Vdubster's Photo52 for 2011 Week 42 - Weave added!!! (Index in 1st post)

Hiya James,

Great idea for the theme and I love the colour too.

Composition wise, I think you could have smoothed/straightened the pillow/case (sorry my OCD taking control again :LOL:)

Have you any ideas of what photos you might print? It would be interesting to see them displayed on the wall once you have done same. (Sorry again, me just being nosey :p)

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya James,

Great idea for the theme and I love the colour too.

Composition wise, I think you could have smoothed/straightened the pillow/case (sorry my OCD taking control again :LOL:)

Have you any ideas of what photos you might print? It would be interesting to see them displayed on the wall once you have done same. (Sorry again, me just being nosey :p)

Cheers

LOL I did actually do a shot with the bed made but then i thought might as well leave like it always is :) + I wanted a more lived in feel.

As for the prints i just had a canvas made for a friend of mine of my selective colour Delicate shot.

Delicate - Week 7
by j.fordham, on Flickr

And it look great so i might have the same and i am going to have of this

AccommodationRESHOOTedit
by j.fordham, on Flickr

Because it's my favorite of my photograph's so far.

J

LOL I did actually do a shot with the bed made but then i thought might as well leave like it always is :) + I wanted a more lived in feel.

As for the prints i just had a canvas made for a friend of mine of my selective colour Delicate shot.

Delicate - Week 7
by j.fordham, on Flickr

And it look great so i might have the same and i am going to have of this

AccommodationRESHOOTedit
by j.fordham, on Flickr

Because it's my favorite of my photograph's so far.

J

Hiya James,

I was only pulling your leg about the pillow, it does add a lived in feel. Besides I have no room to talk .... I have been confined to my bed for the last 2 days now full of a cold I am, so not feeling too great, and I can't even be bothered to make the bed :LOL:

Good choice for the photos to print .... in fact I was going to suggest the VW pics as a set .... I think they would look ace on the red wall.

Cheers

A unique take on the empty theme, I like it. Without the bed this would not have worked so well, it gives the eye a secondary focal point. The rail and ceiling edge are nice lead lines. Nice exposure too.

Hi, James, as soon as I saw your 'empty' I thought, "I Like it!".

Prefer it without the top right white bit though...try it...

Cheers.

Great idea for empty...very clever....
For me the photo is improved if cropped to remove the ceiling....
Try it....what do you think?

Thanks for the comments, however i have to disagree I think the shot as i submitted it is much better than a cropped version, it just doesn't work for me.

J

A unique take on the empty theme, I like it. Without the bed this would not have worked so well, it gives the eye a secondary focal point. The rail and ceiling edge are nice lead lines. Nice exposure too.

Thank you, that was my thinking when taking the shot and still think this is the best version.

J

Hi, James, as soon as I saw your 'empty' I thought, "I Like it!".

Prefer it without the top right white bit though...try it...

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments, however i have to disagree I think the shot as i submitted it is much better than a cropped version, it just doesn't work for me.

J

This week's shot is of a Baoding ball placed in a Gunnera leaf. I like the way this turned out actually.

Object - Something perceptible by one or more of the senses, especially by vision or touch; a material thing.

A Baoding ball offers a few things for the senses touch, sight and hearing.

As i said before i'm finding using my camera a lot easier now and i'm enjoying getting out and using it, although i need help with my general photography. These shots are all ones that i've set up and had the time to think about placement and light and the setting on the camera, however i went for a walk around the Ipswich marine the other day and the photo's i took just didn't do anything for me :-( i'll post another thread later and link to it, if anyone would be kind enough to help me out :)

Here the thread re help for my walk-a-bout stuff Walk-a-bout help

Thanks

J

Object - Week 14 by j.fordham, on Flickr

And another from the same set

Object2 - Week 14 by j.fordham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great idea again James. Prefer the first shot due to the texture on the leaf and the reflection of the other leaves. Half expecting a small image of David Bellamy climbing out instead of your reflection.

Hiya James,

Well done on both photos for this week. Have to say I prefer the first one the most because of the lovely colours and detail in the leaves. The reflection also works well here.

The second is good too and the reflection great.

It's a pity the sky is over exposed in both and it would have great to have some nice blue sky, but not much you can do about that.

Otherwise well done on the composition of both.

I'll go and take a look at your other thread now.

Cheers

Another vote for no1. Excellent shot for the theme. Good DOF, nice vibrant colour in the leaf, sharp image. I really like this shot.

James [double kapow!!!].. i LOVE the ball in the leaf.. awesome.. could you work on catching yourself in the reflection and it might be perfect.. (thats just me).. going to have to try that myself.. but somehwo i don't think i'll capture that rich colour you got..!!> (y)

Hi James

Loving the 1st shot of your Object post , beautiful rich color in the leaves & like the reflection (y)

Great idea again James. Prefer the first shot due to the texture on the leaf and the reflection of the other leaves. Half expecting a small image of David Bellamy climbing out instead of your reflection.

Hiya James,

Well done on both photos for this week. Have to say I prefer the first one the most because of the lovely colours and detail in the leaves. The reflection also works well here.

The second is good too and the reflection great.

It's a pity the sky is over exposed in both and it would have great to have some nice blue sky, but not much you can do about that.

Otherwise well done on the composition of both.

I'll go and take a look at your other thread now.

Cheers

Another vote for #1 (y)

No#1 for me too

Really like the reflections & how did you keep it so clean !!

Another vote for no1. Excellent shot for the theme. Good DOF, nice vibrant colour in the leaf, sharp image. I really like this shot.

James [double kapow!!!].. i LOVE the ball in the leaf.. awesome.. could you work on catching yourself in the reflection and it might be perfect.. (thats just me).. going to have to try that myself.. but somehwo i don't think i'll capture that rich colour you got..!!> (y)

Hi James

Loving the 1st shot of your Object post , beautiful rich color in the leaves & like the reflection (y)

Wow thank you everyone, i'm very happy with how #1 came out.

J

Hmmm, might be me, tired and all, but is the screen damaged? Is it a photograph of something: rock face?

:thinking:

Does this help?

Wrong2 by j.fordham, on Flickr

As the theme is Wrong your first guess that the screen is broken is correct, but then again there's an app for that? LOL

J

Last edited:
If we trust wikipedia "A paradox is a seemingly true statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which seems to defy logic or intuition"

So fits perfectly.

James,

what??? paradox.. ?? who publishes a HARD puzzle and gives the answer... MUPPETS!!!... surely you used your mastery of the PShop to combine the next days paper... but then maybe not and this is very fitting to the theme...nice one

Kev

Hiya James,

Great take on the theme, well done.

Cheers

If we trust wikipedia "A paradox is a seemingly true statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which seems to defy logic or intuition"

So fits perfectly.

Thanks, i had read the Wiki but wasn't sure.

Nice one.

Fits the theme.

Bloody Sudoku - rrreeeaaalllyyy don't get it....:bang:

Thanks, yeah bloody thing i can't even do the easy ones, lol

James,

what??? paradox.. ?? who publishes a HARD puzzle and gives the answer... MUPPETS!!!... surely you used your mastery of the PShop to combine the next days paper... but then maybe not and this is very fitting to the theme...nice one

Kev

I know whats the point, might as well fill it in as well, lol.

..btw James...

think your phone's screen is broken.. yeah...!! i'm quick.. i know... (y)

LOL :)

Hiya James,

Great take on the theme, well done.

Cheers

Thanks Dawn.

Back