weekly Tango 32's 2014 52 challenge Week 39 -44 added

Week 15 Action

url=https://flic.kr/p/n2QQfn]
13804336305_3322a89ba8_o.jpg
[/url]rugby upton by Craigw1978, on Flickr

Hi Craig

plenty of action there & beautifully sharp with a great expression on the guy's face who has the ball , so a well captured moment (y)

Composition is always difficult with sports I find......do you have a wider shot that pulls in to frame the guy whose arm is missing on the rhs ? ( maybe thats why he seems to be screaming ;) )

Great action shot Craig, loads of interest (y), everyone of them seems to have a different expression showing a different emotion .....only the ref looks happy :D

@blondie606 ..... I didn't notice the clipped arm but certainly a good reason for him to scream Lynne :LOL:

Hi Craig

plenty of action there & beautifully sharp with a great expression on the guy's face who has the ball , so a well captured moment (y)

Composition is always difficult with sports I find......do you have a wider shot that pulls in to frame the guy whose arm is missing on the rhs ? ( maybe thats why he seems to be screaming ;) )

That bloody arm, I cropped them out but then it lost the impact, I had lots of other shots but none of them had the facial expressions like this so after a while contemplating I thought sod it post it and take the hit on the arm :)

A great action shot and I think you did right to choose this one with all the varied facial expressions (y)

Can't see any way you could have avoided the arm.... if it had been included, there would have ben something else to have cut off.

It's also not like you can really ask them to hold on while you move. The expressions and the action is whats important here, and you've nailed those.

Hi, Action, well captured and made by the grimace on the LH guy's face. I didn't notice the arm.

Cheers.
A great action shot and I think you did right to choose this one with all the varied facial expressions (y)
Can't see any way you could have avoided the arm.... if it had been included, there would have ben something else to have cut off.

It's also not like you can really ask them to hold on while you move. The expressions and the action is whats important here, and you've nailed those.

Thanks all appreciate you all dropping in and commenting

Hi Craig...just had a quick look back....The heron for Nature is excellent....super close up and loads of detail.
Action....perfect for the theme...great assortment of expressions and loads of action taking place.
Mono...whats not to like ...a gorgeous little boy perfectly captured....I like the dof and that it's a very natural shot and not 'posed'....all my family photo's are in black and white ...I think it adds another dimension....very nice.

Lovely, well composed and well done for getting down to his level. works well and shows you don't always HAVE to have eye contact!

Can't decide of the slight motion blur in the hand and the foot adds or detracts....:thinking: but the face and outstretched hand are sharp enough so not a big deal either way!

I'd agree with Graham.

I really love these kinds of photographs. The wonderment in children's faces really appeals to me. Finding something new and seeing what it does (y)

Looks a little flat and I had a quick edit is in Snapseed so there is an edit option.

Also just have a big crop to just get his hand and face it. Worked for me.

Cheers.

I'd agree with Graham.

I really love these kinds of photographs. The wonderment in children's faces really appeals to me. Finding something new and seeing what it does (y)

Looks a little flat and I had a quick edit is in Snapseed so there is an edit option.

Also just have a big crop to just get his hand and face it. Worked for me.

Cheers.

post them up mate with what you did?

Hi, lovely picture of Evan, very natural. Did he find any pixies?

Yep, great shot Craig, composition works very well, as Alan said, very natural (y)

Hi, well it keeps you up to date though not the most exciting pic don't think the DoF is helping either

Hi, lovely picture of Evan, very natural. Did he find any pixies?
Yep, great shot Craig, composition works very well, as Alan said, very natural (y)
Hi Craig

I struggle with people pictures but it is nice n natural , very interested look on his face & the mono suits it well (y)

Did he find any Pixies ?
Hi craig,
Mono... beautiful picture, all been said so (y)(y)(y)

Thanks all I'm afraid we did not find any pixies :( but we did find lots of mud :)

Excellent candid mono shot .... right down to his little wellies .... so without the crop for me!

Hi Craig,

I quite like your first twisted shot, it's certainly on theme and it shows the detail of the tree bark etc. Surely that has to give you some merit - the photo looks like real life so that's your job done...

I don't like the fence photo though. :D

I think your being Polite mate its a Sh!T photo

sometimes being able to critique your own shots, is a really good way to know what not to do next time.

Sometimes you just need to get a tick in the box!

Hi Craig :)

Seem to have missed a few of yours too, thought I had commented on this one :thinking:

Action - Excellent action shot, loads of action and emotion caught, love the wide crop, the DoF picks the players out from the background nicely... and the guy with the ball works well in the centre of the frame too - Nice One (y)

Twisted - I'm with Judi on this one... liking the twisty tree, no:2 a good idea but it hasn't quite happened :)

Fresh - Soil works ok, not overly interesting for me i'm afraid, but liking the colours and the composition, cracking DoF too... in fact, not a bad image at all after that (y)

Freshly dug, what's wrong with that??

I like it, good colours in the sky, the greens of the trees and the red / brown of the dirt in motion.

I really like the "miniature" effect that you have going on here, is this just a result og the 5.6 aperture at full zoom trowing the trees behind OOF?

Cloning the spots out the sky needs doing though. :)

Back