A day in your life Challenge 30/08/21 (Open thread) Now Open

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
We've not run one of these for quite sometime.
For those of you not familiar with this challenge,
the idea is you take a picture, on Monday 30/08/21 ( its a bank holiday) and post it in here.

Ideally taken as close to mid day as possible, but it starts anytime after 00:01 until 23:59 on that day.
Obviously the thread will remain open after Monday, to give people the chance to
process the images, be that Digital or Film.

It doesn't matter what it is, maybe where you are, what you are doing or just something that grabs your attention at that time.
There are no prizes, just the satisfaction of getting your camera ( or phone) out and taking part.

Its a typical bank holiday Monday here.
Damp dull and drizzly..

C3PO said:
When someone is thrown into the Sarlacc pit, they endure indescribable suffering as they are "slowly digested over a thousand years".

OK so its just a Dahlia with a fly..

002.jpg

Last edited:
Taken this morning at 2nd of 3 car boots. First film through an Olympus Mju V I bought for £4 (including battery) at yesterday's 4th car boot. All on FP4 Plus developed in ID11 1+3

All sorts of stuff

y4mGJAhz5NFGn8nv-e9YeQSimPvVood_PJrKHo1lq_0nueBTOgPDKKOvPxk4TJFE6iSX6cVoUbhgsxaf3rz3jj4aPH2bwhHuj_hr7M5VmDVdOiEE00yaUZ7Th6eXnzcfb4XxbPVtvNe-d6h9wzcnwEeo1ou3juqk-bG4TgO5ByzpjXWH047aBrgqmPnSgi7jEG8

Some folks charge an arm or a leg

y4m9Tzhi7nL6St89bZhh1xP_XtIpvAGbruda-5CTibGz6Jh0eCV6dWD3NJ56JocyCiitCsKD1wVNudCrMIKOC-1O2y99UfWl72oCEZlHx4rQqEw9GDkUg3PgdVshTITrHT_-kqSgHN2MHrgcnOgCmNV-dvm21A4c_oGTxl7BZJo3Oz7hF4HbfkYNDB9myFwT1Bj

One way to grab a bargain

y4mmRFWrQHUIVLU6rlNrI9MQvR4zRYknRPOhk8GO9B_K4RkTdI5LlMFsduJA658_r1iOHo4VtWbxK6pmdcTRma1ZbhV1srx6Xdkxu0nRmpXCdDNS-UQNjof_C0j1uiLLLGJXkdWg5kJiGJ3KzMtSygFnfvd89ZEqfKX2Lh9gctYI97lwwFdhe4sBGii_-weFW5r

Another way, and I did remark to Baldy about Social Distancing

y4mErGed41t7CILMsUUQY3LigIfyvq2OmiYvrv-Ze-T7YfUdFybR2OtBWTLNk5t4djuFmOuoSzVMCbziAy6ow1Td9trP4eWRxFYf1RFxk0WzG1CCEg3ejLkyOkXe4gcrFj3Ka_AJhOagDcO-FfNNf2eejIN-2poApIVn5pK8dnsopuAUUGm_fLS1L7xsEKUNpa_

Only saw one film camera I'd have liked but chap wanted £90 !

Last edited:
As close to noon (UK time) as I managed.

Internet access here limited...

Firstly, some ICM complete with dust bunnies!

DSCF0136.JPG

and an aggravated swan - a couple of gypsy brats were hassling the geese and the swan was chasing them the other way. Made sure swan was settled after telling the brats they were stupid little s***s (about the extent of my Greek cursing!) then got my shot.

DSCF0146.JPG

Went out this morning hopping to get some candids at a ham radio rally, but it was dull and drizzling and I didn't bring the right lens!
So reverted to chores when I got back:
210830-My Day.jpg

I’ve been a bit run off my feet at work today but thought I ought to make the effort to take part so here’s my (slightly rushed) shot. The dodgy mono conversion is due to the horrible low energy sodium lights combined with natural light causing a bit of a white balance headache that I haven’t got the energy to sort tonight :)

Work today by James, on Flickr

Mrs H with Lavender, our friendliest chicken. It's become a proper hobby for her and she loves the girls. Lavender came to us in a bit of a state and we had to give her a bath in the sink and hand feed her for a bit. She even got a bed in a box by the fire. Whenever she's in the coop, my wife will stop and pick her up for a cuddle. Missed focus but that's about normal for me these days...

RB67 on HP5 Plus (taken on 30th, scanned today)
2021-08-31-hp5at400-rb67-08.jpg

Back