TP Day 2010 - The Showcase!

WOW, that really is fantastic. (y) I wish I'd been involved. :D

Well done Matt.

The idea was truely inspirational and a creative outlet for many people including myself who may not have picked up their camera on the day otherwise.

Thanks

Trevor

hats off to you Matt! You have done a fantastic job.
Not only are there some cracking shots in there but I think you have just made a close community even closer!

:clap:

WoW ! lots of lovely images and put together superbly :clap:

Just finished watching and it's brilliant. Such a wide range of photos from landscapes and portraits to macros and sports (and everything in between).

Thank you for the TP staff and members for thinking of the idea and bringing it to life. (y)

An excellent job, both in organising it and the finished slideshow. Whilst it may be a big task well worthwhile and should be repeated.

(y) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Matt, thank you so much for organising this and all the hard work in pulling it together.
And Dave too - that opening sequence is fab!

Some fantastic shots in there (I'm not going to pick favourites) but well done everyone. I'm really proud to have been able to make a contribution to this.

So, when's next year's happening? :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: ...

You've outdone yourself Matt, and Dave :). Thank you for putting this together; and I hope this now becomes a TP annual ritual.

Thank you all so much. It is really great to see you all enjoying it!

:D

Superb slide show............just watched it twice! Well done to all involved.

I was working that day, but now I wish I'd got off my arse and made the effort:) Next time maybe.

Looking forward to seeing the slideshow when I get home tomorrow. From the comments so far it looks like I'm in for a treat.

Thanks Matt and Dave.

I've just watched it twice, listening to James Taylor...

What can I say that hasn't already been said? It's beautifully put together and worked wonderfully. I expected something good, but this exceeded all expectations.

It must have taken an incredible amount of time and organising to pull it all together, but it was SO worth it! Matt, Dave? You are stars! You've turned a simple idea into something very, very special. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm immensely proud to have been part of it, and I hope this becomes a regular thing.

Very well done to everyone who contributed. It was fabulous to view and be a part of, and a brilliantly executed idea.

Janet

Thanks all once more.

Janice (Janet) I am really pleased you are proud to be a part of it - it is YOUR images TP that are making it look so good - i think i can say from both of us that it was not the bits that Dave and I did (that was the icing!). Each and everyone of you should be proud! Hopefully this will spur more people on to taking part *if* and *when* we do another :D

On a related note - my main website database just got temporarily shut down by the hosts who thought it was being attacked because of the amount of hits it was getting (comparative to usual!) :LOL: the showcase worked throughout and my website is back up and running again :D

very very impressive, thanks to Matt for sticking it all together and to everyone for getting out and getting the shots. brings a tear to my eye...

Thanks all once more. Each and everyone of you should be proud! Hopefully this will spur more people on to taking part *if* and *when* we do another :D

:agree: Fantastic effort by everyone

because of the amount of hits it was getting (comparative to usual!) :LOL:

:D I said that to you Matt, I bet its getting a battering, didnt think they would have shut it down though

Matt did the hard work I only made the intro and submitted an image :)

Can not get it to work at home:(
Could be the time and its probably getting battered

Nah - server is all good. It is flash - are you fully up to date and not on an ipad/iphone etc?

What can I say that hasn't already been said, Matt!

You fanned a spark of an idea into an inspirational flame - the Olympic torch of TP. :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you so much from me (proud to be a very small part of the Day), to Matt and Dave and all the people who contributed behind the scenes, and of course to everybody involved. :love: :)

Jean

Another vote of thanks from me Matt, superb work.

EDIT: Whoops forgot to mention Dave, thanks to you as well for helping to pull this together.

Last edited:
Cheers Matt n Dave. (sounds like a dodgy pop duo!) Great idea and a great way of getting the community together. Got to be an annual event now after such a good show of images.

Perhaps do 2 :shrug: 1 spring bank holiday then 1 august to show the different seasons. (donned the tin hat for the rapid response of firing missiles from Matt and Dave:LOL:)

Fantastic.... totally missed this on the taking part side, I was busy enjoying my birthday!
Some really great images, really enjoyed watching them.
Thank you!

I have just had my second visit to the slideshow.
I too would like to add my thanks to Matt & Dave for their work.

As I looked through at some really good work a thought struck me.
I was looking at work by a lot of members who for one reason or another I do not normally see. I guess I am not the only one to think that. The slideshow can only be a good thing as it introduced me to some really good togs on here. If others think the same this can only be good news for the TP 'family'.

Once again well done to Matt & Dave & all the members who took part.

Well done Matt and Dave, I can imagine the work that went into that - more than I want!
that was a good idea that's worked really well to give a great cross-section of TP'ers.

I agree with Sawman it's a good way of seeing people I don't always see.

Briony's idea of spring bank-holiday is a good one (alternate years rather than two per year? - I'd hate it to become a chore for the organisers), That would give different landscapes etc.

madmackem: "Cheers Matt n Dave. (sounds like a dodgy pop duo!)":LOL: they should have recorded their own sound track - Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.....

Well done all
QS

Great work Matt - nice idea and so much effort to execute it perfectly. Some stunning shots in there but I love the finale - good thinking chris321; or was it midday :thinking:

Many thanks to Matt and Dave for putting it all together. It looks fantastic - and I'm glad I managed to take part. Scotland's bank holidays are different so a normal working day for us...

Blimey, we're quite good aren't we :D

Group hug.

Back