52 from Dark Star - 26/52 Night 1 and Night 2

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Well here we go :) and in line with other folk what lessons did I learn?

1) You can try too hard to find a subject - I have noticed this reflection in our bathroom for ages and only at the last minute did I realise it'd be a suitable subject for this 1st week's 52 - I'd had CDs out and trays and all sorts before I 'tapped' into this one :)

2) Levels and contrast make a huge difference :) (I think I knew that anyway :))

1/52 Reflection

3187683452_2ce8bff90f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well you nailed the first one John, spot on. Glad to see you didn't have to 'faucet'

Andy

Yes that's a great start...congratulation:clap:

I like the blue in the shot...works for me(y)

Very nice John, as Spartacus said, that blue really makes the shot pop out. Good start and good luck with the rest.

Great start John, this has worked really well.(y)

I know what you mean about thinking to hard for a subject. I must have had six or seven ideas for History so far, not sure I'll use any of them though.

An EXCELLENT start to your venture. It's funny how you look at the same object day in and day out but you don't think about how it could offer photographic potential until it "hits" you.
I love the colour and reflection on the handle. Nice one, and all the best on your venture.

Thanks all for the kind comments :)

This exercise certainly makes you think :)

I like this a lot and it certainly looks like chrome!

loved this shot, can't wait to see your next one. Hope your history shot doesn't come from the bathroom too, that could be ugly!!

Thanks Ed and David - and my history will not be bathroom based :) Phew!

Thought I'd already commented on this. My head is in a strange place at the moment. Lovely exposure of a nice sharp image with good detail and a great reflection. Like the colours (y)

A great idea, very well executed!! looking forward to the rest of the 52 :)

Well done John. This makes two 52s that I'll follow with interest. You certainly seem to have tapped into the spirit of the exercise. Great image and love the blues.

Seems like you tapped into your creative side, John! ;)

Hannah, Russ, Paul and Janice many thanks for viewing and commenting :)

Maybe a prize for the best pun is required :)

Hannah, Russ, Paul and Janice many thanks for viewing and commenting :)

Maybe a prize for the best pun is required :)

Please remember John Cleese's three rules of radio comedy: no puns; no puns; no puns.

Great shot John (y) I can almost see the hairs on your shins in the reflections :LOL:. Glad to see you had your clothes on (or maybe not:eek:)

Thank Jill and you are the second person to think those are my legs :)

They are actually my arms :) I'm in a blue tee shirt! I was fully clothed at the time ;) Honest :naughty:

Simon, Andrea, Yvonne - cheers!

Not sure what I would do differently Simon - get out of the way perhaps :) I'll have a think :)

Ok week 2 History and its a personal history shot: James was born on 24th February '86 and April 2 years late(r) on 5th of April '88. Two great days in the history of our family :)

And how their wrists have grown :)

3206300514_d340551fb2_o.jpg

I found this a hard one this to get the colours and composition right - the newspapers have yellowed considerably and I think that shows :)

I tried B&W but wasn't happy with that so here it is as taken :)

Note that terrorism is on the front page of the '88 Standard - nothing changes does it :(

Last edited:
I like that idea...works really well for this subject.
Don't be so hard on yourself I think you pulled it off very well.:clap:

Oh, and James was born the day I turned 17 :D

I always thought you were much younger than that.

The image is a great idea and proves that you don't need to spell history with an upper case H. Another our of the box response, well done.

Good thinking on this one, John..... but
April was born 2 years late
I bet Suzanne had a hell of a labour!! :D :LOL: :bonk:

I really like that John, personal history might not be world shattering but its whats important to an individual.

Oh, and James was born the day I turned 17 :D

Thanks Yvonne -now you've given the game away :)

I like that idea...works really well for this subject.
Don't be so hard on yourself I think you pulled it off very well.

Thanks Marcus :)

The image is a great idea and proves that you don't need to spell history with an upper case H. Another out of the box response, well done.

Thanks Russ - it was one of 4 or 5 ideas and the last one at that :)

Good thinking on this one, John..... but
I bet Suzanne had a hell of a labour!! :D :LOL: :bonk:

Ha ha - thanks "eagle eyes" Janice ;)

Excellent shot John you have really pulled it off well, the papers look good as they are nice and old

Thanks Ruth :)

Nicely done John. Like the personal touch and nothing more emotional and beautiful than the journey you take and the history you make with your children :clap:

Excellent shot John. Quite a bit of history there. (y)

Back