A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. Discussion. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10

:LOL: thanks for all signing up :)

Fair point on the cheese Scott. Are you in?

And I bet you can't tell I have a degree in marketing :) I need to use some cheese every now and then. And I wanted this thread to be evocative and get the forum's photographic power united in one place.

Last edited:
:LOL: thanks for all signing up :)

Fair point on the cheese Scott. Are you in?

And I bet you can't tell I have a degree in marketing :) I need to use some cheese every now and then. And I wanted this thread to be evocative and get the forum's photographic power united in one place.

Yeah I'm in - it does sound like a bit of a marketing title ha ha.

Sweet dude. Glad to hear it. Will it be a work shot do you think?

Oooh a shot taken at work, there's an idea I hadn't considered:) :thinking:

Shot 1 going to work
Shot 2 coming home from work
Shot 3 recovering from work
Shot 4 going to bed ready for next days work

hmmmmm.....challenging :bang:

Think i maybe on holiday for a long weekend but if not then i will be taking part

take one picture that represents your photographic passion. The subject can be absolutely anything you like so long as it is taken at that specific date.

Each member will only be able to submit one shot; a shot that defines their passion and favourite subject matter. Your submitted image will be to the best of your ability; to demonstrate your skill, technique and how TalkPhotography has helped you develop.

Now that's a tough brief! I think I'm in but I have no idea A) how to sum up my passion in photography in one image, B) what my favourite subject matter is and C)how to ensure that I do so to the best of my ability. This is going to take some serious thinking. I'm going to have to find some inspiration in the next month!

Last edited:
Shot 1 going to work
Shot 2 coming home from work
Shot 3 recovering from work
Shot 4 going to bed ready for next days work

hmmmmm.....challenging :bang:

I thought the rules said 1 shot per tog? :rules: Maybe one of those funny multiperson shots, leave the camera setup and do all 4 on the same pic?

Much better idea to change the time frames - would hate to be disqualified for taking a pic at 05.59 ;)

(indeed it may be on Kodachrome, so will need a round trip to Dwaynes in Kansas :shrug:)

I hope not mate, they processed the very last roll a week or two ago. No more Kodachrome to be processed anywhere now worldwide :crying:

Interesting project though Smoothedit, I'll try to shoot something, kids permitting!

Hey Smooth,

Got your PM and went through this thread, and I have to say it's a lovely idea.

Yes, count me in (y) on this one :).

I hope not mate, they processed the very last roll a week or two ago. No more Kodachrome to be processed anywhere now

The last roll was indeed processed a couple of weeks ago - that is, the last roll PRODUCED was processed by dwaynes. However, they'll be accepting films up to the end of November from europe, and will be processing everything that is recieved at Dwaynes direct before noon on the 30th December.

Just as well - as I keep agonising over what to take on MY last ever roll - it's been tying up the EOS-3 for the last 2 months now :LOL:

I thought the rules said 1 shot per tog? :rules: Maybe one of those funny multiperson shots, leave the camera setup and do all 4 on the same pic?

Rules only say to post 1 shot.....not how many to take throughout the day ;)

Will try and remember :thinking: as this sounds rather interesting a project.

A few years ago I took part in the Trail 100 a cgrity event for WaterAid; the aim was 100 mountains in Britain to have teams on top between 12 and 2pm on a specific day. So I like the concept of a large group of strangers pulling together to create a single outcome. :clap:

All I have to do is remember what day it is :confused:

Eeexcellent. Thanks Wail, Tina, John, Sue :)

Thank you to all of you so far who have signed up! You are the creme de TP :D

Last edited:
I'm drawing a complete blank for this one. Any recommendations for finding inspiration? Just browsing flickr is letting me down.

Hey Jamie. What's your favourite subject to Tog?

What a cool idea. The 30th is our due date so with fingers crossed I already have an idea about my submission.

Wow Si that has come round quickly!

Good timing! :D

Glad to hear you are taking part (y)

Hey Jamie. What's your favourite subject to Tog?

That's a tough question. One I probably struggle with more than I should. I tend to like a documentary style of people or city life although I don't regard it as an area I'm very good at. Trouble is I know on that date I'll be in the countryside with nothing like that to point my camera at so I'm going to have to come up with something different.

i think i can too put my 2 penith into this as im off work, just now need to decide what im doing.....can the photo be submitted the next day due to ps editing or does it have to be the same day.....im taking into traveling time aswell lol

great idea though :D

.....can the photo be submitted the next day due to ps editing or does it have to be the same day.....

Or a little longer timescale for those of us who shoot film???? If I'm away for the bank holiday, I don't really want to have to take a box of chemicals and a scanner with me in order to submit on the day! As I said earlier, I'd really like my shot to be on my last roll of Kodachrome, so that would have a round trip to Kansas via Lausanne to negotiate as well...

Last edited:
I will allow time for those of you brave people using film :)

Hopefully have an unveiling of the slideshow a month or so later. We want to get this right and have a non rushed rsesult (y)

A very good Monday morning to you all TP'ers.

Just to confirm - I will be putting the slideshow together for a month or so after the 'TP Day' so there will be plenty of time for those who are shooting on film.

Has anyone formulated any plans for the day yet?

Yup, got an idea I want to try out.

The day in question (30th Aug.) is a Monday, middle of the week here, I'll have to run-off before sunrise otherwise the Ms. will have me run errands all day. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do; let's see if I can get the lighting right before then ;)

Smooth, this is a top idea and I will be taking part. As it happens I will be in the New Forest that day so spot on for my favoured area of photography i.e landscapes.

Andy

Yup, got an idea I want to try out.

The day in question (30th Aug.) is a Monday, middle of the week here, I'll have to run-off before sunrise otherwise the Ms. will have me run errands all day. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do; let's see if I can get the lighting right before then ;)

Cool Wail! Fantastic to hear that not only will we be getting a early morning shot to start the day, but also to get one from sandy climes! Go International TP!

Smooth, this is a top idea and I will be taking part. As it happens I will be in the New Forest that day so spot on for my favoured area of photography i.e landscapes.

Andy

Wahey! Cool to hear you are on board Andy. NF is a superb place for landscapes and I am glad it coincided with a trip there!

The real challenge there is to get a landscape without a horse in it :naughty:

I'll most probably be shooting football which I can't post.. but I'll come up with something before kick off :) Great idea!

Edit - oh, it's a Monday... should be easier :D

:D has Monday night football not got you busy then?

Nice to have you signed up Phil.

Sounds like a great idea, i think i'll take a landscape shot probably in the evening to capture the sunset(y)

Wish it was the Sunday...I'll be at Cadwell Park for the BSB qualifying but have to work Monday so as my passion goes it may be a home studio shot.

Argh. Sorry Scott. We went for the bank holiday to get as many people as possible off of work.

Home studio shoot sounds good :)

Argh. Sorry Scott. We went for the bank holiday to get as many people as possible off of work.

Home studio shoot sounds good :)

It's the opposite for me, my factory uses a few bank holidays through the year towards our Xmas break. Anyway a challenge is a challenge so thinking cap on (y)

It's the opposite for me, my factory uses a few bank holidays through the year towards our Xmas break. Anyway a challenge is a challenge so thinking cap on (y)

Used to be the same for me in my last job - worked for an Ice Cream Company... Bank Holidays (other than Xmas/New Year) were the busiest days of the year, not a chance of getting them off! Thankfully, I'm well out of that now :LOL:

Used to be the same for me in my last job - worked for an Ice Cream Company... Bank Holidays (other than Xmas/New Year) were the busiest days of the year, not a chance of getting them off! Thankfully, I'm well out of that now :LOL:

I can't complain too much, we get 1 week off Easter/June/September/Xmas and I have 11 flexi days as well. :D also with zero overtime I NEVER work weekends :cool:

Back