10 stop filter for £2 - really :D

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
You guys certainly pick your time to buy all of my lenses. 2hours prior to the mad rush i found out i had picked up a virus and my ebay may have been compromised, talk about panic time.

I used to be an keen photographer and dabled in my dads darkroom we had in the loft.

I'll take my hats of to you guys using impovisation.

Regarding the prices going up it's far from the truth, i have 2500 of these damn things to get rid of so if you make me an offer of £1 each it will be accepted, cant do much on the postage though as that covers ebay fees as well.

My shop on ebay is darkmutton and my website is darkmutton.com, i can be emailed at dutt100@aol.com

i have a limited number of 9's but loads of 10's and 11's

Happy Shooting

Mark D
never mind the welding screens, check out the mini, awesome project (y)

Quick question, would an A series cokin holder for this work also or is it the wrong size?

Quick question, would an A series cokin holder for this work also or is it the wrong size?

No you need a cokin p holder if you get the 4 1/4 x 3 1/4 lens. search ebay for them, less that £4 delivered.

Just got a shade 9 and 11, needless to say, its handy working at the place I do :D
Thanks op great idea.

Great idea, just off to eBay!

Just got mine! The surface is quite badly marked though, are they all like this and will it matter? Guess its try it and see!
Still for a quid not complaining:)

Guy's well done for spotting this one is a great diy victory!!

Now one thing you need to address is light leaks and it just so happens I have the solution. (y)

When I brought the cokin infra red filter I had the same problem, so rather than buying a cheap cokin P holder and mucking about with sealants and rubber bands and so on I got the adapter rings for all my different size lenses and blue tacked the filter to the ring, you need a long sausage like bit rolled out, that way you just screw it in. you could also black silicone it on as well if you so disired.

Cheap as chips mate:LOL:

Depends, do you own a glass cutter?

:naughty:
I'm afraid not, I'm guessing a hacksaw would NOT work here! :D
No you need a cokin p holder if you get the 4 1/4 x 3 1/4 lens. search ebay for them, less that £4 delivered.
Cheers, I only asked because I've seen a few A type holders locally, but I'll go for the P type instead, even if it does take a little longer to arrive as it's being sent from China. :)

never mind the welding screens, check out the mini, awesome project (y)

Cheers for that, guess where all your £2's are heading

The screens are arriving now and as expected 1 or 2 mixups and 2 breakages upto now. If yours are not right please contact me for replacements, i'll get you all sorted with them in the end.

Mark D

Mine arrived, unfortunately I got 5 very small ones :p

I'll email you my details and a pic if you need one.

Mine arrived, unfortunately I got 5 very small ones :p

I'll email you my details and a pic if you need one.

You needed the 4 1/4 x 3 1/4 as I said in the first post, Darkmutton is where I got one of mine from. I also got another from here for a £1+90p PP :Linky Just make sure they are the required size ;)

No, it was the right size...

jztxxw.jpg

;)

Another of the "better late than never" brigade here... I have some ideas about a universal* lens fit :D

B.

* universal = universal for the three lenses I have ;)

Got any spare elastic bands? I can't use mine and I have no way of connecting it to the lens![/QUOTE

read my post for a very cheap and easy way of attaching it to the lens..(y)

Cheers for that, guess where all your £2's are heading

The screens are arriving now and as expected 1 or 2 mixups and 2 breakages upto now. If yours are not right please contact me for replacements, i'll get you all sorted with them in the end.

Mark D

I already have contacted you through ebay mate (jamesstone44)

I ordered 2 and 1 was broken... as soon as the weather picks up here I am off to try the good one :)

Yes, sorry guys i've had a few emails about them being broken. I need to try another way of wrapping them, i've tried bubble wrap in the past and a few were still broken. I need something light and cheap but thin enough to keep the packages below 25mm.

Dont worry though i'll get everyone sorted out with replacements but please bear with me i have names, addresses and shades coming out of my ears at the moment :help::help::help:

Yes, sorry guys i've had a few emails about them being broken. I need to try another way of wrapping them, i've tried bubble wrap in the past and a few were still broken. I need something light and cheap but thin enough to keep the packages below 25mm.

Dont worry though i'll get everyone sorted out with replacements but please bear with me i have names, addresses and shades coming out of my ears at the moment :help::help::help:

Mine arrived in one piece, thanks. You're doing a great job here darkmutton.

Was about to say bubble wrap, but then thought of another way (I've sent that via e-bay message), mine is the cunningly different user name of 'Hawker_photo' ;)

Just ordered one, great idea :)

You can get rolls of foam, it's about 1mm thick and a few layers would do a decent job.

http://www.packaging2u.co.uk/foamwrapSA05

Not sure how ecomonical it is thuogh, might have to bump up the filters by 20p or something :p (still, it's better than loads breaking in transit).

Regarding rough, sharp edges: having bought one glass from darkmutton and one from another ebay seller, and finally having received them, I can say that they are varying in the way the glass is cut. The glass I received from darmutton whilst great has a sharp edge so it is possible to cut yourself. The one I received from another seller has a polished soft rounded edge (like an edge of the car window glass). If anyone interested, the eBay seller name I bough the second one from is 1980tomo (although I cannot vouch that this seller sells all the glass like this or if I was just lucky).

lol, hard grad :)

I was sent 3 10's instead of the 9,10,11

I've spoken to the seller who has said he doesnt want them sending back

if anyone wants one drop me a PM (£1 donation to TP required)

It's not quite as cheap as you'd think. Especially now I've bought a MiG welder and oxy torch set to go with it....

Very good! :clap:

I'm guessing you didn't even pay for the rubber bands? they look like the ones posty chucks about eveywhere.
Really good idea, I'm off down my nearest welding supplier.

I was sent 3 10's instead of the 9,10,11

I've spoken to the seller who has said he doesnt want them sending back

if anyone wants one drop me a PM (£1 donation to TP required)

Well I was sent a 9 and 2 11's :LOL: Would you like to swap one? :)

Regarding rough, sharp edges: ...The one I received from another seller has a polished soft rounded edge (like an edge of the car window glass). ... (although I cannot vouch that this seller sells all the glass like this or if I was just lucky).

I have now got another one from this very seller (grade 13 this time - darker than 10s quite significantly) and can confirm that glass edges seem to be polished off. It looks very safe to use and impossible to cut yourself. Looks like a proper Cokin filter tbh...

Back