A Cautionary Tale

Well if this thread is still going.... Let's go back 6 years.... You can blame the front page posting of this thread for my discovery of it...

Didn't have a film camera, but did have a problem with.... tides... :runaway:

Caption contest anyone?

LwYWrW4.jpg

yMe3i1u.jpg

Haha!! He was hit by a wave whilst taking photo's during Storm Frank last week!! I shouldn't let him go anywhere near the sea without a responsible adult ;):ROFLMAO:

I have only just seen this and it made me laugh (sorry Andy) but it's brightened up a dull miserable day.

To use a famous football chant.

Andy Grant he walks on water, na-na-na-na-na the b*st*rd sank.... :D

It could happen to anyone .....

... And they would all come on a public forum and admit it!

Well I do like to give my friends a chuckle.... about every 3 or 4 months. :D

I see it as my civic duty to warn people of the dangers.

The thing that annoys me most is that when I drove over to the island there were no signs warning of the tide times..... they sneakily put them up in the 6 hours I was stuck there, very unfair. :whistle:

The thing that annoys me most is that when I drove over to the island there were no signs warning of the tide times..... they sneakily put them up in the 6 hours I was stuck there, very unfair. :whistle:

It's the moon's fault:D

Andy -. As you , rightly point out there is not a lot t do on the Isle! Putting the sign up in a variety of cunning ways is the main occupation of residents! There is a rota and family honour at stake for the most inconspicuous signage!

Seeing as Easter may be looming on the horizon, when folk will do all sorts of strange things, I thought this was worth a quick revival (also, it was on p2 or p3, can't have that!).

It's still a wonderful reviver, thanks @Andysnap !:banana::)

Seeing as Easter may be looming on the horizon, when folk will do all sorts of strange things, I thought this was worth a quick revival (also, it was on p2 or p3, can't have that!).

It's still a wonderful reviver, thanks @Andysnap !:banana::)

Yes I believe that Holy Island is known to look beautiful at this time of Year, particularly when surrounded by a high tide:ROFLMAO:

We could always have a f&c rally round to buy Andy a tide table:D

I thank you.....:woot:

Im just sitting here in devizes waiting to get tipped and otis is singing on the radio ."sittin on the dock of the bay watchin the tide roll my way " ( I may have misheard the last bit tho ) anyway it reminded me .............

:mad::punch:

I wouldn't normally go anywhere near the Daily fail but...

2A8C401700000578-3162129-Experts_believe_the_elaborate_weapon_could_belong_to_one_of_King-a-26_1436956613223.jpg

I had MrsMcG read this thread as a warning for her too.

After I explained that this incident occurred in 2014 and that it keeps surfacing she's decided we're all evil.

Obviously a very wise woman. (y)

Did Andy ever tell you about the time he went to visit the Holy Isle and only found the tide times when he was on the Island?
I won't spoil it. I'll leave for him to tell it some time.

Last edited:
Did Andy ever tell you about the time he went to visit the Holy Isle and only found the tide times when he was on the Island?
I won't spoil it. I'll leave for him to tell it some time.

I think I'll save that one for my autobiography :D

You will be happy to learn that all is well, no major incidents to report. We decided to stay inland this year just to be on the safe side. ;)

I'm not sure we should allow him to go on the F&C holiday to Cornwall. We're staying right on the coast. He'll probably get stung by a jellyfish or eaten by a shark or something :whistle::D

If you wrap @Andysnap in enough bubble wrap and with separate breathing apparatus so he can't inhale a bee I'm sure he'll be fine...

I'm sure you've got his life insurance up to spec already though Jan, you know....just in case ;)

You mean he's actually worth something?:p

I wish I'd been aware of that last Oct........I missed my chance down at Liverpool docks:exit::D

You're all very mean boys and girls and I'm telling my Mum on you.... :p

If you wrap @Andysnap in enough bubble wrap and with separate breathing apparatus so he can't inhale a bee I'm sure he'll be fine...

With that lot on, might he then be vulnerable to members of Greenpeace trying to drag him back into the water after mistaking him for some sort of beached marine mammal?;)

With that lot on, might he then be vulnerable to members of Greenpeace trying to drag him back into the water after mistaking him for some sort of beached marine mammal?

Won't be the first time that's happened to me on a beach, I often have to move to let the tide in. :D

Who said anything about Andy being valuable? Replacement Wista's don't come cheap...

We should perhaps be careful, if we give him much more grief he might replace it with an AK47! And before anyone goes down the obvious banter route, no he wouldn't take better photos with one of those!

Back