A Gathering of Southern Folk (POLL ADDED)

Approx date

• 19th / 20th Sept

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 26th / 27th Sept

• 17th / 18th Oct

• 7th / 8th Nov

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 14th / 15th Nov

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 21st / 22nd Nov

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Bath

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Bristol

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Cheltenham

• Yeovilton FAA Muesem

• Total voters
I think I'm going to leave my LF camera at home, I don't think I can cope with carrying around and setting up a monorail all day, plus my bellows are leaking a bit (and they're already made mostly of tape!). Hopefully there might be a couple field cameras to see as I've not seen one in the flesh before, although I'm not that would help my GAS :D

Not sure what I'm going to bring at the moment. I might just bring the F100, give it a last run out before I sell it. :eek:

No, just pondering as I rarely shoot any 35mm nowadays and as much as I like it, it does seem a shame that its sitting in a cupboard gathering dust (along with the very sharp and fine Nikon 24-85mm f2.8-4) when someone could be using the little beauty.

I'm going through my bi-annual craving to buy a 'small' film camera for when location finding. I have this hair brained idea that an F80 of F100 (not decided yet) might be a good idea.

My problem of course is that 35mm is a great idea, until I use it, then I hate it. I sell what camera I have and then 6 months later think, yeah, 35mm is a good idea. You see, what I'd really love is an FM3a!

I hate myself sometimes.

Last edited:
I'm going through my bi-annual craving to buy a 'small' film camera for when location finding. I have this hair brained idea that an F80 of F100 (not decided yet) might be a good idea.

My problem of course is that 35mm is a great idea, until I use it, then I hate it. I sell what camera I have and then 6 months later think, yeah, 35mm is a good idea. You see, what I'd really love is an FM3a!

I hate myself sometimes.
At the risk of being burnt at the stake as a heretic if you're just going to use it for location finding use a digital or even a phone at least it will have built in GPS

I must admit, I use my phone for quick snaps and location hunting. I've got it with me any way and its good enough for that kind of work.

No, just pondering as I rarely shoot any 35mm nowadays and as much as I like it, it does seem a shame that its sitting in a cupboard gathering dust (along with the very sharp and fine Nikon 24-85mm f2.8-4) when someone could be using the little beauty.

I am shocked, Andy, you faithless blighter! Only last year you were swearing the F100 was the camera that would go with you to the grave!!;):rolleyes::p

I am shocked, Andy, you faithless blighter! Only last year you were swearing the F100 was the camera that would go with you to the grave!!;):rolleyes::p
He's just fickle.

At the risk of being burnt at the stake as a heretic if you're just going to use it for location finding use a digital or even a phone at least it will have built in GPS

This too had crossed my mind. Ultimately, it's fair to say that I really have no idea what I want. :D

I always thought I'd be buried with the T90 but I haven't picked it up since the megameet. I should probably bring it along to this but then I think about bringing the P instead or maybe the little Yashica GX. In short, dunno :(

I always thought I'd be buried with the T90 but I haven't picked it up since the megameet. I should probably bring it along to this but then I think about bringing the P instead or maybe the little Yashica GX. In short, dunno :(
Don't be sad Dean, be happy you have a great collection of cameras to choose from :D
I shall be bringing as many as I can carry :LOL:

Don't be sad Dean, be happy you have a great collection of cameras to choose from :D

:)

I think it goes back to the 3-month thing I did at the start of the year with the P. Only using one camera was a freeing experience and I've been pretty restrained on those occasions since where previously I'd have taken a selection of cameras and ended up confusing myself. I think maybe the T90 because it deserves some love and a few different lenses, enough to give me some variety such as the 15mm that I haven't really used since buying.

Indeed Chris, a turncoat of the very worst sort..... :whistle: I've just grown out of 35mm, I don't find it does anything for me. I took my XA2 out on Saturday and after devving and scanning the films there were only 2 shots that were even vaguely ok, the rest were meh!.

Probably time to start regretting selling it too, get a head start.

Rude..... :p The only camera I really regret selling is the R3a, there are a couple of others that were missed for a bit but no regrets.... so far :D

Right so looking at the train times, I can either get in at 09:08 or or 11:27... Guess 09:08 it is, and I'll sit around and wait for people. Perhaps we need some sort of James Bond like secret code that I can say to people who come and sit next to me, so that I know if they're part of the F&C gang or not! :D

Perhaps we need some sort of James Bond like secret code that I can say to people who come and sit next to me, so that I know if they're part of the F&C gang or not! :D

How about "Wow, can you still get the film for those things?" with the reply "Of course you can, I wouldn't be carrying the bloody thing around otherwise".

I'd suggest something more discrete - say a rolled up tripod under your arm and a darkcloth worn as a cape...

To be fair we're not that hard to spot, if you see somebody hanging around Temple Meads station with a film camera there's every chance it's one of us (one of us) and even if they're not one of us (one of us) they might be by the end of the day.

We'll be there at 10.04 (ish). I am the handsome fellow in the daft hat and so's my wife.....

To be fair we're not that hard to spot, if you see somebody hanging around Temple Meads station with a film camera there's every chance it's one of us (one of us) and even if they're not one of us (one of us) they might be by the end of the day.

Or standing with a distinct list he's probably got an RB in his pocket.

I'll be in at 9.40 ish, with a RB67 and tripod in tow, if I'm not in the station coffee shop I'll be easy to spot (y)

To early to say for any weather forecaster what its going to do on Saturday, wait until we get there and look outside, that'll work better. :D

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-10_8-59-28.png
    upload_2015-11-10_8-59-28.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 8
Ignore that link I don't know how that got there..... my computer is definitely losing it. :thinking:

Out of interest, does anyone have any particular aversion to me taking a time lapse of the entire day on my new gopro? Thought it'd be a good idea A) from an it could be cool perspective, and B) from a "this is what a standard F&C meetup" consists of :D

Out of interest, does anyone have any particular aversion to me taking a time lapse of the entire day on my new gopro? Thought it'd be a good idea A) from an it could be cool perspective, and B) from a "this is what a standard F&C meetup" consists of :D
Fine by me Woodsy, 7 hours watching a pub table, just about perfect (y)

No objection here, though if you wave it around on the end of a selfie stick you might find the wind catches you just wrong on the top of the Clifton bridge, if you get my meaning ... :bat:

Out of interest, how are you thinking of mounting it? Will it be on a headband so you get a Woodsy-eye view of proceedings?

No objection here, though if you wave it around on the end of a selfie stick you might find the wind catches you just wrong on the top of the Clifton bridge, if you get my meaning ... :bat:

Out of interest, how are you thinking of mounting it? Will it be on a headband so you get a Woodsy-eye view of proceedings?

Gotcha ;) And no, nothing so tacky :D

I was thinking of mounting it to my rucksack strap pointing forward, so effectively a Woodsy-shoulder view. I'm improvising to begin with as I only have a large spring loaded clip (like a crocodile clip) until I get round to mounting it properly. It should do the job though.

Last edited:
Back