weekly 2009, 2011, 2016! Kennysarmy's third 52 week challenge...

Very unusual subject Jeff - excellent for the theme. Strong contrasty b&w - great sky. (You must be reflected in there somewhere).

That's a great photo and well processed. Very sharp and clear reflections. What an unusual subject indeed.

Right behind the reflection of the walking man there are two more people reflected in the same segment of the mirror, one of them seems to be holding a camera...

Hi Jeff,
Big - Agree with the other comments about the processing suiting the image.
I like the effect in the sky too.
I'd like to see a different version without the chap in the foreground. Not saying that it would be better without him, but I'd like to see the difference.

After - Hmm, not sure about this one. The processing puts me in mind of an old instamatic image.
It also seems to be slightly on the tilt and could do with rotating a degree or two to the right.

Last edited:
Hi Jeff,
Big - Agree with the other comments about the processing suiting the image.
I like the effect in the sky too.
I'd like to see a different version without the chap in the foreground. Not saying that it would be better without him, but I'd like to see the difference.

After - Hmm, not sure about this one. The processing puts me in mind of an old instamatic image.
It also seems to be slightly on the tilt and could do with rotating a degree or two to the right.

Something like this?
Bristol Planetarium by Jeff, on Flickr

Hi Jeff. Like your interpretation for After; interesting to try and "read" the postures - a consoling or congratulatory pat on the back, the analysis huddle etc. Yes, like Tim, not overly keen on the processing but good composition.

Morning Jeff

Really like your image for After as Carl says its interesting to try and work out the result from the players postures. It really leaves you guessing.

With regard to the processing it has the feel of an old photo from an album or the club archives having spent a lot of time recently looking at my grand parents and great uncles photos and slides I quite like it to be honest.

I like the idea and the composition, but I'm not too keen on the processing to be honest.

Very inventive Jeff ... looks very Alien to me. Like the eyes as well as the punk hairdo. Excellent DoF.

Brilliant Jeff hits the theme perfectly!

Really like the uniformity of the bottles and the colours are great.

That's a great photo! And I'm amazed by the sheer quantity of bottles. I assume Faire is not produced by Unilever? :D

Brilliantly vibrant colours - like the bottom shelf best with it's POV giving a more perspective take. (Like the price too !!)

Alien ... good ... liking the colourful OOF BG and film reel framing.

Liquid .... nice one [I did one similar -tins of paint in homebase- for "colourful"]. This is colourful with good uniformity.

Some lovely detail in there love the grain and textures.

The B&W conversion is perfect for the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the detail and processing, Jeff.
Perfect for the theme.

Hi Jeff. I like the differing textured effects and the varied tones of the b&w treatment playing on those cracks and fissures. What are they?

You'll never make a spaceship out of all of them !!!
Good take on the theme.

Cracked - Like Carl, I'm wondering what they are. I wondered if it was a fence rotated through 90', but I've convinced myself it isn't now. Nicely sharp across the whole image.

Back