Phone Macro Thread - Lets see how good we can all get.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Flash diffused with 2 layers of tissue paper (wrapping type) not toilet tissue.
20140515_081759 by bthomas124, on Flickr

Not sure what the shots are but 'liked' because of your comments on toilet tissue & thinking you had been taking pics of.......................... I'd better stop there :oops: :$

He pays you?............ right that is it..... i want payment too or i strop!:D

I'm under pressure this morning - I need to get out & get some caffeine down my throat - if I smoked I'd need one & if I drank I'd need a pint:eek:

OK I'll meet your demands to keep on the right side of you - daughters are such high maintenance :p

Sorry folks the best I can do with my first try at the Mobile + Bryn suggested gadget.

The ladybird landed on me then fell onto the carpet & posed willingly :)

Small stuff on back garden wall :)

My first try, light switch screw, as it was static BUT BUT BUT I was shaking :eek:

Post went through twice :thinking:

I am trying - very very trying maybe but I really am trying :LOL:

It was running along the wall & there me not realising I'd have to pan when taking macro BUT pan I did :cool:

The only other one on the wall was this dead chappy :)

Just missed the head focus John but this it isn't easy is it? Still I love a challenge.

Just missed the head focus John but this it isn't easy is it? Still I love a challenge.

My head :thinking: oh you must mean the critter :LOL:

I feel that I'm doing well to get most of it in the frame - getting focus is the next stage :LOL:

You're doing ace Dad.. @DayDreamer looks like you are having some fun there

Well me daughter - as my wife just said I'm an armchair photographer - just nicked some flowers/weeds (can't tell the difference) from our neighbours garden & sitting with them on arm of chair & shooting with Mobile , then Ipad Mini, then compact with Raynox 250 , then DSLR with Raynox - phew but not moving an inch but giving me brain ache :LOL:

Well me daughter - as my wife just said I'm an armchair photographer - just nicked some flowers/weeds (can't tell the difference) from our neighbours garden & sitting with them on arm of chair & shooting with Mobile , then Ipad Mini, then compact with Raynox 250 , then DSLR with Raynox - phew but not moving an inch but giving me brain ache :LOL:

Ooh careful with that brain lol!.... i don't blame you doing it on the armchair, i quite often will collect stuff up and place at a level that i can work at, get some coloured cards they always work wonders as BG :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh careful with that brain lol!.... i don't blame you doing it on the armchair, i quite often will collect stuff up and place at a level that i can work at, get some coloured cards they always work wonders as BG :D

Yes I have a selection of coloured cards thanks to Les's tips on one of his posts. I think I need more light to keep the ISO down but one step at a time for me 'slow but surly' or whatever the expression is or isn't :clap:

Heath Robinson had nothing on me T :LOL: In fact I really am the total opposite. ;)

Careful my surname is Robinson & my first isn't Heath :eek:

Right you lovely honey monsters i have a tasked for you so thinking caps on.... i have found my iphone macro :banana::banana: crumb attacks are minimal too but i don't have the magnetic ring on my phone anymore for it to stick too...i'm going over to fleabay to see if i can get just those but in the meantime if you have any blue peter suggestions........:D

Right you lovely honey monsters i have a tasked for you so thinking caps on.... i have found my iphone macro :banana::banana: crumb attacks are minimal too but i don't have the magnetic ring on my phone anymore for it to stick too...i'm going over to fleabay to see if i can get just those but in the meantime if you have any blue peter suggestions........:D
Self Adhesive Magnetic Tape T ;)

No real effort in these I just stepped outside and did them...I even felt I wasn't holding the phone too steady but I am really pleased with them. I was using an iphone5.

14012583460_f80e4c3179_z.jpg

14012620047_cfb8dc8d85_z.jpg

14012555068_d008f4bb94_z.jpg

Taken at today's coffee session, with my IPhone 4s, with only the flowers at arms length from me. I didn't use the macro gadget - meant to take it with me & forgot :clap:

Well after finding my little lens and then finding on ebay some new magnetic sticky rings......... then losing lens again only to find it this evening stuck to a saucepan :mad::mad:... i can tell you i was seething all day at not knowing where the damn thing was when it had been on the kitchen sill all weekend..
So this evening a quick pop to the garden:D

Untitled by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Not the greatest, it was breezy but IT'S A CRITTER AND A SPIDEY EEKY ONE AT THAT!:banana:

Untitled by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Back