£19.99 Kingston 16GB 133X ELITE PRO Compact Flash Card

Name
Bal Sanghera
Edit My Images
Yes
Just seen this and looks like a great price for a 16gb CF Card.

Kingston Compact Flash
Kingston 16GB 133X ELITE PRO Compact Flash Card
The Elite Pro line (133X) offers a memory grade for professionals who require higher write speeds and lower power consumption from their Compact Flash cards. This allows Elite Pro users the opportunity to get additional speed and performance.

Delivery : 1 to 3 working days

HALF PRICE!

£19.99 DELIVERED

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Compact-F...ngston-16GB-133X-ELITE-PRO-Compact-Flash-Card

I was in PC world yesterday, I saw a 16GB CF card for £209.99:LOL:

Iv ordered from mymemory loads of times and never had a problem so im assuming thats the right price ebuyer has them for just under £30.00

They were doing these at this price a while ago. I bought 2. Unfortunately they are not really compatible with the D3 and also caused errors in my D300. I returned them and MyMemory were fine and acknowledged that they had listed them as compatible when they aren't. I think Puddleduck had a similar problem IIRC.

Funnily enough I received my refund confirmation e-mail today.

For any camera that they are compatible with this is a great deal and MyMemory are fine. (y)

Chris :)

7dayshop so a nice 32gb Transcend for about £50

Got one living in my D700 now :D

So, are we saying these don't work in a D300?

I definitely had problems in my D3. I was going to keep the cards and use in my D300 but they were causing error messages and jamming in the D300. Not as much but it was happening. On occasion I was also losing shots (taking a pic that was not recording).

No one else appears to have reported this problem on here but MyMemory have been contacted by one or two people. MyMemory were aware and were fine when I contacted them and as said refunded my dosh.

MyMemory are still trying to say the the D3, D300 and D700 have an 8 gig limit.

The incompatibility is inexcusable - the D3 came out 2007, and these cards were manufactured in 2008.

I wouldn't buy one for a Nikon camera right now, as I have lost shots with them if the CHA error occurs during a buffer write.

The incompatibility is inexcusable - the D3 came out 2007, and these cards were manufactured in 2008.

I wouldn't buy one for a Nikon camera right now, as I have lost shots with them if the CHA error occurs during a buffer write.

I agree Andy. Wouldn't buy for a Nikon camera at the minute (y)

Phew! I nearly just bought one for my new D700, thought I would come back on here for 'another look' before pressing 'buy'

Thanks guys and gals!:clap:

I wouldn't touch ANY 16 gig card with a bargepole, should the card go faulty -lost-broken-damaged or whatever the number of photos lost would be tremendous. Better to buy 4 x4 gig cards. Not only would the loss be less but each card could be use for seperate subjects as well. As already experienced by members there are problems using them with certain cameras anyway.

Remember cheap often means poor quality so don't get suckered into what looks like a bargain as quite often it is the reverse.

Bazza

Why are the camera manufacturers being slagged off because they wont take a 16 or 32 gig card,and remember you have a thousand or so shots on one of those and it goes pear shaped you are stuffed.Dont put all your eggs in one basket

Anyone know what these are like with Canon?

Mine works fine in the 1D mkII but I get some corrupted shots with the MKIII. Only managed to try it out last weekend so wasn't aware till then.

I wouldn't touch ANY 16 gig card with a bargepole, should the card go faulty -lost-broken-damaged or whatever the number of photos lost would be tremendous. Better to buy 4 x4 gig cards. Not only would the loss be less but each card could be use for seperate subjects as well. As already experienced by members there are problems using them with certain cameras anyway.

Remember cheap often means poor quality so don't get suckered into what looks like a bargain as quite often it is the reverse.

Bazza

I remember people saying don't use a 2GB card, use 4 x 512MB instead.

I remember people saying don't use a 2GB card, use 4 x 512MB instead.

Amen!

I remember when 8MB (megabyte) cards were £69 and its been the same sob story since - always buy smaller cards ... in case ...

Never had a problem with a card truely dying, apart from a Microdrive I dropped on the ground.

LIES LIES LIES LIES

MyMemory are full of it. Im using a 32GB Transcend now in my D700 and its fine. I even stocked the card up with 30GB of rubbish from my PC, popped it in the camera and filled it to the end. No problems at all.

damn ive ordered one for my D300,

im just hoping you had a bad one!

3 of us have had cards that don't work in a D3, D700, or D300.

Don't fancy your chances!

And Dod's doesn't work in a Canon MKIII...

If I were you I'd buy 16 1gb cards. Justin.

Seriously though, bargain deal. I'd prefer a couple of 8gbs though.

Edit: Ah, woops. Read that as Lexar. for some reason.

I wouldn't touch a Kingston memory card with a barge pole.

We get so many kingston memory cards brought into jessops as corrupt. In fact I'd say 90% of the cards that are corrupted and brought in for recovery are Kingston cards.

Last edited:
damn!!! i knew i should of hung on for a little while intead of impulse buying!

and ive also just found out the d300 is only compactable with upto 8gb cards! ive really fudged up on this one :(

Last edited:
I have used one of these for a few weeks...no problems at all..
On the Canon 1DMK11 it shows about 1500 raw shots,5D it shows 999,maybe thats all the counter goes up to on 5D :shrug:

All your eggs in one basket? hmm :( just a thought

Is this supported in the D200?

Is this supported in the D200?

Dan

The card did work OK in my Fuji S5 Pro which is a D200 apart from the sensor.

However a lot of users report only 8 gigabytes shows up.

TBH I don't think these cards are fit for purpose, and are clearly been sold cheaply, as they are basically rubbish.

Ahh ok, was just wondering.
As i normally go for 4GB cards ya see. Think i might resort to getting a couple of good quality 8GB cards.

If I were you I'd buy 16 1gb cards. Justin.

Seriously though, bargain deal. I'd prefer a couple of 8gbs though.

Edit: Ah, woops. Read that as Lexar. for some reason.

I wouldn't touch a Kingston memory card with a barge pole.

We get so many kingston memory cards brought into jessops as corrupt. In fact I'd say 90% of the cards that are corrupted and brought in for recovery are Kingston cards.

Are Kingston that bad? Was going to ask what people recommended? I have just purchased a 4gb 266x card, is it worth trying to send it back?

Are Kingston that bad? Was going to ask what people recommended? I have just purchased a 4gb 266x card, is it worth trying to send it back?

I've had no problems with my Kingston cards. Kingston / Sandisk etc only make the "card" , they all buy the memories from the IC companies. You can't make 'cheap' silicon :)

*but some of the cards on ebay are copies made using "overclocked" lower speed / rejected chips.

and ive also just found out the d300 is only compactable with upto 8gb cards! ive really fudged up on this one :(

Being a nice friendly helpful kind of bloke, I'm willing to help you out by letting you pass the card on to me for the sum of five pounds, postage paid. :D

Hi All
I honestly dont want to rain on anyones parade, but I thought I would warn you on the amount of fake cards out there. I am not saying that these are fake, but the old saying if its too good to be true usually is. Have a look here
http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-SanDisk-Extreme-Compact-Flash-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001456539
and hopefully this will help you identify the fakes from the real ones.
I realise that this is an ebay warning, but it also should apply to any internet transaction.
Just my 2p :)

HTH

well mine came yesterday and i put it straight on ebay, sold it this morning with a tiny profit ( £5 ) but theres the same card on ebay for £128!

i didnt want to risk using it

I bought 2 4gb sandisks off ebay and Im 95% sure they are fake.
the packaging to the cards themselfs,also the pouchs are diffrent from the ones I have got before.

The box didnt have any seals on like the ones you get from play or a shop.
there is no number on the card itself
the card says Tm at the end of extreme where as my shop bought 8gb says R.
Plus my shop bought one has a serial number on it.

Any thought on this guys.
I have contacted the seller and will see if I get a reply.
He has 11000 feedbacks but it isnt real.???

Back