£19.99 Kingston 16GB 133X ELITE PRO Compact Flash Card

I bought 2 4gb sandisks off ebay and Im 95% sure they are fake.
the packaging to the cards themselfs,also the pouchs are diffrent from the ones I have got before.

The box didnt have any seals on like the ones you get from play or a shop.
there is no number on the card itself
the card says Tm at the end of extreme where as my shop bought 8gb says R.
Plus my shop bought one has a serial number on it.

Any thought on this guys.
I have contacted the seller and will see if I get a reply.
He has 11000 feedbacks but it isnt real.???

Yes - its a fake.

But this is the wrong thread to post in, its about Kingston memory cards, not fake Sandisk (very well known issue, see numerous Ebay guides on this)

Sorry,wrong thread.
But thanks anyway,I have been onto the guy.
Just waiting for him to get back at me or in 7 days I can start a paypal claim if he hasnt contacted me.

I know the 8Gb version works fine in the D200 but does not work well in the Fuji S5 Pro
It is really weird as I never thought there could be such incompatability issues with compact Flash cards.

I bought one of these cards off ebay for my D300 a while back and can report that i too get the CHA error, thought it was a faulty card till i saw this thread.

Ah well, in the for sale section it goes :D

Chris.

I bought one of these cards off ebay for my D300 a while back and can report that i too get the CHA error, thought it was a faulty card till i saw this thread.

Ah well, in the for sale section it goes :D

Chris.

If your selling I'd be very interested, I used the Kingston x133 with my A700 no problems and looking for another one. :wave:

I know the 8Gb version works fine in the D200 but does not work well in the Fuji S5 Pro
It is really weird as I never thought there could be such incompatability issues with compact Flash cards.

I remember canon releasing a new firmware for the 5d that allowed the camera to recognise larger capacity cf cards. Maybe nikon will do the same.

I use one in my d200 and its fine, ive filled it a few times with no problems. The only thing I have noticed is when viewing pictures on the LCD it is slower when scrolling through images but its not really a problem.

Back