Show us yer film shots then!

Went to Cornwall and visited the 'Eden Project' we saw the black sky to the North and thought " Some-one is getting some RAIN" then we had a message from a fellow member of Brentwood Photographic Club we were due to meet in BOSCASTLE -- she had nearly been killed in the FLOODS -- she managed to get out of window of her car with Daughter and car and Nikon gear all washed away into the salt water of Boscastle Harbour -- we saw her car on TV news in the flood ! Luckily I was staying in Golant Youth Hostel with Wife and Kids in the DRY!
I used my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM+ 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* + outdated Fuji RDP film.
( this was some YEARS ago now)
Eden Project by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

x1NCgq2.jpg

Konica Hexar AF
Portra 400, DeVere 504 + Rodenstock lens
Scan of a C-Type print

Some More Reds!!!!
Summilux 35mm Asph
Fuji Superia 800 Film
Frontier 500 Scans at Home!!
Digibase c41 Developed DIY
View attachment 76242 View attachment 76243

They are very good indeed,but,can you tell me why in good daylight with the kit used you would select 800Asa film.

I only ask because I have never been into this area of photography and would like to understand/learn.

Thanks.

Another tranny found in my files and never scanned to show -- the annual ;Sweeps Festival' in Rochester, Kent ( England) I used my 2002 Hasselblad + 80mm f2,8 CFE Planar T* + A16 back + 2002 dated Fuji RMS film that i had been given ( LOADS ! ) I used a small flash fill-in from a Cobra unit.
Singing Sweeps by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

They are very good indeed,but,can you tell me why in good daylight with the kit used you would select 800Asa film.

I only ask because I have never been into this area of photography and would like to understand/learn.

Thanks.

Richard,
Due to wide latitude of film, i always carry Superia 800 in my bag and these were overexposed by 2 Stops Meaning Metered at 100 ISO. I have access to loads of film and i always experiment and test films :)

Nice reds, tell us more about your scanner?

I am using Fuji Frontier SP-500 Minilab Scanner. Its a small but heavy standalone scanner made by Fuji. it can scan up to 5400x3600
I also use Kodak Pakon which is good for small scans.

Reactions: Jao
Kodak Traffic Color Film ISO 400 Rated @ 50
Nokton 50mm F/1.5
Random From Alton towers!
Fuji Frontier 500 Scan!tree.jpg

Proper lovely, Kevin. I've been staring intently at bramble bushes these last weeks trying to see a shot that works. Great result!

What he said..

You posted a pic of a plant, I thought ^^Красный Октябрь^^ was a russian nuclear submarine?!!:D

Nice detail and colours Adrian, but a sub would have been much more interesting ( to me anyway;))

Reactions: Jao
I came home to a roll of Velvia 100 I shot as a test (all I had to hand!) in the Fed 1G and sent to AG last week. I've got no idea about how the film has been stored or its' expiry as it came in a bulk film purchase, so the results are a bit noisy and have a bit of a magenta cast but at least it proves the shutter on the Fed works! I've only got a 120 holder for the V500 I'm using so these were clipped into that so again, not the ideal conditions!

Fuji Velvia 100 - Fed1G by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

(The light leaks were caused by me opening the shutter with the lens removed when I thought the film had snapped. Turns out it hadn't..)

I'll scan these again when I've got hold of a 135 holder because the actual slides are much sharper than these scans.

Had a bit of a backlog of film to develop, which I finally got round to last night. This is one from Swanage a couple of weeks ago. Took two photos of this groyne as I forgot to put the filter on for the first one and overexposed it by about 9 stops :LOL: Had to crop this quite significantly as I had some funny marks over the rest of the image.

Nagaoka 4x5 --- 150mm --- Expired Delta 100 --- HC-110 (B) --- Bit of front tilt --- Three minutes at f/16.

Swanage Groyne
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Had a bit of a backlog of film to develop, which I finally got round to last night. This is one from Swanage a couple of weeks ago. Took two photos of this groyne as I forgot to put the filter on for the first one and overexposed it by about 9 stops :LOL: Had to crop this quite significantly as I had some funny marks over the rest of the image.

Nagaoka 4x5 --- 150mm --- Expired Delta 100 --- HC-110 (B) --- Bit of front tilt --- Three minutes at f/16.

Swanage Groyne
by Carl Hall, on Flickr
Very lovely image, great high key tones

For our 'Overseas' Members - a bit of 'Typical England' -- the Blackmore Village Post Office with a RED Post Office Van and the Postman going in , a RED Post Box and a RED Telephone box ! Taken some years ago when I was out with an Old Member of Brentwood Photographic Club giving him some 1-1 tuition to get him some material to enter -- he is now 84 and still struggling with his expensive 'All-Singing-All-Dancing' Digital NIKON D200-- he has a film loaded in his FILM FE still from years ago - never finished !
2002 Hasselblad 501CM + 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T*, outdated Fuji RDP II and A16 back.

Blackmore Post Office.jpg

Back