Daily 365... why not

Some great work there Conor, I love your wobbly (sorry will always be wobbly) bridge photos very nice in both colour and B&W (y) and I think that you've done well with the Rugby photo's a good vantage point there (y)

Some great work there Conor, I love your wobbly (sorry will always be wobbly) bridge photos very nice in both colour and B&W (y) and I think that you've done well with the Rugby photo's a good vantage point there (y)

Thanks. Shooting rugby with an 85mm made it slightly difficult. I really need to invest in something decent with a bit of reach to be honest.

And yes, it shall be forever the "wobbly" bridge!

Love day 13 (prefer the colour version) - the lines of the bridge, the two people passing each other - people behind but some space to the foreground, combined with the light - just really like this.

Conor ...love st Paul's... Next time motion to the lady to walk down the centre and it'd be perfect..offer her a coffee for her time.. ;)

Love day 13 (prefer the colour version) - the lines of the bridge, the two people passing each other - people behind but some space to the foreground, combined with the light - just really like this.

Thank you! It was strange, you know when you can see one of these moments about to occur... that's exactly what happened. We stepped up on the bridge and my first thought was, St Pauls lit up, lovely backdrop. Then I spotted this girl a bit ahead and she had a really nice hood on her jacket. So I thought, that'll make a good shot, let's just wait for her to walk by the people in front. And it developed into that shot.

There was a second that occurred a little later, but it didn't pan out nearly as good. It was missing the nice leading lines and (due to a prime lens) most of St Pauls was truncated from view.

Conor ...love st Paul's... Next time motion to the lady to walk down the centre and it'd be perfect..offer her a coffee for her time.. ;)

Hah! Just imagine! To be honest I quite like that she's off centre. I'm weird like that, I like things off the norm. A bit like the pictures on the wall I took earlier in my 365. They were originally straight but I didn't like it, so messed them up. I must be odd like that :wacky:

Hah! Just imagine! To be honest I quite like that she's off centre. I'm weird like that, I like things off the norm. A bit like the pictures on the wall I took earlier in my 365. They were originally straight but I didn't like it, so messed them up. I must be odd like that :wacky:

Are you the fridge guy Conor? ... We're all bit odd... But that was odd!!

Yes. I am that guy. I had to add the hammer to the shot to try bring some normality into it... :p

Much prefer this SP

Still dark but much better lit IMVHO of course :D

Its enough, good work:cool:

Aye, it'll do!

Much prefer this SP

Still dark but much better lit IMVHO of course :D

Thanks. Both are only ok though. Although I should mention this isn't quite what I was going for in the other SP. I'll have to revisit that one later on when I have lots of time to kill. Saying that, I got some ideas today that might work in that shot.

Liking the lightened version..but feel the edge of the umbrella is more a distraction and either you made a statement of the handle or brought the umbrella more into view... Just a thought... I've got rainbow umbrellas ..just the thing to brighten dull days....

Not at all sure which I prefer, need to see them side by side - very good though

I like this even if you are oh so sad lol!..... would prefer to see more umbrella in the shot or as kev said a statement with the handle maybe!

Good work tho(y)

Much prefer the brighter version, good one.

Anyone would think you were finding the weather a little depressing :cautious: that said I would like something other than grey skies :(

Liking the lightened version..but feel the edge of the umbrella is more a distraction and either you made a statement of the handle or brought the umbrella more into view... Just a thought... I've got rainbow umbrellas ..just the thing to brighten dull days....

Not at all sure which I prefer, need to see them side by side - very good though

the lighter ones definitely better, but I do think that cropping the brolly so much is just a little tight to me.

I like this even if you are oh so sad lol!..... would prefer to see more umbrella in the shot or as kev said a statement with the handle maybe!

Good work tho(y)

Thanks all. I did originally have more umbrella in the shot, but it didn't work so I cropped it out. I would have preferred a handle in the photo, but alas, this is a shoot through so doesn't have a handle :LOL:. I do agree with you guys though, it's missing something, but it was only meant as a filler anyway to get me over day 14. All the same maybe I'll mark this one for reshoot to see if I can do it justice.

15/365
Right. Disaster. I did take some photos today. But as bad as my other fillers were today took the biscuit. Mainly, cos I was far too busy. Had some work related stuff to finish off, had some flat packed stuff that needed assembly, and most importantly, had a very important snooze to squeeze in in-between all of that.

Anyway, how about a shot of my mate Mark?

My mate Mark (15/365) by karmagarda, on Flickr

Or another candid on Millennium bridge?

Girls on Millennium Bridge by karmagarda, on Flickr

No no, you're kidding me... you really want to see the shot I took today? Seriously? Very well then... have some bokeh or something...

Some Bokeh by karmagarda, on Flickr

Last edited:
You've done well there Conor, a little bit of bokeh goes a long way - what's not to like!

I love bokeh no matter what/where etc haha. Always a hit with me ;) And love the one of Mark!

I'd choose the one of Mark, really like the processing and composition

Nice shot of your mate Mark, it would be my favourite of the 3.

The processing on Mark is spot on.. love it!.... and i'm with Toni bokeh is just pure lush....:love:

You've done well there Conor, a little bit of bokeh goes a long way - what's not to like!

Thank you!

I love bokeh no matter what/where etc haha. Always a hit with me ;) And love the one of Mark!

I'm a bit of a Bokeh fanboy if I'm honest, just can't beat it!!

I'd choose the one of Mark, really like the processing and composition

Thank you! It's my favourite too.

Nice shot of your mate Mark, it would be my favourite of the 3.

Thanks! I think I'd agree

The processing on Mark is spot on.. love it!.... and i'm with Toni bokeh is just pure lush....:love:

Bokeh is just pure lush is right! You're not welsh by any chance?!? :p

Also, I had to re-edit the shot of Mark, because flickr sometimes does something stupid to photos after you upload them. It went and bumped all my reds for some reason. They've changed something in their processing recently which has become quite annoying. I'm tempted to move to something else until they fix it. :bang:

16/365

*yawn* ... I swear this was taken today... :exit:

Ok, as per the description in flickr, I'm invoking lenience rule 1: 365 *new* photos for this year...

I had a really crap day at work so I just don't have the energy to take a photo. Literally put the keyboard down about 20 minutes ago... ah who am I kidding, I'm still typing now... but at least this isn't work!

I'm going to bed. I'm only about 4 sentences in and I'm rambling... ZZzzzz :baby:

St Pauls (16/365) by karmagarda, on Flickr

God few photos there..your mate mark. Oof background and positioned to one side. Great!! St Paul's..feel the bridge could hAve played a bigger part at leading the eye on but you got blue skies so I'll shut up... Girls on bridge..remember you are allowed to ask for phone numbers of people you photograph...just in case of queries later... BUT bokeh bubbles!!!! Nuff said... (y)

Liking this very much - St Pauls and the bridge sure do have some mileage in them (y)

God few photos there..your mate mark. Oof background and positioned to one side. Great!! St Paul's..feel the bridge could hAve played a bigger part at leading the eye on but you got blue skies so I'll shut up... Girls on bridge..remember you are allowed to ask for phone numbers of people you photograph...just in case of queries later... BUT bokeh bubbles!!!! Nuff said... (y)

Thank you. Yes, agree with the bridge playing a bigger part. Only had the 85mm with me that day so I struggled a bit composition wise.

Now... why didn't I get phone numbers! :bonk: Oh yeah, hang on, the otherhalf would kill me... :LOL:

Liking this very much - St Pauls and the bridge sure do have some mileage in them (y)

Thank you! Although I have no more shots to fall back on so I gotta get a shot today :)

Back