weekly Richard, 52 week - Change added

fresh-23-Edit.jpg by richardj.gill, on Flickr

fresh grapes by richardj.gill, on Flickr

If anyone is interested. The lemon shot was created by dropping a lemon into a fish tank. Lighting was dome with two speelights. One at the side of the tank, the other was use to light the background. Shutter speed was 1/200s. A bit of contrast and saturation and the blacks boosted in LR5.

Last edited:
Lemon image for me too Richard (y) I'm with Allan and Mark, colour of the water is great but no idea how its done :)

Twisted, lovely detail and tones. Great eye contact. Minor crit would be the flowers upper left

Fresh, #1 for me. Screams afresh and I did wonder how you did it.

Cheers

Last edited:
lovely dog shot for twisted, im not too bothered about the shoehorn, we all need one at some point
another vote for the lemon shot from me, being able to freeze it in a good position and keep a bright background is good. well done.

Hi
Liking the repetition of shapes in this, rails,posts,steps,lines and the b/w treatment. As for POV difficult with so much going on but maybe lower,under handrails?

I rather like that one. Repeating patterns is, something I keep meaning to look out for.

I like the low POV but whorl prefer more emphasis on the curves, perhaps rotating them anti clockwise so the bend was on the top.

Cheers.

Good shot for shape Richard, plenty of dof, pov's ok for me (y)....would have preferred to see a little more down the right hand side though :)

[qHi Richard - Really like the edit/crop for your 'Mono' shot, great expression caught and great facial detail :)

The shine on that frog is good climbing out of the pond, as for the dog, what a great pet portrait (y)

Fresh - For me it has to be the first shot, of the lemon entering the water, an excellent angle, and love the detail/colour :clap:

Shape - Again I really like this, but seems a bit tight on the RH side, the diagonal lines coming in from the left really work well :)

Last edited:
not sure you could have done much better on the POV here richard - the lines on the edges of the step work beautifully with the curve of the rails.

Nice one.

Hi Richard

I seem to have missed your Lemon image ?

The Grapes are great , fresh colors , clean & sharp , enough of the running water visible but not overpowering & a great white bg....lovely :clap:

Doggy portrait.....super eye contact & really well focused......who cares if it's shoe-horned...shows the pooch's character :clap: Might be tempted to clone out or tone down the bright pinky flowers in the bg lhs ?

Shape..I like it in mono , lots of shapes going on & again very sharp (y) Not sure about the 1st rail being oof but that may just be me.....

HI Richard

Smoke reshoot.....love the color & shapes in the smoke :clap:.....don't really see the connection with the light fitting :thinking:

Hi Lynne thanks for taking the time to comment. The lighting fitting is an emergency light that should come in case of fire but I should have explained that! Struggling with inspiration for numbers so not overly happy with it myself.

Hi, reshoot, I wouldn't have got the connection either :) it's a decent attempt but I think you could do better with the composite site of the photograph.

I actually like Numbers, reminds me of a cheesy '80' advert.

Cheers.

Nature - A bit noisy even for ISO1000 so I guess it's been blown up a little

Action - The image isn't showing but I'm guessing it from your Flickr stream. You've definitely caught the action here including the water drops

Mono - I can only find the colour version. You've certainly caught a lovely and natural expression

Twisted - A lovely dog portrait with some nice catchlights in the eyes.

Fresh - The lemon is a cracking shot. Some lovely vibrant colours. It is really made by the diagonal piece of water caused by dropped the subject.

Shape - Great spot for this one. I'm finding it a bit tight to the right hand side. The conversion has been well handled.

Reshoot - I like the smoke made into flames but maybe suggest overlapping it with the light fitting to connect the two

Number - So we know when you took this LOL. I like the matching glow around the phone and numbers to that coming from the handset itself

Hi, reshoot, I wouldn't have got the connection either :) it's a decent attempt but I think you could do better with the composite site of the photograph.

I actually like Numbers, reminds me of a cheesy '80' advert.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy good suggestion about the composite

Nature - A bit noisy even for ISO1000 so I guess it's been blown up a little

Action - The image isn't showing but I'm guessing it from your Flickr stream. You've definitely caught the action here including the water drops

Mono - I can only find the colour version. You've certainly caught a lovely and natural expression

Twisted - A lovely dog portrait with some nice catchlights in the eyes.

Fresh - The lemon is a cracking shot. Some lovely vibrant colours. It is really made by the diagonal piece of water caused by dropped the subject.

Shape - Great spot for this one. I'm finding it a bit tight to the right hand side. The conversion has been well handled.

Reshoot - I like the smoke made into flames but maybe suggest overlapping it with the light fitting to connect the two

Number - So we know when you took this LOL. I like the matching glow around the phone and numbers to that coming from the handset itself
Peter - you put some effort into commenting there! Thanks for your feedback. Flickr is a bit of pain when linked to Lighttoom as if you make changes then it atomically updates the flickr version which then is out of date with the link here.

Some good colour, detail and interesting patterns in the smoke for re-shoot Richard (y)

Numbers, clever PP (y), it would be beyond me :)

Strength, interesting, like the pov (y), what's it look like in colour?.....:thinking:.... Possibly a good place for a nice sunset :)

Back