Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

Oh, I really, really, really like the statue and the sunset best, it's beautiful

Good lord, work really does get in the way of doing this project!! :LOL::LOL:

Actually carried the camera about all day but between meetings, phone conferences and all the other lovely paperwork I didn't get a chance to go in search of snow shots.....I did up with this little fella - literally a quick snap I took this morning. not my gnome, nor my garden so not the best pose ever! Hey, at least it's got snow in it!

365/14 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

haha love the bit of snow on his nose :D

Todays made me smile Sam, very nice. Out of your shots from yesterday, I prefer the monument with the sunset behind. The deer is maybe a bit too far away.
Phil

haha love the bit of snow on his nose :D

Thanks, Carol, he really should have wiped that off! :)

Awww cute!!

Thanks, T :)

Todays made me smile Sam, very nice. Out of your shots from yesterday, I prefer the monument with the sunset behind. The deer is maybe a bit too far away.
Phil

Thanks, Phil - seems to be the mass opinion re yesterday's photo! :)

Ditto, funny how a different angle can make the everyday a lot less mundane

Thanks, Donnie:)

Cute and at least you got snow ;)

We did, but not for long! I had to scrape another load off the car when I left from one place to another and then most melted during the afternoon!

There's snow place like gnome!

I'll get my coat...

I have your coat for you, Tim! :LOL:

oh no he's been sent out into the cold to look for coals for the fire :eek: I like the idea of him hiding in the snow and bushes :D

Thanks, Matt! :)

Sam..may i ask, has the deer got a purple colour cast to it...or is it this screen .. and my eyes for that matter..?

.. and thats a cheeky little gnome (y)

Sam..may i ask, has the deer got a purple colour cast to it...or is it this screen .. and my eyes for that matter..?

.. and thats a cheeky little gnome (y)

I'm not sure, though I do know my monitor needs calibrating, but I took a look on Marks and it seems OK. I'll check again tomorrow.

Yeah, that Gnome was a bit cheeky, but saved my day in the end! :D

There is one thing in common with most small towns - if thinking about how to get a photo, there is always a church and I suspect a couple might get used fairly often this year! :D

I may revisit the chirch itself very soon because there are a lot of trees which will be problematic when the leaves come out, but today it just didn't want to play...........so the door it is.

365/15 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Arent old doors great Sam. Nice detail there. Thats another idea for myself filed away!

Gorgeous shot Sam... love anything like this ... wonderful detail :clap:

There is a lot of mileage in churches, both inside and out ;)

I like this very much

I cannot help but always want to know what is behind the door, I think that is the mystery of a photo like this :LOL: very nicely done (y)

You know what, Matt, I have no idea what's behind that door (other than the inside of a church!) as I have never visited it before and didn't go in....the mystery remains! :D

Well, it's a great shot of a door, I'll give you that! :)

Thanks, Conor! :)

There is a lot of mileage in churches, both inside and out ;)

I like this very much

Thanks, Sarah - churches really are wonderful buildings for phtography. I'm not great with indoor photography (some would argue I'm not great with outdoor either :LOL::LOL:) so going into buildings like this for some practice is something I intend to do this year. :)

Sam that is lovely... gorgeous texture!

Thanks, T! :)

So, I wasn't planning on a 'failed hobby' shot for today, but another trip to the doctor and then home kind of put my other plans to one side.

I used to love jigsaws as a kid and decided I really had to do loads of them a couple of years ago. I didn't get very far!! :LOL::LOL:

365/16 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

I do like a good door shot and that is a cracking one. As for the jigsaw, that would drive you mad!

Thanks! :) That one was only a 250 piece so actually easy....I have unwrapped boxes of 1000 piece ones which was why I just gave up! :D

ooo, I quite like a jigsaw that is nice, bright and colouful.

Thanks, Sarah, not a great one, I admit, but it was colouful which I also liked! :)

I haven't done a jigsaw since I was 11 and had my appendix out, I all of a sudden have an urge. Great shot

Thanks, Jake! :)

Oh, I always enjoyed jigsaws, I still quickly build the niece's and nephew's jigsaws if they are sitting about!
Nice shot Sam

Loving the jigsaw so bright and vibrant!.. not sure i have the patience tho lol (y)

Oh, I always enjoyed jigsaws, I still quickly build the niece's and nephew's jigsaws if they are sitting about!
Nice shot Sam

Thanks, Phil - I have actually done a few online jigsaws and find them far less space consuming....I also quite enjoy them! :)

Loving the jigsaw so bright and vibrant!.. not sure i have the patience tho lol (y)

Thank you, T - I have patience enough for a 250-750 piece puzzle...anything above that rarely gets completed very fast! :D

That looks liek a very complicated jigsaw.. can I see some twiglets in there?

Indeed you can! (y) because of the number of brands and colours, this is actually a fairly easy puzzle to complete - the really hard ones are the ones titled.... Antarctica With A Very White Sky etc!! :LOL::LOL:

beautiful Sam :D Great DOF as well .... like the petals trailing to the front :)

I agree. The petals trailing to the front are a nice touch. Gives a good depth to the shot.

Back