The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thats a shame, what about the 50 f2 or 56?

Had the 56 before, don't need F1.2, its quite a heavy beast and slow focussing, I like my Zeiss 32mm, so I thought the 50mm might be a good match, I really don't need anything. The 50mm F2 is only £239 at the refurb store - out of stock - repeat I really don't need anything.

Going to put a roll through the Texas Leica this weekend, to make sure everything is ok.

Last edited:
I did have some xpro whites, but got alert from my t3 telling me they weren’t fuji ones. So I let them go when I sold the xt1

If those are the ones that I'm now using with your old X-T1, then I haven't noticed any shortcoming in battery life.

Good to see you out and about with your new toy! How you finding it? Have you got Gas yet?

It's excellent. :) Very happy. I used a little XC15-45 at first, and even that's pretty good. Then the GAS hit - the 40-150 is stellar, though, and I'm hoping the 16-80 compliments it. Then I'll just keep the 15-45 for occasions where compactness is essential.

Cheers mate, looking forward to getting it.

90mm f2 is back down again, now 519.

I saw that ... The 16-55 is silly too. But having just got my H, i`ll stick with what I have for the time being (I hope) ;)

I read this thread quite often but recently it’s become a bit of a dangerous place to visit. GAS is rearing it’s (beautifully) ugly head, thanks to what seems a massive communal Gasfest. :)

I am currently seriously considering letting my main camera gear go and getting all Fuji.

At the moment I have a T2, a 35mm 1.4 and a 50-140mm as well as using an adapted Zeiss Distagon 18mm.

GAS - a 16mm 1.4 and the 90mm.

The only thing stopping me is that I’d miss my Tamron 24-70mm G2, which On the D810 is brilliant.

Ack!

I read this thread quite often but recently it’s become a bit of a dangerous place to visit. GAS is rearing it’s (beautifully) ugly head, thanks to what seems a massive communal Gasfest. :)

I am currently seriously considering letting my main camera gear go and getting all Fuji.

At the moment I have a T2, a 35mm 1.4 and a 50-140mm as well as using an adapted Zeiss Distagon 18mm.

The only thing stopping me is that I’d miss my Tamron 24-70mm G2, which On the D810 is brilliant.

Ack!

The 16 1.4 is one of the nicest lenses I've owned, you wouldn't be disappointed if you like your WA primes. I only offed mine because tbh I went through a bit of a slump and wasn't enjoying photography in general. Even then I still picked up this lens and took it out for a spin now and then. I also always wanted to re-try the 35 1.4, and I couldn't have both sadly. I could do now, I have the 35 and if a 16 turned up for the right money I could swing it. But there's other stuff I want too ... don't we all?

OH dear just had a look in the Fuji reburb and the price of the XF80 was too good to say no too :D

I did the same with an X-Pro2, got it for £518! Very, very pleased indeed. :fuji::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:woot::woot::clap::clap::love::love:

Ffordes had a 35mm 1.4 for the same price yesterday. I bought mine from them a while ago for the same price and it’s mint.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about them. The one they have at the moment has some marking, but Ill keep an eye out on their site, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about them. The one they have at the moment has some marking, but Ill keep an eye out on their site, thanks for the heads up.

Looks more like dust to me, some grubby skin maybe between the lines on the focus ring - nothing an alcohol wipe wouldn't sort. Only thing is it doesn't state whether it's boxed with original hood etc

The focus ring has marks (paint missing) and a small mark near the serial no. by the 4.

Looking at it again it could be slight paint loss there, you could ring and inquire? AT first it looked like dust to me, which is always exaggerated in these images - we all know this when we're doing our shots for sale. Royal PITA it can be to get the gear to come across it's best

Lets just say I could of got the Leica out of classified and still have over ;)

Honestly chuffed for you, seems like you've had a rough time with your Mam being ill, so nice to get a bit of good fortune.

Been a long time since lady luck paid me a visit, think I'm due! should buy me a scratch card :D

Honestly chuffed for you, seems like you've had a rough time with your Mam being ill, so nice to get a bit of good fortune.

Been a long time since lady luck paid me a visit, think I'm due! should buy me a scratch card :D

Thanks mate, was ripping my hair out first thing but now a lot calmer. Could buy you 10 scratch cards ;)

Ack!

Just do it, all my Canon gear went almost 2 years ago. I now have 3 Fuji bodies, 6 lenses, and it all still makes me smile every time I pick it up........ The 16 & the 90 are probably two of the best they make, but then, they don't really make anything that's poor...

Thanks mate, was ripping my hair out first thing but now a lot calmer. Could buy you 10 scratch cards ;)

I used to buy a few scratch cards per week, but only ever won enough to buy a few more to keep her lit. I just don't have the luck to bother anymore. I used to bet on all sports, play poker, do the football pools, bet on a few donkeys etc ... but gave it all up as bad habit.

I just juggle the leftovers from your average household duties nowadays, and maybe saving for that bit of gear here and there helps keep me sane :D

At the mo' I'm a good ways toward the lens I want, and it gives me some motivation I guess.

Just do it, all my Canon gear went almost 2 years ago. I now have 3 Fuji bodies, 6 lenses, and it all still makes me smile every time I pick it up........ The 16 & the 90 are probably two of the best they make, but then, they don't really make anything that's poor...

This is true, people beat up on the 18 F2 and sometimes the 18-135, but I've seen some cracking images produced by both, and if they're the bottom of the pile, then you just know it's only because the rest are so good.

Ack!

The 16 and 90 are the best of Fuji, but imo their is no Fuji lens better than the 90 as it`s in a class of it`s own.

Is there such a thing as an MPB discount code? Never came across one before, but in the checkout there is an option - on the off-chance someone has such a code?

Between 9 and 10 today :banana::fuji:

Excellent.... the build quality is amazing.... proper Made in Japan. :)
I had a play with mine last night briefly and it’s just ooozes quality.
Need to dive into the settings more and start working out was custom buttons to setup etc.

Back