Who's the best band you've seen live?

For the show:
KISS

For the music:
The Libertines

For sheer amazement at finally seeing them plus major nostalgia:
blink-182

I saw Green Day live @Wembley on the 19th June last year.

It was a truly awesome show and I would go again to see them in a heartbeat.

I would love to see RATM live if I had the chance.

Rich

James Last.

Well you did ask!!!

Count Basie

Duke Ellington

Hey, someone posted "The Rollins Band" and I was about to say I heard Sonny do a fabulous set that cut through my biggest-ever hangover until someone told me to Google them! ;)

Nickelback, Dark Horse at the SECC in Glasgow couple of years back.
Amazing concert. Easy way to become deaf for a few days(y)(y)

All mine go back to the 60's.

The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix -- at the Royal Albert Hall on the 14 November 1967.....MAGIC

You cannot beleive how envious I am - The ultimate decade - just wish I had been alive to witness the foundations - you sir are a lucky man (y)

U2 at Wembley
REM - Twickenham
Steel Panther - a very small club in London :s

The Smiths at Brixton Academy
REM at The Borderline in the late 80's under a pseudonym
Echo and The Bunnymen at Manchester Free Trade Hall late 80's
Green Day at Brixton on The American Idiot Tour.... saw them at Milton Keynes too but Brixton is a superb venue

Metallica - Sheffield Arena, roughly '97
Beastie Boys - Manchester Arena, which I think was '05.....maybe '04!! :shrug:

I was also at (worked at) a secret Radio1 gig by the Offspring at the hieght of their fame at the Cockpit in Leeds around '00.....was nice watching the gig from about 2-3 feet away!! (y)

Show of Hands; Steve Knightley and Phil Beer with Miranda Sykes.

"A genre defying mix of rock, roots, blues, country and trad, and often influenced by the music of other countries, it is played out on an array of instruments from slide guitar to fiddle, mandolin to South American cuatro".

Looking forward to next years 4th sell out of The Royal Albert Hall (Or Kensington Village Hall as we prefer to call it)!

Metallica, Newcastle City Hall on the Justice for All tour (so 88/89 maybe)

Goldfrapp at Creamfields - wasn't expecting much but had a great time.

Oh, and a gig I unexpectedly enjoyed...

Judas Priest at Newcastle city Hall (88). Wasn't really into their music, but such good showmen.

Saw The Hollies in Worthing during the 60's, and Don williams at the Brighton Centre in 1984

John:)

I'm off to the O2 to see Rush next Wednesday. I haven't seen them in about 30 years. Really looking forward to it. My 20 & 14 year old sons are coming with me.

They were the muts nuts, fifty thousand IT nerds all head banging to spirit of radio, it felt good to be home! :D

They were the muts nuts, fifty thousand IT nerds all head banging to spirit of radio, it felt good to be home! :D

They were trully brilliant weren't they. They certainly haven't lost their touch.
For some strange reason a bloke sitting next to my son got up and left half way through the Moving Pictures section:wacky:, but at least it gave us a bit more room to spread out and enjoy ourselves. My sons were suitably impressed, my youngest has raided my Rush CD's so he can cram more onto his ipod. Hope it isn't too long before they pay us a return visit, I ain't leaving it so long for next time I see them.:LOL:

Hawkwind
Jethro tull
ELO pt2
Tangerine Dream
Saxon
stranglers
Thunder (a few times)
Bad manners
Gordon Giltrap
Alice Cooper (a few times)
motorhead
Joan Jett

Thunder and t dream being my favourite live bands.

Not strictly my favourite venue, but went to see Pulp a few years back at Hull Ice Arena, supported by The Eels,
Much as I loved Pulp the Eels stole the show for mr

Hawkwind
Jethro tull
ELO pt2
Tangerine Dream
Saxon
stranglers
Thunder (a few times)
Bad manners
Gordon Giltrap
Alice Cooper (a few times)
motorhead
Joan Jett

Thunder and t dream being my favourite live bands.

I've not seen ELO pt2 but I have seen ELO twice, first time was the Time tour at Wembley Arena, second time was when they were one of several bands that played support to Rod Stewart at Wembley Stadium. ELO were our reason for going to that concert and the only time I've known a support group to be called back on for an encore.(y)
The Blow Monkeys were another support act for that concert but were boo'd off stage before they even started when they started spouting about bands playing Sun City which Rod had previously done.

I saw Saxon at Hammersmith Odean. Great show but the only thing I can remember is Biff whistling down the microphone, how everyones ear drums were't permanently pierced I don't know.

Best couple of bands I saw at Hammersmith Odean were UFO on the Wild Willing and Innocent tour and Waysted (Pete Way from UFO) playing support
to Quo.

Not strictly my favourite venue, but went to see Pulp a few years back at Hull Ice Arena, supported by The Eels,
Much as I loved Pulp the Eels stole the show for mr

I agree The Eels are fantastic Live - just so natural and emotive.

Show of Hands; Steve Knightley and Phil Beer with Miranda Sykes.

"A genre defying mix of rock, roots, blues, country and trad, and often influenced by the music of other countries, it is played out on an array of instruments from slide guitar to fiddle, mandolin to South American cuatro".

Looking forward to next years 4th sell out of The Royal Albert Hall (Or Kensington Village Hall as we prefer to call it)!

I agree with you about Show of hands, I have seen them a couple of times in Ipswich and have tickets for the Kensington village hall gig. Can not wait (y)

Best wishes, Mark

The Rolling Stones
The beatles
The Small Faces
Satus Quo
Ahmen Corner

Ah those were the days:)

Springsteen, July 4th 1985 I think it was at Wembley Stadium. The guy wandered out on stage on his own with an acoustic guitar and sang Independence Day.

Then ripped the place up for the next 4 hours, Bruce at his absolute best (y)

red hot chilli peppers

manic street preachers

beyonce (taxi driver for the wife and her mate's excellent show though)

bon jovi

simple minds

little angels

status quo (when i was a young boy)

Springsteen, July 4th 1985 I think it was at Wembley Stadium. The guy wandered out on stage on his own with an acoustic guitar and sang Independence Day.

Then ripped the place up for the next 4 hours, Bruce at his absolute best (y)

That was the night I was at Wembley Arena for Dire Straits, Springsteen's many encores were the reason there was a mile long queue to get into Wembley Park station as both concerts ended up finishing at the same time!

Been to absolutely loads, but the ones that stand out the most are

Deep Purple in 87 (with the Mk II lineup)
Whitesnake in 84
Neil Young
Skin (not Skunk Anansie's lead singer, but the band)
Thunder (supported by the Electric Boys - both bands were awesome)

I would say Lynyrd Skynyrd in 200? - I'd always wanted to see them since when I was a kid, but they just seemed really... tired

Foo Fighters, last summer, Milton Keynes .. nothing will ever beat that :)

Iron Maiden at Donington Monsters of Rock, 1988. We'd had a hell of a job getting there, got in late and missed half the support acts, it was raining and muddy, then Maiden came on and blew everything away :)

Back