weekly *Sarah* 2012 52 week challenge. Yippee I made it!!

Different take on the theme fear, keep up the good work.

Thank you!!

Very nice photograph(s) Sarah, I like the movement and selective use of camera speed. The deep blue sky makes it a very pleasing image in Week 1.

Week 2 - The darkroom. Absolutely terrifying !, waiting to find out if you captured that all important image. No LCD screen to check your results! Are your exposures ok?, is your chemistry and temperatures in check. Negatives not damaged or scratched. ! - The good old days when so much could go wrong! - They weren't all that great really when I look back.....

Looking forward to seeing your work unfold over the next few weeks and months.

Nick

I used to love being in the darkroom, there is something special seeing that first black and white print developin front of you!!:) I remember scratching negatives and also getting dust on them!!:eek:

I like your take on "Fear" Sarah, well done (y)

Thank you!

Interesting take of Fear , lovely shot and great lighting , i like it well done.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'm glad you like the lighting - I used a torch and it took more than a few shots to get it right!!

Agree - an interesting take on the Fear theme. The darkroom is certainly something that scares my GCSE students, especially processing a film.

Thanks, it can be scary but great fun!!

Excellent take on the fear theme. Can't fault the shot, excellently lit too :)

Thank you, I've not really done a lot of still lifes before especially using a torch so I appreciate your comments!!

Like week 2 a lot very deep

Thanks Liz, i have tried to think differently for these shots!!

Great thinking behind the theme. I like the execution as well the darkness helps bring an added sense of fear as well.

Thanks Peter, as you know it took quite a few attempts to get this one!!

Hi trying so visit everyones 52's. I really like your photos for DIRECTION the second one being a real corker. Good out of the box thinking for FEAR and a well taken shot.

Thank you, I'm glad you like my attempts so far!!:)

Love your second direction photo.

Also like your idea for fear.

Thank you Lisa, I'm glad you like them!:)

"Fear is a darkroom where negatives develop" - Usman B. Asif

Oo-er, very thought-provoking :D

It is a bit deep!! Especially from me!:LOL::LOL:

Great start to your 52

#1 - I really like this one, fits the theme just right with just enough blur

#2 - super creative, again fits the theme and is very eye catching.

#3 - nothing worse than putting a film to be developed and getting some rubish photos back! Very good photo thats fits perfectly

wardie

Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying them!!:)

Yes, very thought provoking, it certainly took me until the second read through to understand it! Excellent lighting too.

Thank you, it's good to get people thinking!! I wasn't sure how people would react to it as the photo def needs the saying to go with it. its good to have such good comments!

another take on fear, what a crisp clear picture and just the right amount of lighting.

Darren

Thanks Darren, I'm glad you like the lighting it did take me a while to get it as I wanted!

So that's what film looks like....:D

Nice use of light and a good shadow from the Unitank...

Cheers and these themes are falling fast (y)

Thanks Andy, I have plenty of old film here if you want to get to know it better!!:LOL::LOL:

Great second entry, having only been into photography a short time I have no experience with darkrooms and developing, but I can definatley see where you are coming from. (y)

Thanks, I started off with darkrooms and developing, it made you slow down and try to get the right shot in camera - up until recently I had got a bit snap happy and lazy using digital but am now trying to slow down and think more before taking!!

Direction:
Good image. The blur works well and nice vibrant colours are always good to look at.

Fear:
NIce play on words there. Well taken picture too.

Last edited:
I too have never used a darkroom but can appreciate that it must be with some trepidation that people develop their own films and hope that it all turns out well. Yours is a good take on the theme and certainly works in that respect. I do like the lighting and sharpness of your photograph Sarah, well taken (y)
You've also got my curiosity on your other idea for a dark night, I will look out for your post :) Iain

Good start to the chellenge. #1 is really cracking (y) I must get out and take some more of people and get over that fear! The droplets one is good too, a technique I want to master at some stage.

The darkroom fear. Like the quote that goes along with it and a nice clear picture. Look forward to seeing the next one.

Very clever use of the quote to link in photography/fear.

I might just write that out and shoot it for my fear shot!

(really like the droplets as well, I'll be trying that at some point.)

I too have never used a darkroom but can appreciate that it must be with some trepidation that people develop their own films and hope that it all turns out well. Yours is a good take on the theme and certainly works in that respect. I do like the lighting and sharpness of your photograph Sarah, well taken (y)
You've also got my curiosity on your other idea for a dark night, I will look out for your post :) Iain

Thanks Iain, I'm afraid my other idea will have to wait for a while as i have spent too many nights sat on here and not taking pics!!:LOL::LOL:

Good start to the chellenge. #1 is really cracking (y) I must get out and take some more of people and get over that fear! The droplets one is good too, a technique I want to master at some stage.

The darkroom fear. Like the quote that goes along with it and a nice clear picture. Look forward to seeing the next one.

Thanks Jon, def have a go at the droplet one but it does need patience!! I know what you mean about the fear of taking people shots it not my idea of fun, though I loved going to Haworth for the 40's weekend and took tons there!!

Very clever use of the quote to link in photography/fear.

I might just write that out and shoot it for my fear shot!

(really like the droplets as well, I'll be trying that at some point.)

Thank you for your comments, i def recommend trying the droplet shots there is plentyof scope to expand that one further!!

Direction : I think this works pretty well... and like the motion blur on the people... I just feel it could do with a crop to lose the right hand side of the image... The second one, I feel, doesn't show direction so much, as multiple directions... but I do like it, and the colours are great

Fear : A personal fear, and I can understand that, but without the description, I wouldn't have known... still, it's a good image. I like the fact you have a developed strip of neg's in the reel, with a bit of a film reel in their too, it shows the transition.

Direction : I think this works pretty well... and like the motion blur on the people... I just feel it could do with a crop to lose the right hand side of the image... The second one, I feel, doesn't show direction so much, as multiple directions... but I do like it, and the colours are great

Fear : A personal fear, and I can understand that, but without the description, I wouldn't have known... still, it's a good image. I like the fact you have a developed strip of neg's in the reel, with a bit of a film reel in their too, it shows the transition.

Thank you John for your comments!!:)

After several failures this week I have decided to put this one up.

" the sigh of relief when your alarm goes off and you then remember its SATURDAY!!!!:):):)"

Sigh by kitegirl66, on Flickr

Now I've posted mine I'll look at all of yours and start to comment on them!!

I hope your the last that I have missed right from the start :bang:

Some great shots so far, I like your thoughts on the themes...

Direction - Great idea, Lovely motion, On theme... Great shot !!!
- Other shot... fantastic, love the colours in it, edited shot is spot on..

Fear - A great Photo, I like the composition and the lighting of the shot

Sigh - Really like that, the movement is caught perfectly as too is the theme Nice One !!

Look forward to seeing the rest of your 52, I see some great shots coming (y)

Really like the framing on this one, and the motion blur is very well done. A really good job for a difficult theme (y)

Yip, another cracking take on the theme and one I know well...especially after a long night viewing and commenting on TP 52s :puke:

You've managed to capture the movement well and a nice, clean black background as well (y)

I wonder what a left and right side crop would look like :thinking:

Cheers.

I hope your the last that I have missed right from the start :bang:

Some great shots so far, I like your thoughts on the themes...

Direction - Great idea, Lovely motion, On theme... Great shot !!!
- Other shot... fantastic, love the colours in it, edited shot is spot on..

Fear - A great Photo, I like the composition and the lighting of the shot

Sigh - Really like that, the movement is caught perfectly as too is the theme Nice One !!

Look forward to seeing the rest of your 52, I see some great shots coming (y)

Thank you, it's a nightmare trying to keep up with all the posts and this week I've tried not to look at any until I'd taken my own!

No pressure then!!:LOL::LOL:

Yip, another cracking take on the theme and one I know well...especially after a long night viewing and commenting on TP 52s :puke:

You've managed to capture the movement well and a nice, clean black background as well (y)

I wonder what a left and right side crop would look like :thinking:

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, I'll try a closer crop tomorrow night do you think a crop upto the bells or to cut them up a little?

I know what you mean about long nights commenting on everybodies, I think I might be up all night tomorrow catching up!!:LOL::LOL:

Nice take on the theme, theres a sigh in this house every morning when the alarm goes off!

Like the crop and nicely composed and taken

Lovely take on the sigh theme, certainly makes me sigh at five in the morning.

Really like the way you captured the motion and lighting, good work :)

Back