2009 Photo 52 - Join Us

I'd like to be in...

Used to do something similar at www.s3users.com - so there will be ideas there for topics there we can steal ;) ...as they've been doing it for over 80 weeks I think...

They allowed photos from the archives which I never agreed with.

Also I found the one week turn around a bit hectic - did nt give much room for planning anything - I always thought one week to post was fine but that the topic should be set one week before....

Just my thoughts...

I sorta got something sorted... Might need a little more work yet..

Also I found the one week turn around a bit hectic - did nt give much room for planning anything - I always thought one week to post was fine but that the topic should be set one week before....

Just my thoughts...

I sort of, kind of, in a way agree -I'm sure it could get hectic. But then, when I thought about it again, maybe the pressure will make me just get on and do it, give me a kick in the you-know-where - just what I need. :LOL:

Anyway I've shot this week's so I'm just trying to choose the least awful pic. Oh and my planning all went out of the window. :bonk:

Will post later. :D

Jean

I would llike to give this a go if it's not to late. As someone said earlier
just what I need A kick up the rear.
Ken

Wow even more...

Possibly, very very possibly.... ;)reflections you say... back later(y)

I take it you're going to join us (y)

Count me in! :)

Counted :D

I'd like to be in...

Used to do something similar at www.s3users.com - so there will be ideas there for topics there we can steal ;) ...as they've been doing it for over 80 weeks I think...

They allowed photos from the archives which I never agreed with.

Just my thoughts...

That's the idea of publishing the list of themes it allows you to sit down and think about each one in advance, there are 72 listed themes at the moment and 52 weeks in the year so you know about 3/4s will actually be picked.

However, there is nothing stopping you working a week behind. As I say in the first post - the rules you follow are up to you.

I would llike to give this a go if it's not to late. As someone said earlier
just what I need A kick up the rear.
Ken

Not too late - the last day for my week is Sunday so you have a day left, alternatively you can start next week if you want, (no reason why people can't join in as the year goes on.

I sort of, kind of, in a way agree -I'm sure it could get hectic. But then, when I thought about it again, maybe the pressure will make me just get on and do it, give me a kick in the you-know-where - just what I need. :LOL:

Anyway I've shot this week's so I'm just trying to choose the least awful pic. Oh and my planning all went out of the window. :bonk:

Jean

Glad to hear you've got your shot, as I've said to kennysarmy there is nothing to stop you from working a week behind if you want to get more thinking time in.​

The theme will always be announced over the weekend before the Monday and next week's theme will be drawn later today.

Yeah I'm in.... although the first topic is giving me all sorts of problems, I may have to end up with something that's a bit old hat... I was (am) going to try and be as creative as I can in this challenge as I think this is where I need to improve.

Jean

I completely agree with the bit in bold above - I don't want it to be too easy, the whole point for me is to challange myself and to keep things fresh.

I would love to join in too, ties in with my New Year's resolution to take more pics.

I have taken a few earlier today with the theme in mind and will start a thread soon.

i would like to join to if thats ok, would be good for me as im struggling at the moment this really may help :)

Done mine, finally:D

I'd like to have a go at this and shall post my poor attempt, I didn't like the rel=flection one when I did it in photography at school 30 years ago :D

Sounds good to me....

Don't know if you are still short of themes but what about Symmetry?

We currently have 72 themes so more than enough but I am happy to put it in the hat (if it's not already there, something in the back of my head thinks it might be).

What's your thoughts about adding a few RESHOOT cards - so that you can get a second attempt at a theme you've done before? I'm thinking this is a good way to show the level of improvement

Simon are you talking about taking the same shot again and trying to improve it or just another crack at the topic again? I'm not adverse to the idea but I quite like the original concept of a week to think of an execute a shot.

It's uncomfortable on this fence!:D

EDIT: I guess we can post anytime during the week, not limited to a specific day?

We currently have 72 themes so more than enough but I am happy to put it in the hat (if it's not already there, something in the back of my head thinks it might be).

What's your thoughts about adding a few RESHOOT cards - so that you can get a second attempt at a theme you've done before? I'm thinking this is a good way to show the level of improvement

Sounds to me like the 52 can just keep rolling we can add themes to the hat as we go and put themes back after a year, for the reshoot idea - just a thought :)

Simon are you talking about taking the same shot again and trying to improve it or just another crack at the topic again? I'm not adverse to the idea but I quite like the original concept of a week to think of an execute a shot.

It's uncomfortable on this fence!:D

EDIT: I guess we can post anytime during the week, not limited to a specific day?

I was talking about taking the same shot again in order to take what you've learned and demonstrate that you've improced. I take your point, that it is kind of moving away from the original concept. I do wonder if in a 10 weeks time we might all be wanting a well earned break in the pressure and would welcome a reshoot week.

As for yout edit: I won't be restricting when I post. If I think I've got the shot I'll be posting. However, I'm likely to wait until the weekend as this week I learned that the planned shot is not always best representative of the theme.

Sounds to me like the 52 can just keep rolling we can add themes to the hat as we go and put themes back after a year, for the reshoot idea - just a thought :)

Next year, we've not yet got to the end of Week 02 yet :eek: However, I am saving the theme cards for this very reason ;)

I thought the reshoot card idea would us to get some momentum and confidence from seeing how we've improved as well as potentially giving us a few "breaks" in the year to reflect and refresh but still completing a weekly shot.

I suppose a twist on the idea is to put some in and if one comes out we pull another theme and during that week we post 2; a reshoot and a fresh image - but that would be perhaps too much. But I suppose with this approach the choice could be there to pick either the reshoot, the new theme or both?

Alternatively I get back in my box and be happy with what we have :D

As for yout edit: I won't be restricting when I post. If I think I've got the shot I'll be posting. However, I'm likely to wait until the weekend as this week I learned that the planned shot is not always best representative of the theme.

Cool, I know the rules as such are up to each of us, just wanted to make sure as I have a shot and I'm not sure if I'll get another chance before the weekend(y)

Next year, we've not yet got to the end of Week 02 yet :eek: However, I am saving the theme cards for this very reason ;)

I thought the reshoot card idea would us to get some momentum and confidence from seeing how we've improved as well as potentially giving us a few "breaks" in the year to reflect and refresh but still completing a weekly shot.

I suppose a twist on the idea is to put some in and if one comes out we pull another theme and during that week we post 2; a reshoot and a fresh image - but that would be perhaps too much. But I suppose with this approach the choice could be there to pick either the reshoot, the new theme or both?

Perhaps we could pull two and people can then decide to revisit a theme or go for the new challenge. Some brave souls may even go for both(y)

Alternatively I get back in my box and be happy with what we have :D

Sounds like a good idea :)

I'm a bit confused. Is the idea that the Reshoot cards be drawn randomly with, or without the 'new' theme?

I like the idea of a Reshoot week and would be up for doing 2 piccies some weeks - ie a random-out-of-the-hat AND a Reshoot, but if the Reshoot cards are drawn randomly it's possible we could have a run of them which could defeat the objective (as I see it) of reshooting an earlier pic. The Reshoot might need a bit more time/planning and if they were coming thick and fast some of us (well, me, tbh) would be struggling. The smarter ones would be running out of reshoot material. :D

I apologise if this has been suggested in an earlier post - I've done a quick catch up but I'm tired and feeling the benefit of a relaxing Scotch - what about designating certain weeks as 'Reshoot plus whatever comes out of the hat', eg about every 8-10 weeks. We would then know in advance when the Reshoot was going to be posted and we would spend time on it, or leave it to the last minute, depending on the individual. :)

Jean

Thinking you'll go for both eh! Dedication that's what I like to see (y)

My thought was they would be in the mix and drawn at random. You're right that does give the risk of a a run of them and you are also right that this could possibly be counter productive. However, I was only going to add in about 5 RESHOOT cards and a rough guess we stand a reasonable chance of pulling 2 or 3 during the year and I think the chances of pulling a run of them pretty small (I could do the maths but I can't be bothered right now - I may do it later),

In any way, I suppose there are two ways of dealing with this

1) The way you suggest and have pre planned RESHOOT weeks at defined intervals.
2) Have a rule whereby there must be at least a 4 week gap between RESHOOTs so if one is drawn in week 10, and other comes out at week 13 it doens't count.

I suppose this only real difference in these two options is that option 2 contains some element of chance where as option 1 doesn't as we all know in advance what the reshoot weeks will be. With option 1 there is the the disucssion of how many of these options should we have during the year and when should the first one be.

I think if we go for option 1 we should have no more than 3 planned RESHOOT weeks, but personally, I prefer option 2 and keeping the element of chance (with suitable controls in place to prevent a run)

I have done my week 2 but been a bit busy and chaotic to post it up. I will do it today though :D

Hi guy's and girls. I'm a newbie to this site and just stumbled upon this post. i think this is a great idea. This is just what i need to get me using my camera more. If its ok with you all i would very much like to take part. When or how will i know what the new theme for the week will be, will it be posted here?

Hi kthursfield - welcome to the forum and the 52 party :)

each week simon posts a thread in the themes and challenges forum or you can PM him your email address to get them in your email.

This week is learning and if your feeling really dedicated the 2 you missed were reflections and history.
good luck

Back