weekly WW's 52. Week 2 - Season

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Hey Wayne, that's a really interesting take on the theme, and an intriguing image! I reckon you've got the lighting pretty right; much better than I could. There are some irregularities in the yin and yang shapes; are they deliberate or accidental?

What I couldn't quite understand was the location of the yin-yang symbol in the frame; could you explain your reasoning for that (it's a bit difficult to see on this laptop screen, so maybe it makes more sese on a larger frame?)?

BTW, you'll get more comments if you include a link from the main thread back to here! There's a guide on how to do it at the start of the main thread, I think...

Thanks Chris,
I spent a while trying to create the ying yang shape as best I could with an homemade template ,a steady hand & tweezers!! I think I could have lost a few hours more to try to finesse the shape but, my patience got the better of me & I settled on the final shape that I have photographed.
The uneven framing was down to cropping out my background paper. I used a sheet of plain A4 paper to lay the shape onto, the thinking behind this to keep my lighting / WB as neutral as possible to keep the salt crystals as white as I could.
Thanks again for the feedback, hopefully I'll continue with the creativity & improvement as the weeks progress (y)

Hi Wayne :)

Season - For me a good idea, with a couple of differences would make a huge difference for me, with that shape I think a square crop would work fine, and I would prefer a background other than white, it makes it hard for either the background or the salt look dirty.

Well set up though and well lit - Good first shot for your 52 (y)

Thanks very much for the kind words, I agree with the white background, if I'd planned it out more I could've experimented with different b/g's to enhance the salt crystals (y)

Back