Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

The problem is, I don't have a little one to blame for my sudden yearning to make pom poms.....I just have a cat and the last time one of my cats got hold of wool - well, let's just say you really don't want to know what happened! :LOL:

Haha i can imagine... i remember what my cat used to get up too........ a nightmare lol

I'm surprised you even managed to get a shot in to be honest... when your ill its an effort to do anything....... so well done for not missing a day(y)

.......which means I have a poor, poor photo today. I know it's not well composed, soft, no real interest or focus....but, hey, it's a photo and means I haven't missed a day yet! :LOL:

I think I am going to be having this attitude at some stage, any photo is still a photo! Well done on making the effort and hope you are feeling better soon.

Phil

Some interesting and varied shots so far. I think the first one is excellent and the other one that really stands out for me is today's shot. Not a wash out at all!

Cheers

Oh no, I really like todays photo. Raindrops, dew and frost on spiders webs are so pretty

I'm surprised you even managed to get a shot in to be honest... when your ill its an effort to do anything....... so well done for not missing a day(y)

Cheers, T! :)

.......which means I have a poor, poor photo today. I know it's not well composed, soft, no real interest or focus....but, hey, it's a photo and means I haven't missed a day yet! :LOL:

I think I am going to be having this attitude at some stage, any photo is still a photo! Well done on making the effort and hope you are feeling better soon.

Phil

Thanks, Phil and, guess what, you may get to have that attitude twice in a row like I have today! :LOL:

Some interesting and varied shots so far. I think the first one is excellent and the other one that really stands out for me is today's shot. Not a wash out at all!

Cheers

Thank you, Bob, I appreciate that :)

Oh no, I really like todays photo. Raindrops, dew and frost on spiders webs are so pretty

Thank you, Sarah - next time I try a spiders web (first time), I'll not be so lazy and drag the tripod out so as to get some actual focus! :LOL:

Oh very effective (y) I love the colour graduation the background too (y)

Thanks, Matt! :)

OK, so another bad day for me....thought I'd continue the 'failed hobbies' theme with an easy shot which would turn out to be an amazing piece of work which would dazzle in its simplicity!!! Who was I trying to kid? Yup, should have been quick and easy. No, it didn't turn out well. At all! Still, as I said yesterday, at least it's a photo and I am starting to feel more myself again so determined to get out tomorrow and have a good day! :)

Anyway, the failed hobby....remember the Knitting Nancy? I got all nostalgic over these things a few years ago and bought one from the kids toy department in somewhere like John Lewis. Got to be quite proficient fairly quickly (hey, it's for kids!) BUT then got to wondering - what the hell am I mean to do with all these long 'ropes' of wool? Creative wall = goodbye Nancy!! :D:LOL:

365/11 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Well I for one love it!....... It's bright, cheery and i love the texture of what it's sitting on...... Gorgeous focus too!.....:-D

Keep with failed hobbies I'm liking them.

I have never heard of a knitting Nancy, I'm glad to say!
Nice bright fun shot and as mentioned, nice background, that could be useful for other shots too.

Well I for one love it!....... It's bright, cheery and i love the texture of what it's sitting on...... Gorgeous focus too!.....:-D

Keep with failed hobbies I'm liking them.

Thanks, T! I can keep on going with failed hobbies - they are legion! :LOL:

I have never heard of a knitting Nancy, I'm glad to say!
Nice bright fun shot and as mentioned, nice background, that could be useful for other shots too.

Thanks, Phil! I am not surprised you haven't heard of this hi-tech toy! :D

The BG is my iPad case!!!

Oooh, my Knitting Nancy was red and wooden - before that it was a wooden cotton reel with 4 nails :LOL:

I love the yellow and blue.

Oooh, my Knitting Nancy was red and wooden - before that it was a wooden cotton reel with 4 nails :LOL:

I love the yellow and blue.

I remember those!! Don't forget, this was the one I bought as a 'grown up'! :D In fact, the ones on cotton wheels were easier to use!

We all have bad days, but your knitting Nancy must have brighten it up !! Nice shot Sam

Thanks, Vince :)

OMG Not seen one for ages and like you say ended up with a cotton reel with 4 nails in it - did the job just as well...... I made tea pot stands out of mine and you could make hats as well if you were really clever :LOL: Great shot :)

OMG Not seen one for ages and like you say ended up with a cotton reel with 4 nails in it - did the job just as well...... I made tea pot stands out of mine and you could make hats as well if you were really clever :LOL: Great shot :)

I was never that clever, Carol! And certainly can't imagine actually wearing a hat made of the stuff I produced! In fact, not sure I would with anyones! :D

I really have no idea what it is? but it looks interesting, at first I though that it was a skipping rope handle :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh, Matt, that's because you are a boy! Google it, fascinating stuff :)naughty:), and you could make some and burn it for one of your night shots! :LOL:

So, now that I feel better, OH has been struck down - typical!! His birthday so I didn't have the camera with me for a lot of the day. However, I managed to take it to the Co-op of all places!

365/12 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

I said I was going to get him a lovely meal for his birthday treat..in reality, it was for my latest obsession (yup, in January, the month of dieting and fitness, I fixate on this stuff! :LOL::LOL:)

I'd rather have a bowl of... by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Hi Sam. Ido like your first one and it's another reminder that even the most mundane things make great shots.

Hi Sam. Ido like your first one and it's another reminder that even the most mundane things make great shots.

Thanks, Phil, and I can't think of much more mundane than that! It's not often I see so many trollies all at once at the Co-op, though! :D

The title is ace!:LOL::LOL::LOL: they do look cool tho don' they so for looks its a (y) from me but ......

coco pops gets a...:love::love::love::love: yummmy!!!!

Hi Sam, good to hear you feeling better but tut tut for passing it on to your OH ;). Love the idea of failed hobbies, hahaha I'd have a raft of shots if I did a theme like that. Love the dof too on the row of trollies, amazing how something so ordinary can make a good pic (y)

Shopping trolleys are fab - not used to seeing them from that angle. Isn't it great how photography lets us/inspires to see things from a new angle?

The title is ace!:LOL::LOL: they do look cool tho don' they so for looks its a (y) from me but ......

coco pops gets a...:love::love::love: yummmy!!!!

Thanks, T! :)

Hi Sam, good to hear you feeling better but tut tut for passing it on to your OH ;). Love the idea of failed hobbies, hahaha I'd have a raft of shots if I did a theme like that. Love the dof too on the row of trollies, amazing how something so ordinary can make a good pic (y)

I know, Simon, I am awful, and it was his birthday as well! :eek: Thanks for your comments and I do have many more failed hobbies I can fall back on over the year! :)

Oh that's a good idea. I like it!

Thanks, Tim! :)

I think that challenges like this remind us that there is a photo in everything you just have to find it :D and I'm afraid to google it I find naughty things on the internet :LOL:

I agree, Matt, and also it's amazing how lack of time and pressure can force you to look around to find something! :D You know you only find as naughty as you look for ;)

Shopping trolleys are fab - not used to seeing them from that angle. Isn't it great how photography lets us/inspires to see things from a new angle?

Absolutely! I do find that I am looking at things in different ways especially now that I am doing a photo every day rather than just some days! :)

The trollies idea is inspired - there is beauty in everything - it's just finding it.

I'd rather have those than rabbit food too :D

The trollies idea is inspired - there is beauty in everything - it's just finding it.

I'd rather have those than rabbit food too :D

Love the shopping trollies shot !!!

Thank you both! I am starting to look more and more at the 'normal' and seeing if I can do anything with it - whether that works out all the time, I don't know, but we'll see! :)

Went to Wollaton Park, which is just round the corner from where I live (left sickboy at home so had a good hour or so all to myself!).

Kind of surprised that I didn't see any deer, but managed to get a shot just as I was about to go back to the car and come home.....

Stag at Wollaton Park (365/13) by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry about the additions (again) but it was so nice to be OUT!!! Someone had put seeds out on one of the stone pillars and I managed to see this Great Tit (correct me if I am wrong) - just couldn't get him as sharp as I wanted.

Great Tit by ~sammi~, on Flickr

And my final was the statue in the grounds of the hall - it's the sky I like in this one!

Statue at Wollaton Hall by ~sammi~, on Flickr

P.S. Just in case - who can give me some tips for photographing snow?? :)

love these three images - great one of the stag :)

Great shots Sam and i bet you were happy to be out properly!!

That sunset is gorgeous!!...

PS if you get snow tips please shout loud so i can hear too please:D:D

Great shots Sam and i bet you were happy to be out properly!!

That sunset is gorgeous!!...

PS if you get snow tips please shout loud so i can hear too please:D:D

Look like I chose the wrong one for the 365! :D

I will be shouting, believe me, I have no idea about snow shots especially if he sun's out....blown shot, here we come!! :bonk::LOL:

I was SO happy to get out - looked like a bit of a fool in my anorak, MASSIVE hat with earflaps, no makeup etc...and on Sundays, all the young and beautiful come out for their romantic walks around the lake. Oh well!!

Last edited:
Look like I chose the wrong one for the 365! :D

I will be shouting, believe me, I have no idea about snow shots especially if he sun's out....blown shot, here we come!! :bonk::LOL:

I was SO happy to get out - looked like a bit of a fool in my anorak, MASSIVE hat with earflaps, no makeup etc...and on Sundays, all the young and beautiful come out for their romantic walks around the lake. Oh well!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: sounds like me on a regular basis lol!!!....

Back