weekly pjm1's 52 in 2014 week 52 (Support) added... FINISHED!

Damn Paul... If that is a poor job, god knows when you will hit your peak :jawdrop:

That's excellent, PS is something I really must start to use occasionally, your image looks very effective to me Paul (y)

A very fitting end shot for your 2014 52 Paul :clap:

And hope you are feeling better soon mate...

Hi Dean, thank you for the kind comments :) I was distracted by the improvement I'd make if redoing it, but it seems this shot has gone down reasonably well: lots of nice comments from friends as well who are confused how we've managed to get a sunset when they're looking out of their windows and seeing 100% cloud cover :) My mum also told me off for not wearing a coat outside!

Glad you liked it and quite pleased to have a fresh challenge in front of us in the form of the 2015 52 :)

Feeling a bit better... tidying up day today of my office/camera kit storage room, so I need to! Cheers.

Maybe not what you originally envisaged, but a fab image to end the year on Paul! Well done on a great job with the pp and I look forward to seeing more of your shots in 2015.

Thanks Elaine, glad you liked it. Looking forward to this year's challenge a lot! I've decided to post SOOC images each week as well so you will be able to tell how much PP I've done now ;)

AWE ... nice work (again) Paul. Liking the light on the little ones face.

You did a years work in 6 months!!!! ... you came along at just the right time for us, posters were quitting, things were starting to flag, you injected new life.

See ya in '15 :woot:

AWE ... nice work (again) Paul. Liking the light on the little ones face.

You did a years work in 6 months!!!! ... you came along at just the right time for us, posters were quitting, things were starting to flag, you injected new life.

See ya in '15 :woot:

Wow thank you David... very kind words indeed. It was fun to join even if I missed the early months - and everyone was very welcome so a big thank you all for that.

Now about this 2015 '52... Bliss eh? WTF!!?

Hi Paul

Well done on finishing the 52 in double quick time. You have produced some truly lovely, thoughtful stuff ( and a bit of meh now and again :):exit:)
You have been very supportive to all and your comment are always well thought , well written and encouraging.

That last shot brought a lump to my throat (honestly). My two girls are so long past that age that it is a distant memory but there is still a feeling inside that never goes away. Now we have a grandson we are back to doing similar things - I daren't confess to the number of shots that I have taken of him this year

I think that you have done a great job on the PP - way beyond my understanding (altho not keen on the tree ).

I would have been happy just to see the shot of you and your son - just enough light on the faces to get an impression of the expressions and yet dark enough to be dramatic. Exudes energy for me too. Top shot and an impressive ending.(y)

Take care

Thanks Alan - that's a lovely comment to sign off with! Really, really appreciate that and glad you've enjoyed my comments along the way. Everyone will be getting them for the full 52 weeks this year, I'm afraid!

I do hope to cut down on the "meh" portion this year... I'm slowing down my photography a fair bit, partly through thinking more about why I want to press the shutter release and also partly through using film a bit more. I've got to the point where I know how to get my DSLR to do what I want it to do: I'm pretty comfortable with the exposure triangle and what I want my DOF to be so it's really about capturing *that* image at the right time, making sure the lighting is how I want it and getting compositional elements in the right place. It's probably this last aspect I'm currently struggling most with (as evidenced by my week 1 shot for Bliss this year)... loads more to learn on lighting but I've made some reasonable progress on that whereas compositionally I feel I'm floundering a lot.

Have a great year with your grandkids - I know how much my parents enjoy spending time with our two (I'm an only child so they're all they have!) and I look forward one day, hopefully, to having grandchildren of our own - but not for quite a long time yet!

Cheers and see you around :)

Back