Five ducks, five boats, Morpeth

1716_008.jpg

Canon P, 35mm f2.8, Ilford HP5 @ ISO 1600
Approach to St James the Great, Morpeth

1716_032_JPEG5.jpg

Canon P, 35mm f2.8, Ilford HP5 @ ISO 1600
Clock Tower, Morpeth

1716_017_JPEG5.jpg

You might wonder why I uprated the film. That's because I wanted to take some pictures at a wedding the next day. So, the wedding venue was a rural village hall, drinks in a marquee, with everyone hanging outside until it showered, then back to the marquee, then, finally to the hall, as the light faded. I shot the Morpeth town pictures, for fun of course, but also to check the exposure settings if the weather outdoors, the next day, might be bright, it was,

Unfortunately I can't bring you any of the wedding photographs, because, as the drinks were free I didn't take many worthwhile shots! Ah well, maybe next time, as long as I'm not the wedding photographer, she worked really hard over many hours.

Can someone remind me what make / model this car is please? It's similar in shape to an Austin 1100, but I can't remeber what it is (maybe I should have paid more attention when I was photographing it! :D).

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80 f/3.5-5.6 AF-D
Fujichrome Velvia 100 (expired 2011)

Vintage runabouts by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
Although it won't help with this photo, if you can see the registration number of a car in a photo you can get some details from the DVLA, if it's still "on the road" - see https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/vehicle_enquiry/capture_vrn?locale=en

With older cars it might not give you the full model details, but it will give the maker and year of first registration.

Although it won't help with this photo, if you can see the registration number of a car in a photo you can get some details from the DVLA, if it's still "on the road" - see https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/vehicle_enquiry/capture_vrn?locale=en

With older cars it might not give you the full model details, but it will give the maker and year of first registration.

Thanks Kevin. I've used that before (in fact, I used it only yesterday when someone on another forum asked about another car identification), but I couldn't find anything for the registration on this one (or the registration as I could make it out at least, which looks like GRU 587C).

A few possibles taken for last month's FPOTY. All Ilford Delta 100 in replenished Xtol and Nikon F80 with Tamron 28-75 except boat one from Oly mju11.

#1 Dunnet Bay beach access

2022-06-09-0016-copy.jpg-tp.jpg

#2 Isabella Fortuna @ Portsoy Boat Festival

2022-06-22-0071-copy-tp1.jpg

#3 Duff House stairways

2022-06-22-0009-copy-tp1.jpg

#4 Gardenstown to Crovie coastal path

2022-06-22-0048-copy-tp.jpg

A few possibles taken for last month's FPOTY. All Ilford Delta 100 in replenished Xtol and Nikon F80 with Tamron 28-75 except boat one from Oly mju11.

#1 Dunnet Bay beach access

View attachment 360571

#2 Isabella Fortuna @ Portsoy Boat Festival

View attachment 360574

#3 Duff House stairways

View attachment 360575

#4 Gardenstown to Crovie coastal path

View attachment 360576
I like the take on the staircases Peter.
Reminds me of the front of the courthouse building in Monaco.

Dont ask how I recall the place so vividly !! :police::runaway::LOL::LOL:

Édit: An internet sourced image to show the similarity

Attachments

• 95E4E343-7510-4367-88D9-5901AA1EA7BC.jpeg
    95E4E343-7510-4367-88D9-5901AA1EA7BC.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
dis THE BRISE ever TURN UP ? I was booked to do a wedding in Rayleigh Essex once years ago -- got to Bride's House to take the bedroom shots etc then knock at door so I opened to help -- the VICAR stood there " Is the Bride about? " he asked , then Bride appeared with Bridesmaids -- " Bad News" said Vicar "He is not going to turn up -- not going through with it " OH DEAR !!! Bride burst into tears and all her Mascara ran down her face -- then Bridesmaids started crying -- i 'made My Excuses ' and left ----- all I got was £ 25 deposit and I had REFUSED a big wedding for Daughter of a local Millionaire Businessman I knew in Brentwood ---
I did a VIDEO all about Distastrous weddings -- you can see it here ---
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiEKIVqUWs0

Last edited:
A couple from Dartmoor this week Bronica SQ_Ai Provia 100F.

View attachment 360891

View attachment 360892

You can see more pictures in my Blog. https://www.ephotozine.com///user/topsyrm-149719/blog
Out of all the places I backpacked through in the uk , Dartmouth was never one of them.

I get the impression from your images that it’s somewhat bleak.
A bit of a piglet in foul weather I suspect both from a navigational aspect ( lack of noticeable landmarks barring the odd outcrop of rocks) and the difficulty to seek natural windbreaks.

Tbh you do well to see scenes to photograph as I reckon that I would really struggle.

Out of all the places I backpacked through in the uk , Dartmouth was never one of them.

I get the impression from your images that it’s somewhat bleak.
A bit of a piglet in foul weather I suspect both from a navigational aspect ( lack of noticeable landmarks barring the odd outcrop of rocks) and the difficulty to seek natural windbreaks.

Tbh you do well to see scenes to photograph as I reckon that I would really struggle.
Thanks Asha, you are right it can be very bleak out there and finding interesting shots can be a challenge. I generally scout with digital kit before lugging my Bronica out there (it weighs about 50lbs). I tend not to take the Bronica out in foul weather I have weather resistand Fuji (digital) kit for those days.

I like that, apart from the verticals!

I’m presuming that it wasn’t taken on LF?
No it was on the rb, its right at the top of the Royal Mile and there is not enough room to get very far back. The tripod was as low as it would go and the camera tilted right up. Need to try it again with the lf kit after the tourists go home.... And this was meant to be on the other thread. Doh :)

Can someone remind me what make / model this car is please? It's similar in shape to an Austin 1100, but I can't remeber what it is (maybe I should have paid more attention when I was photographing it! :D).

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80 f/3.5-5.6 AF-D
Fujichrome Velvia 100 (expired 2011)

Vintage runabouts by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
No expert here, but could be a Wolseley? Also the one behind? I used to have an MG 1300 from 1970 which was very similar. The grill looks the same to me but I think it had the MG badge at the top of it if I remember rightly. There were just subtle differences -mine was more pokey than it looked.
ah! I see someone else mentions a Riley. Perhaps I’m wrong.
edit: this has completely taken me down memory lane, so I had to google. I think it’s an Austin Princess - the P on the hub caps fit too, and the grill doesn’t look like a Wolseley.

Last edited:
Blea Tarn from a trip earlier on this year. Seems an age ago now, but was absolutely one of the best trips to the Lakes :)

Serene by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr

Ebony SV45TE
90mm
Kodak Ektachrome E100
Good work Mr Woods, that Ektachrome really sings.

G8umpw.jpg

DfAmJS.jpg

FFVvXO.jpg

Around the farm, from a roll of Acros 2 in ID11 that I ran through an Olympus OM2n/Ziuko 50mm f1.8 bought at auction last week. All working fine. The little camera is an absolute joy to use. The objective was to cannibalise it to supply a replacement shutter for my daughters otherwise mint OM2n, but I think it might be too good to break.

Back