weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Hi Andy
I think out of the two the first one works slightly better, but both good as Lynne says the colours work slightly better.

Now what are you going to do all week?

I prefer the first one as I think the hand on hand really makes it on theme... but i have an issue with the right hand figure, the head/chest legs relationship looks wrong to me somehow?

Love the bokeh effect, thanks for the link. :)

Really liking the second one, it looks very much like a wedding first dance sort of shot.

Good sharp figures with great bokeh.

Hi Andy

Food - brave shot. Quirky, original and well handled . Good choice of mono. Isabelle's Kiwi fruit is great - lovely colour and textures

Art - another good idea, well handled - prefer the edit as the border distinguishes it from the TP b/g - as Iain pointed out. good colours and excellent choice of textures.

Art#2 - a good take on the Magritte effect in comp and colour. Like the weird body shape and ill fitting suit ( if that is not being too unkind to someone). Isabelle's shot is well composed and a good choice of subject matter (y). My only ob would be that i find the b/g a bit busy and the blue does not suit.

Friendship - those mannequins get everywhere :rolleyes: Nice use of the heart motif. prefer #1 as the hearts and lighting are more subtle and partic like the pose with them looking in slightly different directions and the hands being offered only tentatively.

Pretty good run of stuff there. (y)

Enjoy Whitby - went there end of October after a 20 year absence and really enjoyed it - some good photo opps. Also Morecambe which has that magnificent bay, the Art Deco Midland and Heysham village.

No I mean the torso and head are pointing one way and the legs appear to be going the other way... like the waist is 180° out of position.

Ah, I was not going to touch them again...blookin' things :)

Hi Andy

Food - brave shot. Quirky, original and well handled . Good choice of mono. Isabelle's Kiwi fruit is great - lovely colour and textures

Art - another good idea, well handled - prefer the edit as the border distinguishes it from the TP b/g - as Iain pointed out. good colours and excellent choice of textures.

Art#2 - a good take on the Magritte effect in comp and colour. Like the weird body shape and ill fitting suit ( if that is not being too unkind to someone). Isabelle's shot is well composed and a good choice of subject matter (y). My only ob would be that i find the b/g a bit busy and the blue does not suit.

Friendship - those mannequins get everywhere :rolleyes: Nice use of the heart motif. prefer #1 as the hearts and lighting are more subtle and partic like the pose with them looking in slightly different directions and the hands being offered only tentatively.

Pretty good run of stuff there. (y)

Enjoy Whitby - went there end of October after a 20 year absence and really enjoyed it - some good photo opps. Also Morecambe which has that magnificent bay, the Art Deco Midland and Heysham village.

Thanks for the FB, appreciated.

Looking forward to Whitby!!

:eek: how easy to end up behind......

food... I much prefer the literal take. the text looks out of place on the scales, whereas the kiwi is lovely and colourful and juicy.

I much prefer the lef art in your original, the white with the balck border is far too abrupt for me. the off white allows the colours of the leaves through much better!

Friendship - i like them both. 2 great efforts for a theme I'm still struggling with. (y)

Hey Andy :)

Left - Hahaaaa that's great :D

Liking the portrait crop, to me it shouldn't work but it does very well, great black background and good detail

Food - The Scale - What can one say :LOL: - excellent idea mate, I like these type ones of yours (y)

Isabelle's is very well lit, nice and fury, bright and full of detail again, good enough to eat :clap:

Art - Some good ones there, but for me the Leaf shot has it !!!! now that is a cracker mate, love the colours, what a great idea :clap:

Friendship - Hmmmmm tough choice... I'm going to go for the first one as I'm preferring not seeing the stands :)

:eek: how easy to end up behind......

food... I much prefer the literal take. the text looks out of place on the scales, whereas the kiwi is lovely and colourful and juicy.

I much prefer the lef art in your original, the white with the balck border is far too abrupt for me. the off white allows the colours of the leaves through much better!

Friendship - i like them both. 2 great efforts for a theme I'm still struggling with. (y)

Hey Andy :)

Left - Hahaaaa that's great :D

Liking the portrait crop, to me it shouldn't work but it does very well, great black background and good detail

Food - The Scale - What can one say :LOL: - excellent idea mate, I like these type ones of yours (y)

Isabelle's is very well lit, nice and fury, bright and full of detail again, good enough to eat :clap:

Art - Some good ones there, but for me the Leaf shot has it !!!! now that is a cracker mate, love the colours, what a great idea :clap:

Friendship - Hmmmmm tough choice... I'm going to go for the first one as I'm preferring not seeing the stands :)

Cheers, guys, appreciate the FB (y)

looking super sleek to me Andy, colour version for me. Any chance we could get the frame numbers back along the bottom edge??

thinking possibly the portrait orientation clashes a bit with the film negative presentation... but you have to be really finickity to get bothered by that. Nicely done all round, shots and presentation. (y)

looking super sleek to me Andy, colour version for me. Any chance we could get the frame numbers back along the bottom edge??

thinking possibly the portrait orientation clashes a bit with the film negative presentation... but you have to be really finickity to get bothered by that. Nicely done all round, shots and presentation. (y)

Oooppsss....I was pooped when I did the colour and not sure why I cropped the bottom off :thinking:

Yeah, a bit of poetic licence the portrait orientation but cropping didn't work.

Cheers.

Some great lighting going on there Andy. Definitely the colour version for me.
Maybe you could move the focus point on the third image to give slightly less oof in the top left hand quadrant or increase depth of field a tad?

Oooppsss....I was pooped when I did the colour and not sure why I cropped the bottom off :thinking:

pooped?? or JD and coke'd? ;)

Looks like you stretched it about a little too, shame it wasn't the B&W that was cropped - be easier to cut and paste it back.

Some great lighting going on there Andy. Definitely the colour version for me.
Maybe you could move the focus point on the third image to give slightly less oof in the top left hand quadrant or increase depth of field a tad?

Ah, I see what you mean about the third..Duly noted

pooped?? or JD and coke'd? ;)

Looks like you stretched it about a little too, shame it wasn't the B&W that was cropped - be easier to cut and paste it back.

No JD.....just coke :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy
I do like that, a really good triptych of the camera, out of the 2 i think I prefer the colour one
just for the little splash of colour in the first image
can't fault that at all (y)

Hi Andy
I do like that, a really good triptych of the camera, out of the 2 i think I prefer the colour one
just for the little splash of colour in the first image
can't fault that at all (y)

Cheers, Allan, I quite enjoyed this one.

The shutter button was bought....6 for £6. I lost the first one I bought that was £13.00 for:bang: one....

Got here finally !

#1 for me which is odd cos I'm normally quite partial to a touch of sc . Think I prefer the overall lighting on #1 , seems far more subtle and in keeping with the style of the camera .Love the frame as well...really good thinkin could be a product shot for sure :clap:

Got here finally !

#1 for me which is odd cos I'm normally quite partial to a touch of sc . Think I prefer the overall lighting on #1 , seems far more subtle and in keeping with the style of the camera .Love the frame as well...really good thinkin could be a product shot for sure :clap:

Cheers, SC, yeah, guess it does have a SC feel.

Have you used yours yet???

Hi Andy, Nice one!

It's the colour one for me. (y) only negative [negative!, ho ho ho :LOL:] for me being the blur in the last frame.

As Graham says the frames are the wrong orientation - and yes I am finiky! but that doesn't spoil it at all. after all one could argue that the images should be in negative colours and that wouldn't work at all!

Are you the REAL Santa?

Hi Andy, Nice one!

It's the colour one for me. (y) only negative [negative!, ho ho ho :LOL:] for me being the blur in the last frame.

As Graham says the frames are the wrong orientation - and yes I am finiky! but that doesn't spoil it at all. after all one could argue that the images should be in negative colours and that wouldn't work at all!

Are you the REAL Santa?

Poetic licence, My Lord :)

Last one, yeah, ISWYM. I really wanted just the 50 in focus.

Christmas.....is it over yet :runaway:

Hi Andy,
Another vote for #1 from me.
I prefer the look of it more against the colour version, with that one my eye is being drawn to the shutter button and away from the other frames.
I like the border/film frame, good choice the subject really suits it.

Hi Andy,
Another vote for #1 from me.
I prefer the look of it more against the colour version, with that one my eye is being drawn to the shutter button and away from the other frames.
I like the border/film frame, good choice the subject really suits it.

Cheers, Iain. Yeah, it's #1 for me too. I prefer the nostalgic feel.

Cheers.

Ooofff, never been this pppfftt before. Im sat here in Costa :) thinking of ideas for Colour. Every idea I have results in a 'been done before', 'boring', or 'Jackie will never agree to do that! ' :)

I might resort once again to a PABD.

Anyway, enough blabbing. ...

Both Friendship shots work, but I think #1 does it for me. The mannequins are nicely lit, and the heart bokeh is a nice touch.

Can't choose between the colour and mono version of sleek, I wouldn't change either.

yay - liking that.... shape looks like it'd work as a sunflower too. Nice bright colours, super black BG and no faults on the PP'ing.

Really nice. :clap:

To improve, maybe a different smoke shape used within the petals, and for the leaves rather than a resize / flip, but I guess it depends how many curls you have to work from. Didn't something bad happen last time you tried smoke art? Or am I imagining?

Hi Andy
Very nice, I can imagine it must have taken ages but that hard work has paid off, it almost looks like oil paint
Nice vivid colour and black BG
Excellent:clap:

OMG......what....how......:thinking: that is freakily stunning ...looks almost like stained glass ....no crit just a resounding :clap::clap:

Actually , looking at it again....I'd have prefered the dead space to be on the left ,not sure why though...or even bang central in a portrait crop ?

yay - liking that.... shape looks like it'd work as a sunflower too. Nice bright colours, super black BG and no faults on the PP'ing.

Really nice. :clap:

To improve, maybe a different smoke shape used within the petals, and for the leaves rather than a resize / flip, but I guess it depends how many curls you have to work from. Didn't something bad happen last time you tried smoke art? Or am I imagining?

Different shape petals, didn't think to do that.

Yeah, I recall an incident a while ago..manages these without incident :)

Hi Andy
Very nice, I can imagine it must have taken ages but that hard work has paid off, it almost looks like oil paint
Nice vivid colour and black BG
Excellent:clap:

Cheers, took some time but I think it paid off. Appreciate the FB.

That is very nice, nice colours, nice positioning and works well against the black background.

Cheers, I thought Flickr would suck some colour our but looks like it didn't.

OMG......what....how......:thinking: that is freakily stunning ...looks almost like stained glass ....no crit just a resounding :clap::clap:

Actually , looking at it again....I'd have prefered the dead space to be on the left ,not sure why though...or even bang central in a portrait crop ?

Took some patience :bang: :D But worth it in the end.

I didn't try any different compositions as this one is my default. I read some where about placing objects on LH side being more visually appealing due to how we read. Square crop, never crossed my mind...I'll have a to later.

Cheers.

Back