1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. john.margetts

john.margetts

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    How hard are you leaning on that film advance lever? You have a well engineered piece of German equipment - it only needs a gentle touch to advance the film.

Andysnap likes this.
  2. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Similar here once when you come to the end of the film and the wind on lever goes about 2/3rds of the way and you force that little bit more to get a shot..well I didn't ripped the film but ruined the camera and an expensive repair...lesson learnt and never done it again.

Andysnap likes this.
  3. Andysnap

Andysnap POTY (Film) 2015

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I know, I know. I'm bloody great heavy-handed oaf. :facepalm:

ChrisR and Mrs Snap like this.
  4. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It's no good, we'll have to get him a 126 instamatic. ;)

john.margetts and Andysnap like this.
  5. RaglanSurf

RaglanSurf Official Forum Idiot 2013 & 2014

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :banghead:

6. Strappy

Strappy

Name:
    Dean
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Bloody hipsters with their Lomo light leak photos ... :shifty:

RaglanSurf and Mrs Snap like this.
  7. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The joys of using a camera that you haven't used much...well being a filmie sometimes means you take shots put the camera away and forget what you'd taken. So took Chinon CP-7m out for a shoot and it showed 11 shots taken, well got to number 25 and thought I wont be greedy and settle for that on a 24 exp roll..AAMOI covered the lens and viewfinder and fired to see if I was near the end anyway and it went to 32 before stopping WTF.
    So had the film not wound on at some time (or whatever) h'mm I'll only know when the film comes back :(

8. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Now what sort of person would make a pig's ear of something as simple as putting a film in a camera? :wave: At least it sounds like you might have some shots on there. You didn't by any chance wind the film on by manually rotating the take up spool the wrong way like I think I did last time? Next time I'll use the film advance lever to wind the leader on, so it turns the right way. :eggface:

9. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well Mr Badger it's one of those cameras that winds on the leader automatically o_O The shots I was taking really needs a modern camera with shutter speeds that go for example 1000 to 16 secs (even on manual)... the KR 10-super is another one of those cameras Why? well using a flash off camera in between shutter timing and it's a bit inconvenient using a very long shutter cable and counting elephants with an old camera. :eek:
    Why I think of it:- get your cameras ready guys for fireworks....I think Diwali is on the 19th of this month, then of course the 5th.

10. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I see, in that case could the leader not have not caught and been picked up by the take up spool for a few frames? I've got a couple of those 'insert leader up to the orange mark' type auto-load cameras (EOS3 and a Sureshot Supreme compact) and I'm always a bit apprehensive that the film won't load properly, but it usually seems to. Ironically, it was my Canon A1 I made a dog's dinner of loading, and I've owned that getting on for 40 years, so no I've no excuse. I even used to load it while standing up in semi-darkness at music gigs; apparently now I can't even manage it sitting down in a well-lit café! :facepalm:

11. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    All will be revealed when I get the negs back :eek:

12. RaglanSurf

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So this does not strictly belong in this thread as no film was harmed in this sorry tale.

I was out yesterday taking my FPOTY shot for October, (I know this is a little early for me as it does mean I will hopefully get my films back from the processors before the last day of the month) and I decided to finish up some rolls in various cameras. So I took took the FE, the F100 and a couple of backs for the Hasselblad.

I had a great shoot and was feeling very positive on my way back home, sure I had something good in the bag for this month. Imagine my disappointment this morning when I opened one of the Hassy backs only to find nothing in it at all, not the wrong film shot at the wrong speed, not mangled, not wrongly spooled, not ripped to shreds, nothing, nothing, nothing. Oh FFS :banghead:

Andysnap, ChrisR and stevelmx5 like this.
  13. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That has to be the work of gremlins, Nick, no other logical explanation for it. ;)

RaglanSurf likes this.
  14. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Joe

Edit My Images:
    No
    I did that a couple of years ago. It was a lovely, misty morning and I was photographing things on the seafront. When the frame counter on my FE2 got to 41, I realised what was wrong!

Steve.

RaglanSurf likes this.
  15. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Look on the bright side, think what you've saved on the cost of film and processing! :D

16. RaglanSurf

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The daft thing is I’ve got into the habit of putting labels on to my film backs with either film ID or empty, according to my foolproof method I had a roll of Acros in one back and I swear in my head it had some of the best shots I’d ever taken!

ChrisR likes this.
  17. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Snip:
    They wouldn't have been as good as those shots I took at the Black Country Living Museum. ;):eggface::facepalm:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    RaglanSurf likes this.
  18. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Without getting the negs back seeing two jpgs from filmdev and they are double exposed..dunno why they didn't scan them all as I paid for them, but then maybe they are all blanks. When this happens to any of us we should learn something but when CP-7m worked perfectly before it's a mystery....the other mystery was the Nikon FM did the same thing but worked perfectly before and after...erm the common factor is me o_O:eek:,

19. MatBin

MatBin

Name:
    matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Canon ef-m is motorised, runs the film out on loading and winds it back in again after every shot. Agreed it's not high precision German engineering (or even high precision) but it might stop films getting ripped?

20. MatBin

MatBin

Name:
    matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You could always look to see if the rewind crank is turning :)
    All the world loves a smart......#
    Sorry.
    Matt

21. mdjchat

mdjchat

Name:
    Mathew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Not exactly ruined but...

I did my first ever bulk loading of film a few weeks ago. Loaded up 20 cassettes and trimmed the leader of each one. Anyhow I decided to use a roll earlier and realised that I have trimmed all the leaders upside down.

Lesson learned, don't bulk load late at night when you're knackered.

john.margetts and RaglanSurf like this.