A Gathering of Southern Folk (POLL ADDED)

Approx date

• 19th / 20th Sept

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 26th / 27th Sept

• 17th / 18th Oct

• 7th / 8th Nov

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 14th / 15th Nov

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 21st / 22nd Nov

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Bath

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Bristol

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Cheltenham

• Yeovilton FAA Muesem

• Total voters
No, it has to be either on a headband or right on top of your head, otherwise it lessens the opportunities for p*** taking.

Oh, I dunno, if I only take one frame every 10 minutes, that a 6 hour timelapse on a single roll? ;)

Timelapse on LF however... my fingers would be bleeding from all the reloading!

Last edited:
Ah, now if you got one of those new fangled portrait cameras that take 4, 8 or more exposures on a single 10x8 or larger sheet....

Changing the topic, my daughter moved to Bristol a few weeks ago, and the wife has suggested she might want to visit on Saturday... downside is, she's not prepared to leave before 9 and it's at least a 2 hour drive. So I may be late. I have Andy's phone number, so I hope I can find you when I do finally get there!

Changing the topic, my daughter moved to Bristol a few weeks ago, and the wife has suggested she might want to visit on Saturday... downside is, she's not prepared to leave before 9 and it's at least a 2 hour drive. So I may be late. I have Andy's phone number, so I hope I can find you when I do finally get there!
Leave early and let the Missus catch you up :exit:

Oh dear, the weather is looking bluddy awful for Saturday. Pub anyone? :D:beer:

It might be clearing in the afternoon, fingers crossed.

I think it's likely the pub table will need clearing before the afternoon.

Sorry guys, I'm not going to make it. Too many things to do and too little time. Besides, I'm running out of space in the fridge for film I need to develop so adding more isn't going to help. Hope you have a great time despite/because of the weather :)

Sorry guys, I'm not going to make it. Too many things to do and too little time. Besides, I'm running out of space in the fridge for film I need to develop so adding more isn't going to help. Hope you have a great time despite/because of the weather :)
Slacker!

At least no one liked this post... :D

Boo....

Just getting my camera bag sorted for the morning... do you think 15 rolls of film is enough? :D :LOL:
Depends how many cameras you're bringing.

1 camera and 3 rolls of film...... just the Rolleiflex.

However, the big news is that the CMS has been gently persuaded to bring along the little XA2 and a roll of Agfa Vista 200. :woot:

It looks like you'll gonna need bricks to weigh the tripod down as it seems from about 3:00 winds of 41mph are expected...hits London about 6:00

It looks like you'll gonna need bricks to weigh the tripod down as it seems from about 3:00 winds of 41mph are expected...hits London about 6:00

That's what rb's were invented for. I've taken pictures in the middle of a gale with no camera shake.

Any old umbrellas you don't want would make great shots with them blowing inside out and the surprise look on the guy's face ;)

Following on fro another thread, and bearing in mind the weather, are there any proper camera shops within running-in-the-rain distance of wherever we'll be?

Following on fro another thread, and bearing in mind the weather, are there any proper camera shops within running-in-the-rain distance of wherever we'll be?
Good point well made Chris, we don't have a local with us this time so it may need a googling.

On the train down, see you in 3 1/2 hours!

On my way too.

And we're off. See you in a bit folks.

Wife not coming, leaving shortly for the station but will miss the train I wanted, expect to get there 10:42. on't suppose you'll be too far away...

Travelling in style today, moved up to first class to avoid the plebs 

I've established base camp in bar/cafe type place called Boneparts to the right of the exit gates, and will enjoy a cup of tea while I wait

I will be there imminently

Back