WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I agree that was a crap reply TBH :(

No it's a great reply. If it were me, I'd consider that as played directly into my hands. Whilst I accept the CEO rarely reads his / her own emails, the CEO's office has an office manager. That's a the next point and cc CEO in. Some if you delve deep enough you can get phone no's... Nothing like a phone call straight in there to get their attention.

WAMT Took the grandkids to Mcdonalds, their choice it's not for me. Each order I placed the severer said would you like large. This was even though I already said normal sizes please. They always do it! I mean if I wanted large, I would have said large! :punch::rage:

Tescos fuel offer which ends at the end of the month as written large on the receipt and the WAMT? The large print telling me I spent enough the save 8 pence a litre today to send in September ( the offer ends at the end of August )

WAMT Took the grandkids to Mcdonalds, their choice it's not for me. Each order I placed the severer said would you like large. This was even though I already said normal sizes please. They always do it! I mean if I wanted large, I would have said large! :punch::rage:

Would you like fries with that?

Tescos fuel offer which ends at the end of the month as written large on the receipt and the WAMT? The large print telling me I spent enough the save 8 pence a litre today to send in September ( the offer ends at the end of August )

I believe the reduction is based on the points you earn up to the end of August but you can get the saving on your petrol as long as it is spent before the end of September.

Just came across this thread and think I could start one just for me. What Annoyed Me This Hour. But back to this one. WAMT was A#%*hole neighbours thinking that you enjoy spending nearly £4k getting a new driveway installed but you still like to park on the street so they block said drive with theirs car & you can't use the f#%^ing thing because they can't be arsed walking an extra few yards & park elsewhere!!

Report it to your local police, they can issue a fixed penalty notice and ask them to move the car or the police can remove the car themselves

I was under the impression it's only illegal to block you from leaving your driveway but (stupidly) not to block you from gaining access

I was under the impression it's only illegal to block you from leaving your driveway but (stupidly) not to block you from gaining access

It's illegal to park actoss a dropped kerb regardless, but the police are unlikely to do anything unless theyre preventing you from leaving.

I may have been known to move a vehicle parked like that. Honestly don't know how it later appeared to be left in the middle of the road ;)

#drivelikeaparisian

Unlawful obstruction, get it towed away if your blocked in. Or by reck of a car (unregistered) for £50 dump it across their drive when they are out !

You'll probably need to get a white line painted across the drive with end bars. This stops most of the thickos from blocking drives for some reason.

Suz, the obvious answer would be to contact the previous owner and ask him/her where the USB socket is.

John, the obvious answer is not to take the grandkids to places where the servers don't understand simple instructions like "All standard sizes, please."!

WAMT was my own fault. I rarely drink but did have a pint of cider last night. CBA to go for a pee before going to sleep, so woke at 03:30 and had no choice. (Well, I could have stayed where I was but that wouldn't have done the carpet any good!) Cat was happy though - got an extra cuddle in the middle of the night.

WAMT Was that I still haven't replaced the timer on our toaster, and voila burned toast...And that was the last couple of slices of bread....So annoyed with myself, the replacement timer is lying right next to it grrrrr

WAMT Was that I still haven't replaced the timer on our toaster, and voila burned toast...And that was the last couple of slices of bread....So annoyed with myself, the replacement timer is lying right next to it grrrrr

Cooking a full breakfast here if you're quick :)

Cooking a full breakfast here if you're quick :)
Breakfast! Lazy gits, I had mine at 6:00 am and I've been at work since 7:00am. Had an apple about half an hour ago and in a couple of hours I'll be having lunch. ;)

Breakfast! Lazy gits, I had mine at 6:00 am and I've been at work since 7:00am. Had an apple about half an hour ago and in a couple of hours I'll be having lunch. ;)
Work on a Sunday? Are you mad, God intended this day for rest and I'm making the most of it!

Work on a Sunday? Are you mad, God intended this day for rest and I'm making the most of it!
Double Bubble ;) I'm resting as I work. Engines working hard though, sceraming away at 6000rpm. Hardest thing I've had to do so fa ris keep restarting a programme that has so far froze twice as it set up, then crashed after starting. :)

You assume alot fella.
Just because someone is eating now, doesn't mean they didn't beat you out of bed by quite some margin :p

You assume alot fella.
Just because someone is eating now, doesn't mean they didn't beat you out of bed by quite some margin :p
I was up at 5:00 getting all my food ready for work, (grilled salmon steaks, which the cat had to sample as usual ;) )

I was up at 5:00 getting all my food ready for work, (grilled salmon steaks, which the cat had to sample as usual ;) )

Sounds very nice.
Still beat you out of bed though :)

It's illegal to park actoss a dropped kerb regardless, but the police are unlikely to do anything unless theyre preventing you from leaving.

Yeah maybe that's what I was thinking. Dropped kerb or no dropped kerb they still don't bother. Only 10 minutes ago someone blocked in neighbour 2 doors up, so he sat for 5 minutes blasting his horn till they got the message

I may have been known to move a vehicle parked like that. Honestly don't know how it later appeared to be left in the middle of the road ;)

#drivelikeaparisian

Sounds like a plan [emoji16][emoji106]

Unlawful obstruction, get it towed away if your blocked in. Or by reck of a car (unregistered) for £50 dump it across their drive when they are out !

Only problem is they don't have a drive. That's the main problem on my street. I stay across from maisonette flats & the main culprits(who don't even stay in the street) come visiting park on my side because their side is all parked up. Already had 3 arguments in the street about it. People just don't give a damn. Or maybe I'm getting old & grumpy.

You'll probably need to get a white line painted across the drive with end bars. This stops most of the thickos from blocking drives for some reason.

Yeah don't think that would work. If they parked in a marked disabled box they're not gonna worry about white lines[emoji15]

According to this http://www.safermotoring.co.uk/parking-near-private-driveway-what-law.html it's not against the law to park across a dropped kerb to a driveway of a private residence, regardless of whether vehicles are blocked from entering or leaving. The onl yblocked kerbs i tis illegal to block are those for pedestrian crossings.

The law really is an ass at times. I had to pay nearly £1500 to get the kerb dropped so I could legally cross the pavement to access my property but it's fine to have this access blocked in our out!

For a 6th glorious day. The USB saga! Checked wiring and the lightening end has no slack and won't move even with a firm yank. The stereo unit end goes off into the dash and doesn't have any slack either. Remembered there's a torch on the car keyring (doh) The socket end of it is in the middle of the dash. I'm assuming so you can't plug anything in without taking out the inside of the stereo hole to get behind whatever bit the stupid installer decided to hide it behind. Why do that? There's a perfectly good glovebox it could be available in but no, hide the socket in the guts of the dash. It will need dismantling of the installation to actually fix it and do it properly.

The law really is an ass at times. I had to pay nearly £1500 to get the kerb dropped so I could legally cross the pavement to access my property but it's fine to have this access blocked in our out!

Another satisfying thing is to park a car snug against their bumper both ends.

Kids at parks climbing the wrong way up the slides with mucky shoes on whilst my 3 year old daughter is sat patiently at the top.

While their mums sit on a bench reading Facebook on their phones.

Kids at parks climbing the wrong way up the slides with mucky shoes on whilst my 3 year old daughter is sat patiently at the top.

While their mums sit on a bench reading Facebook on their phones.
Oh I don't miss those days. Mine was also patiently waiting and either mucky pups climb up or others pushed her out of the way to go down and then hold up the slide. And ignorant parents are never to be seen or found guiding their precious.

Another satisfying thing is to park a car snug against their bumper both ends.

Yeah done that. That's what caused street barney number 2[emoji16]

Whilst satisfying undoubtedly, anyone doing that to my car will experience yet again that theirs might not be in the exact same location when they come back. It won't be the first time that I push an idiot like that out of the way.

Back