Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
.... "There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact, its all dark"

Taken hand held, well OK I was leaning on a fence post, with a little canon Sx 520Hs.
and @ 84x digital zoom ( what ever that means)
Nonetheless I'm still impressed with the capabilities of the little powershot. :)

moon1.jpg

That's amazing for hand held Chris, pretty damn good under any circumstances.

That's amazing for hand held Chris, pretty damn good under any circumstances.
Cheers Chris, and for a little point and shoot, I think the detail is pretty amazing too.

It's better than my disease ridden Sigma 600. I don't know if it can be cleaned though.

The lens is 24mm with 42x optical zoom (24-1008mm) and 4x digital zoom (cropping). I'm guessing it means taken at 1008mm (42x zoom) and cropped to 50% (2x digital zoom).
Thanks for that (y)

It's better than my disease ridden Sigma 600. I don't know if it can be cleaned though.
Just follow steps 1-2 & 3 HERE
(At your own risk of course ;) )

Excellent shot, well done (y)

Excellent capture :) and proves you do not have to spend a fortune to get good results.
(Been looking for a camera for my elderly father and will add this to my shopping list)

Terrific shot, never mind from a dinky cam!
Thanks Peter :) its amazing what these little P/S are capable of these days isn't it?

Excellent capture :) and proves you do not have to spend a fortune to get good results.
(Been looking for a camera for my elderly father and will add this to my shopping list)
Cheers :)
I've had it about a year or so, I just carry it around in the van, "just in case"
I've been very happy with all the results, (it has a great little macro function too).

Cracking shot, and even better with it being a P&S camera, love my little Lumix one :)
Cheers Dave, and as above these little P/S are so capable these days, perhaps I should save myself a fortune and flog all my Canon DSLR stuff :D

Plus as you will know, the macro on these can be pretty amazing too :)
I really couldn't believe the detail the first time I tried the macro function (y)

Back