A challenge for the days ahead: Just a chair (OR CHAIRS!)

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Right.

I'm bored. Bored out of my skull. For whatever reason, getting a few weeks off work has had the opposite effect of what I had imagined. Instead of being full of beans, and running everywhere with my camera, I have felt trainwrecked. I think my body has said "Thank god, a rest" and my mind has followed suit.

Well no more. I have decided to create a wee challenge for whomever wants to enter. Before Sunday Evening, thats almost a week, present up to 3 of photos of a chair (or chairs). Yup, a chair (or chairs :LOL:). Any chair (or chairs :thinking:) you want, one rule - it must be an interesting photo. No snaps, no half arsed attempts. I want you to think outside the box, and think about how you can take the chair (or chairs!), and really nail it as a photograph. Also PP should be reasonabley low key. No copying a chair (or chairs ;)) and sticking it in outer space etc. Just keep the PP in the realms of photography, and less in the realms of clipart cut and paste :D

No submissions until 8pm Sunday evening please. We do not want anyone thinking ideas were stolen etc.

Lastly, new photos only! :)

Hell, if it gets me doing something before returning to work on Jan 5th, has to be a good thing!

Who's playing? :D

Gary.
PS - not a completely original idea, have seen and commented on a similar challenge elsewhere. However, this thread and idea has been in my mind for days, way before seeing the other one.

I'll play mate, but as I'm in Exeter untill friday evening, I wont be able to take any shots untill then. Will keep an eye out for this thread though :)

PS - no submissions until 8pm Sunday evening please. We do not want anyone thinking ideas were stolen etc.

Have fun! :)

Gary.

I cannot wait to see the works of art we come up with, that day, is the day this thread shall shine forever more!

Gary.

Gary, I suppose there's no limit on the number of images submitted? No chance it could be kept to, say, 3 per entrant? The street thread was taking an age to open/load.

BTW I'm in, but this is going to take some thinking about. My head hurts already.

Gary - I agree with above. Loved looking at the street thread but there were sooooo many to choose from!

And I am IN! My very first TP Challenge!

Thanks for setting this up! (y)

present a set of photos of a chair. Yup, a chair. Any chair you want, one rule - it must be an interesting photo. make your mind up -- a set of photos of chairs -- or just one photo of a chair :geek::geek:

OK, lets call it 3 per person then.

My head also hurts, a lot :D

Gary.

present a set of photos of a chair. Yup, a chair. Any chair you want, one rule - it must be an interesting photo. make your mind up -- a set of photos of chairs -- or just one photo of a chair :geek::geek:

Chair, Chairs, Thousands of Chairs... use your imagination, the forum will pick the winners, so if you choose wrong, its no biggy :D

Gary.

Updated :D

:geek::geek: good idea Gary, so who knows what they are going to shoot yet?

A table?

Good idea, if someones sitting on it its then a chair

I'll probably be up for this.

If I get this sodding coursework done...

Back