52 from Dark Star - 26/52 Night 1 and Night 2

A poor excuse for not getting out John :D... I hope your arm gets better soon and I spose we ought to let you off ;). It works and fits the theme (y)

Not up there with previous weeks but it fits the theme well and as John says, we will let you off.

Hope you are on the mend.

Thanks chaps - and its a lot better now - I may yet reshoot this one :)

Tomorrow I drive to Newcastle and back to retrieve my daughter from Uni - my eyes will be peeled :D

As others have said, it may lack a little on your usual high standard, but it fits the theme. Well done for getting something in and I hope your arm is back to normal soon. :D

I actually really like it... you've handled the shot with your usual excellence and it reminds us that with the passage of time freedom is still hard to win and maintain...

Apologies all rather heavy.... normal service will be resumed soon.;)

Mark(y)

Shame I'm not close by. I do good massage and acupuncture, would have you right as rain in no time. ;)

Didn't know your daughter was at Newcastle, I used to lecture at Northumbria Uni.

Well done for getting a shot in in a difficult week and it definitely fits the theme. That kind of Freedom is something that most of us take for granted.

:clap::clap:

I'm saying nowt....that way I dont get into trouble ;) Like the theme though

Oh John mate sorry to hear about your arm...but with only one good arm maybe the rest of with get a chance to be up to your level...:D

Your Freedom shot is very good so fitting with this weeks theme and a brilliant effort on your part to get in your shot...:clap::clap::clap:

Get well so buddy...(y)

Well guys my sincerest thanks for the good wishes and the kind comments :)

The arm is much, much better now thanks and normal service is nearly resumed!

I owe many of you 52ers comments and I will endeavour to catch up this evening :)

Much catching up still to do so apologies to all you other 52ers and while I do it here is Night

Two from me this week!

I had a grand idea of slicing a series of shots of my garden up to get the gradual night fade but I couldn't get my head round it so copped out with this 'reflection of night' image :) Same shot about 5 hours apart last night

The 2nd I quite like - taken at 11:30 pm last night (so still in the week's frame :)) waiting to pick RobertP's daughter up from the station following her outing to see Take That

:) The young lady in the scene is my daughter April :)

Reflections of Night

3695060000_6aaa6e3f9e_o.jpg

Down in the Tube Station at (just before) Midnight

3694259131_3459ff1b90_o.jpg

John the first shot is clever and made me smile, then I studied it closer to check for similarities and differences (mad I know!!)

However, it is the second shot for me. The mood of the isolated station is enhanced both by the solitary figure, the way she is hugging herself (almost for comfort) and the night time scene. IMHO, it portrays beautifully a feeling that many women have felt at night!!

Wow - your garden looks terrific. :)

I like the sky in the night version, and I like the idea, but being nosey I want to see the detail in the foreground even at 11.30 at night! I know that's unreasonable - sorry. :(

I love the second shot. After several glasses of wine tonight, (a very, very long day!) the first thing that struck me was 'April was wearing exactly the right t-shirt to pick up the colour of the illuminated tube station sign' but what I really love is the composition - it's well up to your quirky, out of the box, togger's eye. :clap::clap::clap:

Jean

:clap: a really good pair of images John.

Like Jean, I would liked to have seen a bit more detail in the foreground in the right hand image (that's really tough to achieve though). The clouds whizzing through the top of the frame add a mysterious sense to it.

The second shot is the one for me though. I don't think I could verbalise why, but I don't need to as Jean has done such a good job of that :D...

Definitely the second one for me John :)

You can read so many things into it, what´s she doing there, what´s she looking at, what/who is she waiting for, is she safe. :clap::clap::clap:

Good exposure and great composition (y)

I'm not to sure about the first night shots...:thinking: I can see what you were after but not sure you managed to get it across...

but the second one is a great shot with lots to take in and it gives a feel of true isolation at night... I like...(y)

I prefer the second of the 2 shots, although the first is a good idea the second just brings back too many (happy) memories for me (y)

I think the first would need a stronger scene to pull it off, very creative idea though.

The second is a better pic, the roof and pavement lines are strong and well composed in the pic.

Oops missed this one, sorry John. I like the Tube Station shot, off now to find my Jam CD's !;)

Thanks all for the comments - I agree the 2nd is the stronger shot - the first...well I didn't want to waste my efforts :D doesn't quite work I agree :)

I'm glad the 2nd worked for all of you :) Highlight is gonna be late btw :(

Not up there with previous weeks but it fits the theme well and as John says, we will let you off.

Hope you are on the mend.

I'm with Hyster on Freedom but well done for getting the shot in ;)

Thanks all for the comments - I agree the 2nd is the stronger shot - the first...well I didn't want to waste my efforts :D doesn't quite work I agree :)

I'm glad the 2nd worked for all of you :) Highlight is gonna be late btw :(

...and I agree with you re Night. Really like the composition and atmosphere of the second shot :clap:

Thanks DS :) Much obliged and now I pass the baton of delight over to part two of this photographic year which can be found here

See you there :)

Back