A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. Discussion. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10

Was on site at 5.30ish. Hoping for a nice red sunrise. No joy, but will post something this evening.

Got to drive to Gillingham soon, don`t expect anything from me..........:bang:

Holy Moly! The sunrise gang are doing some superb stuff! What a start!!!

Nicki - have sent you the full email address and updated OP with it.

Ade - hope you get chance for a shot matey. :)

Some great shots already! When is the deadline to put the images onto the thread? As I might not be able to do it today.

Some great shots already! When is the deadline to put the images onto the thread? As I might not be able to do it today.

Hi Liam,

We have some people who are shooting on kodachrome who will need to get their images developed in the US of A and will take a few weeks.

With that in mind could all images please be submitted by September the 20th or sooner please?

Also for you film guys and girls - I hope this is enough time - please let me know if it isn't.

Hi Liam,

We have some people who are shooting on kodachrome who will need to get their images developed in the US of A and will take a few weeks.

With that in mind could all images please be submitted by September the 20th or sooner please?

Also for you film guys and girls - I hope this is enough time - please let me know if it isn't.

Ahh, that will be perfect looks like I can shoot some colour then :D

I assume its one image per person?

1 image per person. Final entry to be posted in the entries thread and full res emailed to TPMoment@smoothedit.com for the slideshow/possible book.

All - I have added a request to the OP for everyone to also send the location of the shot along with their username and time it was taken. Will be interesting to see how far and wide TP spreads and to see how close everyone is!

Hey again - just to clarify - could you send the full res version by email - we will then scale as necessary for the slideshow, but also there is the possibility of a photo book being made so we will need a suitable high res file please.

Hey smoothie :D I've been offline for a while and im back!! Im passionate about my work (well it does pay for my house!) so its a work shot for me - something I've never tried before!!

Hope this project will be super sucessful (y)

And once again thank you for the planning (and cheesy title!) :clap:

Thanks for all your support guys and gals. :D

I am just off out now to visit lots of places to try and nail my shot.

If there are any other queries then chuck me am email or message me on facebook: www.facebook.com/Mattmanuk as it then goes to my phone and wont be hard to spot amongst the entries!

Cheers and good luck all!

Last edited:
OK pic up loaded and Smoothedit should have the email - let me know if you haven't :D

Ooo wow! Our first Monkeh's!

Nice work Ruth! I swear yours look like they smile more than mine?!

Monkehs! Now why didn't I think of that? I remember when he took over the forum. :)

I'm uploading my shots at the moment. Hope I have something to enter. Still got 9hrs to try again if not.

Maybe I'm missing the point but most of the entries so far are very dissapointing - they could have been taken on any day. I'd like to have seen pictures that were more specific to something happening in the life of the photographer - or something witnessed by the photographer - today.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing the point but most of the entries so far are very dissapointing - they could have been taken on any day. I'd like to have seen pictures that were more specific to something happening in the life of the photographer - or something witnessed by the photographer - today.

Yes, I think you are missing the point...

from first post...

With that in mind the challenge will be to take one picture on the 30th August 2010 (the summer bank holiday so most will be able to take part) that represents your photographic passion with one image.

So - it's about encapsulating what the particular person enjoys about photography, in short - its about the person not the day!

Yes, I think you are missing the point...

from first post...

With that in mind the challenge will be to take one picture on the 30th August 2010 (the summer bank holiday so most will be able to take part) that represents your photographic passion with one image.

So - it's about encapsulating what the particular person enjoys about photography, in short - its about the person not the day!

Not sure about that - it was all about today - not much passion in these pictures either.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photo you enter then Andrew :) Full of passion and all about today, yes?

I won't be posting - too busy - doesn't mean I can't comment though.
It's not a bank holiday in Scotland!

Last edited:
I'm still at work... it's a cracking day up here west of Glasgow though, not a single cloud in the sky. Less than an hour I'll be out of here camera in hand.

Just got in and in need of a long soak before I can even think about looking at what I've taken.

6 miles (half of it up hill), 4 hours (lots of stops to admire the view) and now aching like never before.

Don't know about passion but I've put myself out to try and do something I've always wanted to do since I couldn't do my first love.

Well I've posted my entry. Keeping in mind 'Photographic passion', I hope it fits the bill.

Likeing all the entries so far.

I might get a shot on the way to work later (I start at 23:00) but other than that the only shots I have taken today are in my study of my new collection of dark room goodies! I don't think that they quite fit in with the theme. I will see what I can get later though and post tomorrow afternoon.

Posted mine
Represents my passion and reason for getting into this lark in the first place:LOL:

Liking everything so far, looking fwd to the rest(y)

the sun is shining, the weather is sweet.
Bite to eat for dinner then off I go with my camera to shoot what I am PASSIONATE about! :D

Entries are looking good so far with plenty of variety!

Smooth - if a photo book is made would it be something that can be purchased by a TP member?

The photo book has been brought up as a possibility by Matty in the other thread. I think it is a cracking idea and definitely one we should look in to. If it does go ahead then I think it will be a branded TP Day book that all members can buy.

I've only just seen this. I've posted my entry from some shots I took today (boring but hey ho).

I won't be able to email the high res image until tomorrow night as we're away at the moment.

Lisa

I've only just seen this. I've posted my entry from some shots I took today (boring but hey ho).

I won't be able to email the high res image until tomorrow night as we're away at the moment.

Lisa

No worries Lisa! Everyone has until the 20th Sept to send in the full res versions.

:D

Back