a touch mouth to handle those plants. I like the subtle and restrained use of PP to improve the SOOC image.

Dreams: You've captured a special moment in time and combined with the blurb, it tells a moving story. I like the way you've captured him with both feet off the ground and arms and legs clearly at full tilt. A pic and son to be proud of for sure. (y)

Vertical: I can certainly appreciate the good works you've done to bring us this weeks submission. Always sounds easier than it is, both in terms of getting the multiple pics to be stiched and then the processing to put it all together. Not crit from me on this one other than to say that the beautiful light, interesting sky, rich colurs of the church and sense of openess around the church remind me of home :( (South Africa)

Cheers guys - and @superpippo I could have cloned out the sign, and did actually consider it, but chose not to.

Week 26 - YUM!

Sorry for the repetition, but I went out looking for the cows again, in search of my shot for the POTY comp. Nature is hard, too much sun, not enough sun, lack of pose / action but then when it does happen they're behind a tree, or in the shade.

At least I managed to prove the other weeks shot wasn;t a total fluke!

Week 26 - SOOC

Last edited:
Hi Graham, excellent and well caught shot, liking the processing on it too, as Paul above says nothing to crit it just works :clap:

I will just echo what Paul and Allan said above Graham, lovely portrait of the Highland Coo, great eye contact if you could see them (y)

Thanks all, lovely beasts indeed, and remarkably placid, I was within about 10 yards of them for a good 20 minutes or so, they just eat and walk, eat and walk. :)

Incidentally , how do you do that 'tagging' thing with the names?

Simply put an @ directly in front of the username. No text directly before the @ and no space between the @ and the name. A dropdown list appears as you type. @superpippo here's where identifiable avatars really do help :)

Yum, well spotted. The texture in the fur is great as is the green grass.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, just needed to catch then in the right light, and wait for a pose, he did also drink from a puddle and then lick his nose... But was in the shade and the colour was just not there.

Cheers Brian, should have known your sixth sense would draw you in!

Not sure of the gender or age of this one, "they" have introduced them onto the heathland near us, presumably to manage the scrub and undergrowth to allow the larger trees to flourish, and they roam around in small herds, eating as they go.

If they are not in the home pastures (close to the farm) then they are probably not being milked, which would mean that they are bullocks (castrated males) being grown on for beef.

Vertical, I really like the composition, it looks like it's about to blast off!

Yum, well he's saying yum and we're all thinking how tasty he would be with some peppercorn sauce and onion rings :LOL: so bang on theme... Lovely colours!

@Brian_of_Bozeat cheers Brian, no farm anywhere near so bullocks it is. :)

And I also thought the church looked quite rocket-esque, partly why I left the space above.

Oh, going to need a few chips to mop up the juices and sauce, yum.

@susiejb thanks Susie, wonder if I could shoehorn cow pics in each week till the end, they go down rather well, :D

Highland steer I think they call it .... you can use one of those for all your themes Graham, I love them.

Wild - great capture looks a tad painful on the tongue to me :)
Dream - fantastic take on the theme the look on his face really makes it
Vertical - Sky looks great not going to comment on vertorama as not got a clue what it is :)
Yum - colours are good, excellent detail down to the fly good work

What is it about them woolly cows that make ya laugh :D

Good eye contact Graham :whistle::D

Looking at your sooc I did think its a little tightly cropped :thinking:............but can see why with the tree trunk on the left.

HI Graham

Vertical.......I know it's the angle you've shot at but I wanna straighten it even though I know it's straight :banghead: Lovely lighting on it , caught at the right moment & great job on the stacking (y)

Yum......I love your cow hots....perfect pose , the eye contact is there even though you can't see the eye's :)thinking:)(y)

Hey Graham :)

Yum - Brian's Cow fetish seems to be rubbing off on you :LOL:

I love the look of these bulls, and how you have captured him here is real nice, looks like a 'what you looking at me for' look, the grass in his mouth stands out a treat, and the background is very pleasing too, Like It (y)

Thanks all,

When they moo, its actually quite loud,:),
there were a few flies buzzing around them which I did clone out, but liked the one on his nose.
Crop I wanted tight without clipping the horns, and the space the far side of the tree trunk had to go.

Week 27 - Loud.....

With a Vulcan doing it's validation run prior to Farnborough Air Show next week, we have loud! Could hear the screams from the kids in the playgrounds adjacent to the field! :)

[URL='http://i.imgur.com/WOyrUcH.jpg']Week 27 - SOOC

Apart from the miserable grey sky and the fact it only came over the field on approach to landing, I think not too bad. Might just use it as a placeholder in case I have a chance to get out next Sunday afternoon.[/url]

Thanks Judi, shame it wasn't up yesterday.... I'd have had this sky behind it then.. :(

Nice one Graham.
I thought about the Vulcan too. It sets off all the car alarms around our way during the local air show as it travels directly over our heads!
Very fitting for the theme and I think you've done nicely to get the detail of the craft with a sky like that.

Hi Graham, the sky certainly lets it down but you know that, i like the angle it is in the frame though maybe a little more room around it.
anything that frightens children is good for me :)

Loud: A pleasing shot of a beast of a machine. Theres a lot to be said for getting the best shot in the available conditions / sitituation which is what we have here - a good shot within the constraints you had to work with......looks sharp towards the middle to back which works for me too...

Only one niggle here....seems to be a white halo surrounding the plane which is a bit strange.....is it just my eyes or my monitor?

Yes, now the Vulcan is loud! Great shot Graham (y) We were disappointed it wasn't at Fairford this year :(

Back