weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2014 Week 52 - Support added and FINISHED

Hi, Alan, Nonsense, like it and the text really is nonsense but soooo Spike Milligan :)

Extravagant, good composition and nice detail. I'm quite obsessive about my clean BG and this is the only crit I have on yours, in that the lighting it a little uneven.

That said, nniiccceee cameras :)

Cheers.

Hi Alan

Nonsense........gotta love Spike Milligan :LOL:..interesting image & you learnt something...gotta be good :)

Extravagant........that's some collection of camera's there mister...I quite like the almost spotlight effect in the bg , good detail with no ultra shiny bits....(y) Just the blacks for me seem a little too black......not sure how much detail there is in the black bits though ?

Sorry to hear you're not joining in the fun & games again next year but don't be a stranger....hope to see some of your images in other sections of the site :clap:

Nonsense - I used to love Spike Milligan as a youngster and even used to walk around with a brown parcel label attached to me as per one of the Q series :exit:. Anyway my crib on this one would be to change the colour of the text as in places it does;t stand out from the background enough

Extravagant - Super shot. What a great idea for the theme. Nicely lit as well plus the use of the bottom third adds some class to the image.

Hi Alan, hope all is well....

I have seen a support pic on your flickr, but hasn't yet appeared here in your thread.

You can't leave it on 51. :)

I like the spike Milligan quote with the falling rain, nicely nonsensical, just the color of the text for me but with the black and the white behind it it is going to be very difficult to make it stand out. Maybe a solid colour rectangle at a lower opacity over the rain, but below the text might work?? Bring text into images is harder than it at first seems though.

Extravagant, 5 cameras plus the one you're taking the shot with :) is there a flash bouncing off the wall behind to give the brighter centre of the bg? Adds a nice bit of interest.

Arranging them in size order works well.

One more to go. :)

Thanks Graham. need to think of text when taking shot I think.

Hiya Alan

As others have said, a super idea for extravagent! Perfectly on theme and a very nice composition of all of those fantastic cameras :)

Lighting wise, I might prefer to see a touch more light generally: not just exposure, but perhaps more diffuse light getting into those difficult to reach areas on the black bodies, especially. I actually wonder if the main light coming slightly more from camera left might help, as it would bring the fronts of each camera out of shadow. I'm guessing you've set a flash behind the subjects to bounce light up and back towards the camera (as well as light the background?) which works but might also benefit from some fill if that's where you want to position the key?

Whatever the comments above say, it's still a great idea for the theme which you've executed well. Some lovely cameras on display too which always helps!

Thanks Paul. Good ideas for the lighting. It was a bit basic - shot on a table top on the bed with a desk light on the floor behind pointing at wall and a desk light to right/forward. it does lead to the back cameras being less well lit , compounded by the fact that the last camera is black :)

Hi, Alan, Nonsense, like it and the text really is nonsense but soooo Spike Milligan :)

Extravagant, good composition and nice detail. I'm quite obsessive about my clean BG and this is the only crit I have on yours, in that the lighting it a little uneven.

That said, nniiccceee cameras :)

Cheers.

thanks Andy - agree re b/g - a bit sloppy on my part.

Hi Alan

Nonsense........gotta love Spike Milligan :LOL:..interesting image & you learnt something...gotta be good :)

Extravagant........that's some collection of camera's there mister...I quite like the almost spotlight effect in the bg , good detail with no ultra shiny bits....(y) Just the blacks for me seem a little too black......not sure how much detail there is in the black bits though ?

Sorry to hear you're not joining in the fun & games again next year but don't be a stranger....hope to see some of your images in other sections of the site :clap:

Thanks Lynne. Blacks are a bit dark even tho I did lighten them in PP. Already been spying on the 52 2015:D

Hi Alan ...I love the Spike Milligan quote for nonsense...a great idea.

All those cameras do look extravagant ... I really like the composition and lighting. Sorry to hear you're not in for next year :(
Thanks Susie. After 3 years I thought that I would take a rest from the weekly grind - but judging by the entrants to date, there is going to be some good stuff on there

Nonsense - I used to love Spike Milligan as a youngster and even used to walk around with a brown parcel label attached to me as per one of the Q series :exit:. Anyway my crib on this one would be to change the colour of the text as in places it does;t stand out from the background enough

Extravagant - Super shot. What a great idea for the theme. Nicely lit as well plus the use of the bottom third adds some class to the image.

Thanks Peter - Spike always had the knack of cracking me up or leaving me perplexed. :) Tried lots of text but none of it seemed better than any other - down to the original photo I feel.

Hi Alan, had to pop in to say well done for finishing, not that I ever doubted you would love the reflection of the pier, a nice end to your 52 :clap:

will maybe see you around the forum from time to time, always a pleasure (y)

Thanks for the nudge Graham.

Posted below.

Hope that you had a good Christmas and New Year with your family and that tyou are adjusting to life without a 52 at the back of your mind:)

Cheers Alan, Xmas seems a long time ago now... Life without the constant pressure of the 52... I hope I'll survive. :)

Lovely one to finish on, super reflected color and you've made the square composition work really well.

Just taken a moment to look at your album on flickr and your bitter and twisted looks as good now as it did back in week 17, the tomatoes and the grater I still think are exceptional too. :)

Wishing you all the best for the year ahead.

Well done Alan on completing 2014-52's ... in style with a glorious image full of supports.

Hi, Alan, looks like Blackpool. I've been under that structure further out on the beach :)

On theme and not one I considered. Nice reflections in the water and good detail.

Nice one for finishing :clap:

Cheers.

Back