weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

You have done a good job with the light painting Andy, Chicken looks positively radioactive!

Only possible negative being the unusual composition that will be a bit marmite I guess?

Onward and upward! (y)

Cheers. I did a feww crops but rather liked this one.

Hi Andy
Nicely light painted, strange subject matter but perfectly on theme
I like the composition ie the placement in the frame
Your wife must think you are crazy,
we do some odd things for the 52s (y)

Cheers. This smiley was made for Jackie :rolleyes:

hi Andy

Bit behind - sorry

Live - the couple look lost in their own world and just amble along . Nice gentle feel to the shot. I like the comp with the arch of the trees and and the rows of the trunks. Both treatments good but i feel that the colour treatment is best because it is muted and seems to suit the mood of the couple in an autumnal way.

Reflection - now I don't remember you asking permission to shoot my favorite bit of art on the Blackpool front. :nono: But as you have done such a cracking job I will overlook the infringement. Good central comp and partic nice colours captured.

Melt - just too stomach churning for me to look at.

Left - very good shot by Isabelle - she has certainly captured the theme as the figures relate well to each other and a definite feeling of leaving in the way that she has arranged them.
The chicken is a simple idea of left over food and a good job of light painting with an excellent b/g. I like the position of the carcase in the frame.

hi Andy

Bit behind - sorry

Live - the couple look lost in their own world and just amble along . Nice gentle feel to the shot. I like the comp with the arch of the trees and and the rows of the trunks. Both treatments good but i feel that the colour treatment is best because it is muted and seems to suit the mood of the couple in an autumnal way.

Reflection - now I don't remember you asking permission to shoot my favorite bit of art on the Blackpool front. :nono: But as you have done such a cracking job I will overlook the infringement. Good central comp and partic nice colours captured.

Melt - just too stomach churning for me to look at.

Left - very good shot by Isabelle - she has certainly captured the theme as the figures relate well to each other and a definite feeling of leaving in the way that she has arranged them.
The chicken is a simple idea of left over food and a good job of light painting with an excellent b/g. I like the position of the carcase in the frame.

Cheers, Alan, it's been a long time since I went to Blackpool and it's changed a lot, for the better.

Hi Andy
Its a good idea, certainly different which is a good thing makes a change from the norm.
and that alone makes it worthy of a :clap:

A fun take on the theme Andy, good work.
As you say, it ticks the box. One more sleep until a new theme :D

Howdy matey :wave:

had to laugh ...sorry but apart from pebble one's I really don't like feet :eek:

That said....good idea , well shot & pp's....mono was the only way to go :D

I am wowed by this. Great Idea, and nicely done Andy. (y)

:D :) :) :)

:) :) :) o_O

:) :) ;) :)

Isabelle's kiwi looks lovely and juicy, she's done a very good job there. (y)

Last edited:
Hi Andy
excellent work :clap: you have certainly nailed the style and i like the choice of leaves for the colour it adds a little twist.
Nothing more i can say (y)

I am wowed by this. Great Idea, and nicely done Andy. (y)

:D :) :) :)

:) :) :) o_O

:) :) ;) :)

Isabelle's kiwi looks lovely and juicy, she's done a very good job there. (y)

Cheers, Brian.

Hi Andy
excellent work :clap: you have certainly nailed the style and i like the choice of leaves for the colour it adds a little twist.
Nothing more i can say (y)

Cheers, I did enjoy this one.

Ive just seen your kiwi fruit submission and have to say its brilliant. Great detail, colours and lighting. Smashing image. Top marks Andy

Thanks, I'll let Isabelle know.

Hi matey

art 1........love it , needs framing ,ideal for the lounge as a talking point , love the vivid reds & yellows (y) racking my my tiny brain as to the how ? plain grey doc with clones stamped used from leaf shots ?

Art 2.........makes me remember The Thomas Crown affair ( Pierce Brosnan/Reno Russo version) . I do think you could have done so much better with this , looks a little rushed maybe ? Background I like a lot along with the modern twist of the baseball cap (y) given that the suit jacket seems a little on the large size I may have been tempted to crop just above the pocket , turn Isabelle a smidge to be facing full on & straighten the jacket on her left side , sort the lh collar & centralise the tie ? Sorry if that sounds harsh but you set pretty high standards for yourself :exit:

Isabell's Art....not seen those fruit since I was at school ( many many many years ago ! ) , like the layout ,the detail in the fruit....can see you having father/daughter challenge going on next year :D

Any relation to René Magritte the surrealist painter :exit:

Welcome to pedants corner.

As for the picture itself agree with Lynne it has its faults but anything would compared to your first

Two nice fruit pics from Isabelle though (y)

#1 gets my vote for art Andy, i am not sure about your second one :( sorry.

i am going to be quite critical here, i feel I can be at this stage in the game.
I think I would prefer it if the background to the leaves/circles was pure white as opposed to the light grey i see on my monitor, I feel it would be a 'crisper' image.
Also, not sure what I am seeing at the edges of the circles, on the background, it looks like you may have done a bit of cloning around them and its left a trace/squiggles.

As a concept, it is bang on and think its very creative of you, this is one which would work really well as a large print (my critique above considered)

You've got a proper little photographer in Isabelle, it is to be encouraged as I am sure you do, she's got a great eye for it (y)

Cheers Andy

Hi matey

art 1........love it , needs framing ,ideal for the lounge as a talking point , love the vivid reds & yellows (y) racking my my tiny brain as to the how ? plain grey doc with clones stamped used from leaf shots ?

Art 2.........makes me remember The Thomas Crown affair ( Pierce Brosnan/Reno Russo version) . I do think you could have done so much better with this , looks a little rushed maybe ? Background I like a lot along with the modern twist of the baseball cap (y) given that the suit jacket seems a little on the large size I may have been tempted to crop just above the pocket , turn Isabelle a smidge to be facing full on & straighten the jacket on her left side , sort the lh collar & centralise the tie ? Sorry if that sounds harsh but you set pretty high standards for yourself :exit:

Isabell's Art....not seen those fruit since I was at school ( many many many years ago ! ) , like the layout ,the detail in the fruit....can see you having father/daughter challenge going on next year :D

Cheers, Lynne. Yeah #2 was a bit rushed. Sometimes I have to grab quick photographs beers she gets bored. Also my tablet broke so I had to resort to my mouse. New tablet bought :)

I keep pushing Jackie and Isabelle for a competition next year but they both just say, "geek".

Any relation to René Magritte the surrealist painter :exit:

Welcome to pedants corner.

As for the picture itself agree with Lynne it has its faults but anything would compared to your first

Two nice fruit pics from Isabelle though (y)

Cheers, I'm a big fan of serialism :)

I'll let Isabelle know...thanks (y)

I really like the colours in the leaves and the presentation is grand ;)

Cheers. Might get a print.

Cheers all.

#1 gets my vote for art Andy, i am not sure about your second one :( sorry.

i am going to be quite critical here, i feel I can be at this stage in the game.
I think I would prefer it if the background to the leaves/circles was pure white as opposed to the light grey i see on my monitor, I feel it would be a 'crisper' image.
Also, not sure what I am seeing at the edges of the circles, on the background, it looks like you may have done a bit of cloning around them and its left a trace/squiggles.

As a concept, it is bang on and think its very creative of you, this is one which would work really well as a large print (my critique above considered)

You've got a proper little photographer in Isabelle, it is to be encouraged as I am sure you do, she's got a great eye for it (y)

Cheers Andy

Thanks, Iain. I really struggled with the BG. If I made it white it would look like dots on the screen with no real border. But if I made it white and added a border I wasn't keen as Damien Hurst des not have borders.

Don't recall doing any cloning, though. It took me ages to get them composed and cropped :thinking:

I might have another look.

I'll let Isabelle know and I appreciate the C&C (y)

Left works just fine. The light painting thing has turned out nice. On theme, and I like the composition right at the bottom of the frame.

I had a giggle when I first saw Food. Good idea, and nicely done. Having the 'Oh Dear!' bit look a bit more like a display (IYSWIM) would improve, but I wouldn't know where to start with that kind of thing myself.

Isabelle's Food is a fine shot, I love the play of light in the moisture. Her still life is nice too.

I really like the first art shot, a really nice idea, and just works. The colours and detail in the leaves, and the whole layout of the piece.

Pomegranate face does nothing for me I'm afraid, but I am a but of a luddite!

Good work Andy (y)
The border is only required on here to make it stand out against the background isn't it?

I think it would look great printed large on a canvas, quite a statement piece

Left works just fine. The light painting thing has turned out nice. On theme, and I like the composition right at the bottom of the frame.

I had a giggle when I first saw Food. Good idea, and nicely done. Having the 'Oh Dear!' bit look a bit more like a display (IYSWIM) would improve, but I wouldn't know where to start with that kind of thing myself.

Isabelle's Food is a fine shot, I love the play of light in the moisture. Her still life is nice too.

I really like the first art shot, a really nice idea, and just works. The colours and detail in the leaves, and the whole layout of the piece.

Pomegranate face does nothing for me I'm afraid, but I am a but of a luddite!

Yeah, ISWYM about the display.

Art #1, might get a print.

No Luddite, we all like different 'stuff' this is just one of me :)

Good work Andy (y)
The border is only required on here to make it stand out against the background isn't it?

I think it would look great printed large on a canvas, quite a statement piece

It is, Iain, I think I was being a bit precious.

:clap:Yayyyyyy...edit works loads better

Can you advise on how this was done please...I'm playing with pse at the mo so new things to try would be great ..:)

How I did it.....

Well, I photographed about 25 leaves. Chose the best. Then.....ooffff, I'll have to get back to this...late and I'm pooped
gag.gif

ooohhh...get you , posting on a saturday evening :p

Don't ya just love those little mannequins.....was/am going to do something similar but doubt it'll be up to this standard :crying:

1st one for me , prefer the lighting ,as in , it's more even (IYSIM ?)a couple of bright bits but still a really great image... loving those hearts....especially the colors in the 1st shot ,more subdued & romantic ...

Put your feet up now & have a JD :D

Quick off the mark this week Andy (y)
These wooden mannequins make for willing subjects, #1 gets my vote, the more subdued colours work better IMHO.

Care to share how you got the heart shaped bokeh?

ooohhh...get you , posting on a saturday evening :p

Don't ya just love those little mannequins.....was/am going to do something similar but doubt it'll be up to this standard :crying:

1st one for me , prefer the lighting ,as in , it's more even (IYSIM ?)a couple of bright bits but still a really great image... loving those hearts....especially the colors in the 1st shot ,more subdued & romantic ...

Put your feet up now & have a JD :D

Quick off the mark this week Andy (y)
These wooden mannequins make for willing subjects, #1 gets my vote, the more subdued colours work better IMHO.

Care to share how you got the heart shaped bokeh?

Cheers you too.

Strange as it seems, I felt a fad guilty using these props...felt like i was nicking them from Iain :)

The bokeh, Iain, well, I bought some high quality card, a very sharp knife, a stencil......wait....maybe I made a photoshop brush.....linky

Cheers.

You been drinking again? :D

That link took me to a youtube video asking why bring a child into the world :LOL:

No need to feel guilty about using the mannequins Andy, I don't have copyright on them and its always good to see a different take on a similar subject (y)

You been drinking again? :D

That link took me to a youtube video asking why bring a child into the world :LOL:

No need to feel guilty about using the mannequins Andy, I don't have copyright on them and its always good to see a different take on a similar subject (y)

How the heck did that happen.

Try again. Linky

Had the odd quaff...I'm celebrating :)

Last edited:
Back