Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

~Sam~ said:
OK, does anyone else feel as bad as I do today? :crying:

Woke up this morning and felt a little queezy (how do you spell that word?) and by the time I came home felt like I'd been hit by a train - I swear, my skin hurts, my head hurts, my muscles hurt, my stomach hurts and even my bones ache. :thumbsdown::shake::shake:

So....I am sorry for not posting comments on anyone else's threads today. I promise I will tomorrow.

So, given that I now feel like death warmed up, maybe today's is appropriate! I went to the local church at lunchtime - would have spent more time, but there were a lot of people arriving for a funeral and I just don't think it's right to be wondering around with my camera when that's happening (I will revisit another day).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sammicam/8358479887/
365/Day 7 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Taken in colour and converted to B&W as I felt it brought out the textures more effectively. May take another look tomorrow and change a little.

Know how ya feel....I was bad as a dog all night last night :(.....hope you feeling better soon. Don't worry about other posts, it's always difficult to keep up with sooooo many of us posting daily. Still a cracking shot though :)

OK, does anyone else feel as bad as I do today? :crying:

Woke up this morning and felt a little queezy (how do you spell that word?) and by the time I came home felt like I'd been hit by a train - I swear, my skin hurts, my head hurts, my muscles hurt, my stomach hurts and even my bones ache. :thumbsdown::shake::shake:

So....I am sorry for not posting comments on anyone else's threads today. I promise I will tomorrow.

So, given that I now feel like death warmed up, maybe today's is appropriate! I went to the local church at lunchtime - would have spent more time, but there were a lot of people arriving for a funeral and I just don't think it's right to be wondering around with my camera when that's happening (I will revisit another day).

365/Day 7 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Taken in colour and converted to B&W as I felt it brought out the textures more effectively. May take another look tomorrow and change a little.

Hope you havent got that dreaded Flu Bug that has been shooting around the UK :( Love walking around cemeteries and agree with the statement about taking shots while people are there - just doesnt feel right does it? :shake:

Anyway nice shot an agree that the conversion to B&W is better - great texture :) Great shot and get better soon :)

Love your last 2 Sam, especially yesterday's. The black and white really suits it.
Hope you are feeling better too.

Phil

Well for someone not feeling so good you've posted a cracking photo Sam, feel better tomorrow :hug2:

Thanks Matt :)

That's a cracker of a shot Sam... hope you feel better soon x

Thanks, T! :)

Know how ya feel....I was bad as a dog all night last night :(.....hope you feeling better soon. Don't worry about other posts, it's always difficult to keep up with sooooo many of us posting daily. Still a cracking shot though :)

Horrible, isn't it?
I don't like to post to mine and no-one elses thread, although, I agree - it' like having an enjoyable part time job keeping up with so many! :)

hope you feel better soon, nice shot considering

Thanks, Hayley :)

Nice find

Cheers :)

Hope you havent got that dreaded Flu Bug that has been shooting around the UK. Love walking around cemeteries and agree with the statement about taking shots while people are there - just doesnt feel right does it? :shake:

Anyway nice shot an agree that the conversion to B&W is better - great texture :) Great shot and get better soon :)

I'm not sure what it is, Carol, but thankfully it's not Norovirus - THAT I can do without! Thanks for comments on the photo. :)

I like it, and the b&W conversion suits it to my mind.

Thanks, Sarah, I had another look at it today and it does look better in the B&W! :)

Love your last 2 Sam, especially yesterday's. The black and white really suits it.
Hope you are feeling better too.

Phil

Thanks, Phil. I don't normally 'do' B&W very often but sometimes think it kind of adds to a photo. I am starting to feel a bit better, thanks! :)

Hope you feel better soon, I love yesterdays shot and the previous Jug & abstract.

Thanks, Sarah - I feel better than I did and am hoping to feel MUCH better by tomorrow! :) A day off work and lying around in my pyjamas has helped! Thanks for the comments. :)

Liking day 7, works really well in b&w. Waiting for no 8, you can't be that poorly.... ;)

Liking day 7, works really well in b&w. Waiting for no 8, you can't be that poorly.... ;)

Yeah, thanks, was hoping to get away with this one...obviously not a great day, but took a shot and then mangled it somewhat!!

325/8 B by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Wow really liking number 8. My first though was "look at those colours"; amazing! Then I thought how did you find all those padlocks together? Then I saw the "faded" bits and it messed with my head a bit. Then I laughed at the way it was messing with my head. So all in all, I like it very much.

Great shot and nice use of PP :) :clap:

Who are you hiding????:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cool use of pp... like it!

Wow really liking number 8. My first though was "look at those colours"; amazing! Then I thought how did you find all those padlocks together? Then I saw the "faded" bits and it messed with my head a bit. Then I laughed at the way it was messing with my head. So all in all, I like it very much.

:LOL::LOL: Glad you enjoyed it, Tim! :)

Really like that shot, certainly works for me great use of pp....nice one

Thank you, Simon! :)

Great shot and nice use of PP :clap:

Thanks, Carol! :)

As someone who is on their 6th San Miguel, WHAT????

LOL!

Who are you hiding????:LOL:

Cool use of pp... like it!

Thanks, T! I'm hiding some bloke who's drunk more than 5 San Miguels! ;):LOL:

Took me a while to work it out, but I like it :)

Thanks, Sarah! :)

Last edited:
So, first, today's vent - I suspect I have a throat and/or ear infection and it's bloomin' painful. So, I rang the surgery and they can 'fit me in' on Jan 17th. What the heck? :bang::bang:

Anyway, I have decided that whenever I have a day devoid of inspiration, I will photograph something that represents one of my many, many failed hobbies (believe me, that could fill weeks worth of 365s!!).

So, today - knitting. My teacher gave up on me in school as she said I knit 'backwards'. Never quite worked that one out, but was determined in later years to prove her wrong.............sadly, she wasn't!

365/9 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Last edited:
I too am a woman of many rejected hobbies ;)

Luckily photography seems to have stuck. I'm too much of a perfectionist for knitting, crochet and sewing. My house is full of half finished projects.

This is an excellently executed shot, but there appears to be a hair or something on the left hand side that is really annoying.

I too am a woman of many rejected hobbies ;)

Luckily photography seems to have stuck. I'm too much of a perfectionist for knitting, crochet and sewing. My house is full of half finished projects.

The worst thing is that I'd try something, think, hey this is great and then buy loads of bits and bobs, books etc which clutter up the house long after I've fallen out of love with my latest fad!

I still remember the time I knitted Mark a scarf :crying::shake::LOL:.

This is an excellently executed shot, but there appears to be a hair or something on the left hand side that is really annoying.

For crying out loud, Sarah, did you HAVE to go and notice that hair? :LOL::LOL::LOL: Looks like it belongs to the cat......will try and edit because you are right - it's very annoying! (thanks for telling me! :))

Oh the needles and wool I had ..... and then of course the patterns ..... then cross stitching things..... then scrapbooking things ( eventually went digital and now have a drive full of templates and stuff I ended up designing to try and make a bit of pin money to pay for the new stuff) .... and then.......... well the list goes on but as Sarah said photography seems to have stuck - just need to find somewhere for everything to do with that now :shrug:
Great shot and if it helps...... I can't see the hair but am now obsessed with finding it so please tell me you have edited it and it is gone or I will be here for hours :LOL:

The worst thing is that I'd try something, think, hey this is great and then buy loads of bits and bobs, books etc which clutter up the house long after I've fallen out of love with my latest fad!

I still remember the time I knitted Mark a scarf :crying::shake::LOL:.

For crying out loud, Sarah, did you HAVE to go and notice that hair? :LOL::LOL::LOL: Looks like it belongs to the cat......will try and edit because you are right - it's very annoying! (thanks for telling me! :))

Just like me then ;) - and sorry but once I'd seen it I couldn't "unsee" it - it annoyed :D

Laughed at the knitting story, liking your shot lots. Is the needle on a mirror?

I recognised that for what it was immediately. Brings back fond memories of my Nan knitting whilst I made pom-poms :)

I recognised that for what it was immediately. Brings back fond memories of my Nan knitting whilst I made pom-poms :)

OMG - pom poms made with the cardboard circles in the middle? I used to LOVE doing those!! Might make that my next failed hobby in the next few weeks and then have another 365 later in the year! :D

Thats cool... so simple yet so effective ... love it...

Oh and i used to love making pom poms lol!!

That's a great idea for shots - hobbies (failed or otherwise!). I like the use of the reflection in this - on a quick first glance I thought it was a pair of needles.

love the idea and the composition works well

Thank you, Tezz :)

Thats cool... so simple yet so effective ... love it...

Oh and i used to love making pom poms lol!!

Thanks, T - I have a sudden wild desire to get the wool from my failed knitting and start to make pom poms...of course there is the question of what the heck would I do with them? :D

Simple but effective. Very nice (y)

Thanks, Conor! :)

That's a great idea for shots - hobbies (failed or otherwise!). I like the use of the reflection in this - on a quick first glance I thought it was a pair of needles.

Thank you, Lynn - the secret to my use of the mirror was very simple...I could only find one flipping needle! :LOL:

I think that the last couple of day's have actually worked out really well for you (y) I love the lock (y) it's like you've created five locks that will merge together to make a single complete lock (y)

Thank, Matt, I appreciate your comments! :)

Sam i was just about to post that i plan on going and buying wool to make some this weekend!.... i shall use the excuse my little one will enjoy it.......... but shhhhhhhh really they are for me........

Maybe we'll end up with.......... POM POM SUNDAY!!

Firstly, I will catch up with looking at all of your great photos as soon as I can...just might not be tonight. Apologies.

Secondly, it's official....I actually am ill! Raging throat infection which has spread up to my ear....painful (very painful) but have antibiotics so hopefully back to normal very soon :crying:................

.......which means I have a poor, poor photo today. I know it's not well composed, soft, no real interest or focus....but, hey, it's a photo and means I haven't missed a day yet! :LOL:

365/10 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Sam i was just about to post that i plan on going and buying wool to make some this weekend!.... i shall use the excuse my little one will enjoy it.......... but shhhhhhhh really they are for me........

Maybe we'll end up with.......... POM POM SUNDAY!!

The problem is, I don't have a little one to blame for my sudden yearning to make pom poms.....I just have a cat and the last time one of my cats got hold of wool - well, let's just say you really don't want to know what happened! :LOL:

Back