Phone Macro Thread - Lets see how good we can all get.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Hahaha well i wouldn't go as far as to say my fear is going @Tintin124 but i could cope with this as it was sooooooooooooooooooooo tiny! plus i zoomed in with the camera app a bit too:D:D

Well after finding my little lens and then finding on ebay some new magnetic sticky rings......... then losing lens again only to find it this evening stuck to a saucepan :mad::mad:... i can tell you i was seething all day at not knowing where the damn thing was when it had been on the kitchen sill all weekend..

"Stuck to a saucepan" - could only happen to you :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I never go anywhere near the saucepans (MCP) so wouldn't lose mine there :clap:

May find it stuck to the bottom of the TV remote control ;)

Welcome @soggs now that looks like a good quality camera... have you used a macro lens attachment would be interested to see performance with one.

Keep em coming.

Welcome @soggs now that looks like a good quality camera... have you used a macro lens attachment would be interested to see performance with one.

Keep em coming.

You & your bloody macro attachment. Are you on commission? :p

Keep em coming.

Thanks Tintin :) I'm very impressed with the Nokia, and I think the top end Lumias all contain fairly decent optics.

No I haven't used a macro lens attachment, although from DayDreamers comments I presume you are quite a fan of them? :D

Hi Soggs & welcome from me:welcome:

A few of us bought one at the Princely sum of £4.99 including me. They are good fun :)

Hi Soggs & welcome from me:welcome:

A few of us bought one at the Princely sum of £4.99 including me. They are good fun :)

Hi DayDreamer, and thanks for the welcome :)

That sounds like a pretty reasonable price, I might be tempted myself as I'm quite keen on macro photography. Where were they from?

great shots everyone am surprised how good they are, when I tried on my S3 they were pants!
I will have to try again

great shots everyone am surprised how good they are, when I tried on my S3 they were pants!
I will have to try again
I found an app called better camera which gives you a little more control Pete, maybe give it a try as it is free. ;)

Hi DayDreamer, and thanks for the welcome :)

That sounds like a pretty reasonable price, I might be tempted myself as I'm quite keen on macro photography. Where were they from?

eBay!! :D

Sent from The Moon.....

Lol lol thanks Bryn- i have come to the conclusion i hate breezes!

You mean 'wind up your skirt' type of breezes :p - that's why us men are sensible we wear trousers :exit:

Thanks for the link, I might get one to play around with, although I'm not sure that one will work with my phone as the camera on mine is almost in the centre of the phone and it doesn't look like the clip will reach.

If you take a look on Amazon or Ebay they seem to have many different types & I bet they're all similar :)

Did you get the magnetic tape T and dd it work if you did?

No, i nearly did and then done a quick search to see if anyone sold just the macro magnetic sticky circles and they did, only 1.30 too!:D i still might get the clip one though as the strips don't work all that well so need to get a bit of super clue as a temporary measure

If you take a look on Amazon or Ebay they seem to have many different types & I bet they're all similar :)
Yes I'll have a look round, I'm sure there'll be something that will fit. I think I'll need something to compete with some of the shots on here, very impressive!

Thanks John, if you could measure the thickness of your phone and case together, that would be a great help.

Michael it is 14mm - but taking a more careful look it would cope with something quite a bit thicker. Tell me the thickness of yours & I will take another look (y)

Hmm lets see what I have

One I got earlier today iPhone 5s

DSC03953 by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

Les ;)

A shot you took earlier or an IPhone 5s you got earlier :p

I'll post some up later with my IPhone 6s & that'll keep you quiet :LOL:

Oh yes nice 'critterless' shot :)

Back