A few recent Skye images

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A trip up to Skye for the first time in 18 months a couple of weeks ago, the plan was to really avoid most of the typical locations, due to the fact I've done them all to death for the past 11 years, and to avoid people for the most part. A pretty successful trip in terms of images, here's a few after the first quick scan through of the 8 days, but even more successful due to just loving being there and doing more walking for locations than roadside shooting....in no particular order, and the first being the final image made on the way back home in Glencoe...

Glencoe waterfall by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Old Man of Storr by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Neist Point by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Kilchrist by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The Headland by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Dead Tree Alley by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Skye by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Skye Stacks by Martin Steele, on Flickr

That's a strong set Martin, almost impossible to pick a stand out image.

2, 3, 4 and 5 are my favourites I'd say.

If they were my shots they would be up on the wall very fast.
All totally excellent shots with no real favs from me.
I've seen many shots from this place but yours are on top form.
Thanks for sharing.

Wow, they're all awesome.
These must be among the best Skye images I've seen....
My favourites would be old man of Storr, Neist Point, skye Stacks, skye stack and the boathouse.....

Last edited:
What a fabulous set of images. It's a real plaesure to see shots taken of more unusual and less frequented locations.
However I think my favourite would have to be no 2, but overall an outstanding set.

Last edited:
A trip up to Skye for the first time in 18 months a couple of weeks ago, the plan was to really avoid most of the typical locations, due to the fact I've done them all to death for the past 11 years, and to avoid people for the most part. A pretty successful trip in terms of images, here's a few after the first quick scan through of the 8 days, but even more successful due to just loving being there and doing more walking for locations than roadside shooting....in no particular order, and the first being the final image made on the way back home in Glencoe...

Glencoe waterfall by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Old Man of Storr by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Neist Point by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Kilchrist by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The Headland by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Dead Tree Alley by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Skye by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Skye Stacks by Martin Steele, on Flickr
Beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.

That's a strong set Martin, almost impossible to pick a stand out image.

2, 3, 4 and 5 are my favourites I'd say.
Thank you Stuart

If they were my shots they would be up on the wall very fast.
All totally excellent shots with no real favs from me.
I've seen many shots from this place but yours are on top form.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Graham, one has been sent to print already :)

Every one a winner, Martin
Excellent set!! (y)
Thank you Mike

Wow, they're all awesome.
These must be among the best Skye images I've seen....
My favourites would be old man of Storr, Neist Point, skye Stacks, skye stack and the boathouse.....
Thank you Bob

What a fabulous set of images. It's a real plaesure to see shots taken of more unusual and less frequented locations.
However I think my favourite would have to be no 2, but overall an outstanding set.
Thank you Roger

Excellent work and impossible to pick a fav!
Thank you Mike

Beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Tony

Thanks all for the kind words and taking time to look at my work :)

Crit wise.
1. Too messy and the mountain too near the top of the frame.
2. Interesting take. Tad heavy on the blacks/contrast for me. But nice.
3. Really like this...nice. Maybe a little more mid tone and a little more shadow.
4. Sublime. For mood and feeling this is it.
5. As above.
6. Nicely composed and good take. Might suit a mono.
7. You've been photobombed. A clone, repair, heal away from being fixed.
8 and 9 - both really nice
10. I see a square, you don't need as much water at the bottom

Crit wise.
1. Too messy and the mountain too near the top of the frame.
2. Interesting take. Tad heavy on the blacks/contrast for me. But nice.
3. Really like this...nice. Maybe a little more mid tone and a little more shadow.
4. Sublime. For mood and feeling this is it.
5. As above.
6. Nicely composed and good take. Might suit a mono.
7. You've been photobombed. A clone, repair, heal away from being fixed.
8 and 9 - both really nice
10. I see a square, you don't need as much water at the bottom

Cheers mate, all taken on board. Number 1, I agree on the mountain, but it's cropped to save cloning a shedload of branches/leaves out...maybe I'll go back and look at that at some point, but at 17mm FF not a lot more I could do. Mess-wise, you know I hate mess, but it looks worse at a smaller size, but it doesn't bother me so much in this image. 10, not keen on the square as I did look at it, but the texture in the water is why I liked the image as much tbh. Loads more to go work on too, those are just from a quick scan through.

I find 4 and 8 especially stunning!

Superb.

Thank you Matt

Fantastic set Martin, and all in your trademark style.

Thank you Toni

Fantastic , Bloody Fantastic set of images , I`m loving single one of them , a very deserving round of applause to you sir :clap::clap::clap: and many thanks for sharing these ..

I`ve never been to Skye and most of the images I have ever seen are of the old man of Storr and places like that so, I foolishly thought that all of the good places were pretty much done , , , How wrong was I , I have to say Number 7 tops it for me

Coho-Blue

Nice images. Defo not the run of the mill from Skye. I've never seen them like this before. :)

I agree with everybody else.. A great set of photos that captures Skye so well.

Last edited:
Fantastic , Bloody Fantastic set of images , I`m loving single one of them , a very deserving round of applause to you sir :clap::clap::clap: and many thanks for sharing these ..

I`ve never been to Skye and most of the images I have ever seen are of the old man of Storr and places like that so, I foolishly thought that all of the good places were pretty much done , , , How wrong was I , I have to say Number 7 tops it for me

Coho-Blue

Thank you Harry. There's is SO many untapped gems on Skye it's unreal, but they require a bit more effort than the usual spots, and worth every minute of it.

Nice images. Defo not the run of the mill from Skye. I've never seen them like this before. :)

Thank you

I agree with everybody else.. A great set of photos that captures Skye so well.

Thank you

fantastic work, been drooling over these dripping through on instagram over the past week or so. quality.

Thank you

Back