Daily 365... why not

I like it Conor! Like you said, it's a shame your eye's in shadow but I like it all the same :) I, too, am looking forward to the reshoot :D

To say that your not happy with it I actually rather like it (y) it's very dark it's almost like your in deep meditation (y)

Can't beat a good dark moody portrait

Cheers all, let's see if I can do better in a reshoot later on in the year!

I haven't missed yesterday (if anyone has noticed!). I just haven't been home to upload yet. Should get 2 days of shots uploaded later on... although I have as yet to take todays shot...

8/365

Sometimes I see something utterly random I like the look of so I snap it. I really like this shot... don't ask me why! I would love to know why you think of it just to see what your tastes are. I shall take no offense if you utterly despise it, as I'm fully aware of my truly random taste in photography! But please be honest :)

General Randomness (8/365) by karmagarda, on Flickr

Last edited:
9/365

Hammersmith bridge. My new home. Funnily enough, I do like this shot, but again I want to reshoot it. This time it's simply to tweak the composition. If my tripod wasn't a currently 2 legged I would have had the camera slightly higher and probably positioned it in a slightly different location. But, you can't move a wooden post! So I'm still happy enough with this one.

Hammersmith Bridge (9/365) by karmagarda, on Flickr

Last edited:
I really like day 8, but, but, but the pictures aren't hung at the same level - my OCDness just couldn't let me live with that :)

Day 9, yes, I'd want to lose that tree that's sneaking in from the left :)

I agree with Sarah, I really like number 8 (the lamp is definitely needed imo), but everything has to be lined up perfectly! I'd also boost the exposure or brightness a tad to make the walls whiter.

Last edited:
I really like day 8, but, but, but the pictures aren't hung at the same level - my OCDness just couldn't let me live with that :)

Day 9, yes, I'd want to lose that tree that's sneaking in from the left :)

I agree with Sarah, I really like number 8 (the lamp is definitely needed imo), but everything has to be lined up perfectly! I'd also boost the exposure or brightness a tad to make the walls whiter.

Thanks! Interesting to hear your thoughts. Personally I like the fact they aren't level. I agree that the lamp is required, I probably wouldn't have taken (or gained interest) in the shot without it.

I'm must have OCD too as those pictures not being level would drive me nuts :LOL: bit a wonderful bit of art to have on the wall (y) I think that you've got the exposure right just about on the bridge, but I do think that you need to find a different vantage point as that tree/bush if far to dominant in frame for my tastes :shrug:

i like your Hammersmith Bridge shot Conor

Thank you!

I'm must have OCD too as those pictures not being level would drive me nuts :LOL: bit a wonderful bit of art to have on the wall (y) I think that you've got the exposure right just about on the bridge, but I do think that you need to find a different vantage point as that tree/bush if far to dominant in frame for my tastes :shrug:

I agree with you on the bridge shot. I don't mind the tree at the top left of the shot, I think it helps frame it. But the tree blocking the bridge is a tad annoying, which is one of the reasons I intend to reshoot. On saying that I'm still quite happy with it considering

Thank you!

I agree with you on the bridge shot. I don't mind the tree at the top left of the shot, I think it helps frame it. But the tree blocking the bridge is a tad annoying, which is one of the reasons I intend to reshoot. On saying that I'm still quite happy with it considering

The exposure looks great (y) with that as a starting point I'm sure you'll knock it out the park next time :D

10/365

Ok, so due to being lazy I definitely didn't steal this idea from another 365 thread on here doing office desk shots :cautious:... Honest guvna! *ahem*

Mouse by karmagarda, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice, but possibly not enough contrast for a mono conversion. The mouse is getting lost in the shadows.

In a 365 it's not plagarism - it's inspiration :D We need all the help we can get ;)

Nice, but possibly not enough contrast for a mono conversion. The mouse is getting lost in the shadows.

In a 365 it's not plagarism - it's inspiration :D We need all the help we can get ;)

It's not mono would you believe! I have a black and silver mouse pad :LOL:

Ooh like number 10 what a good idea, wonder where you got that :). Looks cool in a techy/geek/carbon fibrish way!

No 11. Er.... Stick to your desk pleaaaase :) Seriously though, I like it for thinking out of your box and taking the obvious that we look at everyday and playing with the idea - keep it up :)

Oh yuk - that is all ;)

:LOL:

Ok..now i am scarred!... seriously scarred!! lol

Scarred? How could that be possible after viewing such lovely feet :D

Hey I've never seen real hobbit feet before :)

:LOL: you're the second person who's said that!

Ooh like number 10 what a good idea, wonder where you got that :). Looks cool in a techy/geek/carbon fibrish way!

No 11. Er.... Stick to your desk pleaaaase :) Seriously though, I like it for thinking out of your box and taking the obvious that we look at everyday and playing with the idea - keep it up :)

Number 10 just came to me! Out of the blue! Honest guvna! :)

Thanks all, now let's see if I can put up a couple of serious shots for a change...

12/365

My home team in Ireland for the rugby is Connacht (sometimes also spelt Connaught. Both are correct, but the rugby team uses Connacht).

Connacht aren't the best at the rugby so due to being up against Harlequins we got an almighty hammering! 47 - 8. Freezing cold. But due to entering the game with realistic expectations a good day was had by all. I don't have an adequate lens for sport, so these 2 are the best I could muster:

Harlequins vs Connacht (12/365) by karmagarda, on Flickr

The next best I got was this:

Harlequins vs Connacht by karmagarda, on Flickr

Last edited:
13/365

One great thing about london is it can provide an awesome backdrop for some street photography / street candids. This was my favourite of today, I think it's somewhere in the middle of Street Candid and Street Photography (probably closer to just street candid).

St Pauls (13/365) by karmagarda, on Flickr

Last edited:
Some good shots so far - stand outs for me are the early bokeh shots esp the one with Xmas tree (I imagine) in the background.

Cheers

13/365

On great thing about london is it can provide an awesome backdrop for some street photography / street candids. This was my favourite of today, I think it's somewhere in the middle of Street Candid and Street Photography (probably closer to just street candid).

St Pauls (13/365) by karmagarda, on Flickr

I love love love this shot ... I shot something very similar last Jan whilst out with another member of the TP crew ... i think its still my favourite shot I have ever taken ...

Here's a mono especially for you Vince! I often convert these type of shots to mono, but in this instance I loved the warmth the sunshine cast across St Pauls.

8377636272_8a736d17d4_c.jpg

I love love love this shot ... I shot something very similar last Jan whilst out with another member of the TP crew ... i think its still my favourite shot I have ever taken ...

Thank you. It's hard to take a bad shot on that bridge. Such a beautiful view as you cross it.

Day 12 - the pile up is good - I found shooting sports really difficult too, I don't know how the pros do it it was all get the exposure right and hope some thing happens in focus for me :)

Love, love, love Day 13, beautiful tones and nice composition. St Pauls looks quite beautiful.

Day 12 - the pile up is good - I found shooting sports really difficult too, I don't know how the pros do it it was all get the exposure right and hope some thing happens in focus for me :)

Love, love, love Day 13, beautiful tones and nice composition. St Pauls looks quite beautiful.

Thanks Sarah! To be honest, street candids (or street photography in general) has become one of my favourite styles. I still find it quite daunting, especially when your subjects are up closer. But when I get a shot I like I find it so rewarding.

#13.... wow! extra wow that is stunning adored it colour and adore it mono.. gives a totally different feel for each..(y)

i love street photography and candid and certainly plan to do more soon... another trip into London is definetly on the cards:D

2 is a really cool shot :)

Thank you! That's one thing about bokeh, it's hard to not like it!

#13.... wow! extra wow that is stunning adored it colour and adore it mono.. gives a totally different feel for each..(y)

i love street photography and candid and certainly plan to do more soon... another trip into London is definetly on the cards:D

Thank you, much appreciated! I do like how the mono throws a whole different feel to the shot, but I still slightly prefer the colour myself.

Back