weekly Peter 123's 52 for 2022

Great set of images Peter, I do like the newer image of the gardeners that you posted. I think that it's a stronger image. Makes my back hurt looking at it though...

All fit the theme, but I like your chosen shot best. I can just imagine a dog or child wanting to run through all those leaves afterwards. I think you did well to capture the rain at all.

Good set Peter. I like 1 and 2 especially, but I think the first (your chosen one) is the strongest visually, although it's a slight shame about the house being visible at the end of the avenue, but there's not much you can do about that and would be a nightmare to try and clone out.

Nice set of images. I think #3 has the edge for me as the curve leads the eye through the shot.

Last edited:
Works for me :)

All bang on target for the theme. Composition of your chosen shot edges it for me too.

A lot of the garden ornaments are covered for the winter so less choice than expected

1669650936094.jpeg

Interesting that they cover them up for the winter. I like your chosen shot best. A very ornamental wrought iron gate fits the bill very well. I'm not a fan of ornaments either - they just collect dust :)

Great set Peter. The second shot is the one that I like the best. I think that it's cleaner and the composition is spot on.

Lovely shot Peter! Every time I see one of these I want to have a go. I must stop procrastinating and actually get out and do one.

The noise stood on the bridge was incredible.
It's on a concrete section of the motorway which amplifies the tyre noise.

Ornament: I like the simplicity of the clock tower although I wonder what it would be like cropped in just for the weather vane? It is quite impressive.
Curves: lovely blue hour shot.. nice one.

Week 49 Tools

For various reasons I wanted to get this out of the way this week so this is simply a shot of hand tools on my garage wall.
Not at all creative but I think it meets the challenge.

week 49 Tools 1 by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

very tidy
dare not take a picture of my tool shed , it would be hard to spot any tools

But tools you can be creative with perhaps? Nicely organised and nicely squared up for the photo. Good complimentary colours too :)
Well I did go to the trouble of changing my lens to the 40mm F2 as it is low light in there. And also squaring the shot and changing the white balance.
So thank you, it is creative (maybe). :)

A nicely tooled shot :)

Curves: I always like these types of shots. How long was your exposure?
Tool(s): a great selection. I like the interplay of colours and shapes.

Week 50 Construction.

I chose this one because it is ironic that what is being constructed (on what was part of the hospital) is a 9 storey block of flats.
The sell off of major parts of this site mean we will have an extra 40 min drive to the transferred A&E should we ever need it.
So the sign saying thanks is very appropriate!

Week 50 Construction 3 by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

A local house being extended.
Week 50 Construction 1 by Peter Stephens, on Flick

Back