Daily A growing up 365! Completed!!

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
I decided a while ago before our son Xavier was born that I would do my best and complete a full year of photographs to document his 1st year of life.

A little late with the pics, as some of you already know, my wife ended up suffering badly with septicemia after the c-section arrival of Xavier. I have somehow still managed to get a picture on the day.

I don't have anything special like the props you see in a lot of newborn photographs, so I am just hoping I can get something different in the looks department each day. The first 11 days or so are in the hosptal.

A big %age of the pics will be taken on my 50d and 85mm 1.8, which is proving to be a very nice lens. On the odd occasion I will have to use my phone for pics, as carrying my main stuff around is just not doable, hopefully I will win the lottery and buy a csc for those very days :D

So on with the pics

Day 1

Xavier, Day 1 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Straight from the c-section and on to the checks, born at a weight of 9lb 2oz!

Day 2

Xavier, Day 2 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Day 3, with Grandma and Grandad

Xavier, Day 3 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Just natural light used here, plus a bit of over exposure and a play in elements, quite a challenge to get these shots looking good.

Day 4

Xavier, Day 4 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Day 5, Tried this out and I loved it!

Xavier, Day 5 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Day 6

Xavier, Day 6 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Congratulations Michael. Well done to you and your wife and I hope she is getting better.
I will be watching this thread with interest throughout the year.
Phil

Excellent start ans a very Valid reason to do a 364 :)

Loving the portraits with the Grandparents (y) I bet they're thrilled with them.

Hey Michael!... subscribed this will be a lovely thread to follow and can't wait to see the rest....

He is adorable.... congrats to both of you and i hope your wife is getting better and lots of rest!:D

Congratulations & what a great idea for a 365. Looking forward to following this thread.

Very nice start indeed! And congrats. Hope all is well with both mother and baby :)

Love all of the shots, but day 7 is my favourite. Love the contrast the wrinkles give you. I think there's more of those shots to be had! ;)

Aww qwhat a fantastic idea for a 365 ...shall subscribe and enjoy watching your son grow up :)

All the best to you and your growing family :)

Congratulations & what a great idea for a 365. Looking forward to following this thread.

very nice start to Year One Michael. (y)

well done

Very nice start indeed! And congrats. Hope all is well with both mother and baby :)

Love all of the shots, but day 7 is my favourite. Love the contrast the wrinkles give you. I think there's more of those shots to be had! ;)

Aww qwhat a fantastic idea for a 365 ...shall subscribe and enjoy watching your son grow up :)

All the best to you and your growing family :)

Great idea and well worth it in years to come. Congratulations!

Thanks very much everyone, much appreciated (y)

Day 21, First train ride today, had to use my phone again

Xavier, Day 21 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Day 22, Quite an important picture this one, my mum asked me if I wanted to put anything in the coffin for my Grandma, we agreed that a picture of Xavier and Caitlin would be very fitting, as she died before she could meet him. So after a few pics taken, I went with this one

Xavier, Day 22 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Day 23

Xavier, Day 23 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Day 24

Xavier, Day 24 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Day 25, Pnone pic.

Xavier, Day 25 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Very much liking the processing on Day 15 and Day 19 is hilarious "WTF you doing with that in my face again?"

A wonderful start you've made Michael so sorry I've only just now seen your thread, I've not actually been visiting the section for the last week just been using the links in the sticky, as soon as I'm at the computer I'll get your thread added to the sticky (y)

another lovely group of shot Michael , Number 19 is my pick , it's the way his eyes are looking at you !

Thanks Vince, was taken just at the right time that one, it's a great look (y)

Very much liking the processing on Day 15 and Day 19 is hilarious "WTF you doing with that in my face again?"

:LOL: Hi Sarah, I reckon I might get a few of these over the coming months :naughty: Day 15, I really liked that one too, wasn't quite sure how to process it as I couldn't get it to look right, but then I did this version and was pleased with the outcome.

A wonderful start you've made Michael so sorry I've only just now seen your thread, I've not actually been visiting the section for the last week just been using the links in the sticky, as soon as I'm at the computer I'll get your thread added to the sticky (y)

Hi Matt, thanks for popping in (y) Thanks for putting my thread in the sticky, will have to take a look at the other threads at some point.

WHat a cute subject for a 365 (and he already has some amazing expressions). looking forward to watching his progress. Many congrats!

What a brilliant idea, these are shots you'll always treasure. Have them made into a book so that he can keep it as well.

WHat a cute subject for a 365 (and he already has some amazing expressions). looking forward to watching his progress. Many congrats!

Thank you Sarah and Tim.

A little late, but was far too tired to even think about editing yesterdays pic last night.

Day 26

Xavier, Day 26 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

These are just lovely!! He has the most amazing expressions!

I hope you are singing wonky donkey too him!! Lol

These are just lovely!! He has the most amazing expressions!

I hope you are singing wonky donkey too him!! Lol

Hehe lol! Played it a couple of times and he has smiled on both occasions. The expresssions are amazing, most of them being missed when the camera isnt handy.

Todays pic is done, but I shall post it up tomorrow once I have edited it.

Some really fabulous photos here and I am in love with some of the expressions Xavier pulls! :)

Poor little mite's going to have the fright of his life when he eventually sees Daddy has a whole face! :D:D

Some really fabulous photos here and I am in love with some of the expressions Xavier pulls! :)

Poor little mite's going to have the fright of his life when he eventually sees Daddy has a whole face! :D:D

Thanks Samantha :D

Day 30

In the last week or so, Xavier has been making sounds as babies do, but they have been sounding like words. We have been using the word Huggle for hugs and on more than one occasion his little noises have sounded like huggle, this was right place right time and one of those moments!

Xavier, Day 30 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wonderful photo of the little guy! (y) That is a very cute, good looking child you have there!

Back