weekly Adamcski 52 for 2022 Week 52 (new to photography) 2022 52 complete

Good shot Adam, I have to admit I had no idea what you were talking about regarding the N+1 rule so I had to look it up (here). Made me laugh :D

Lol

Yep, the good old N+1.

Applies to everything (especially if you're male).

Lol
Yeh I must confess N+1 has got me too, currently 4 bikes in my stable ( 3 road 1 gravel) and my wife has 2….. and we are always looking at the next one. This has previously applied to guitars and cameras for me too but for the first time I have thinned the herd in the guitar side of things, admittedly due to a new camera arrival lol. I need a better paid job ( or a less expensive hobby )

Yeh I must confess N+1 has got me too, currently 4 bikes in my stable ( 3 road 1 gravel) and my wife has 2….. and we are always looking at the next one. This has previously applied to guitars and cameras for me too but for the first time I have thinned the herd in the guitar side of things, admittedly due to a new camera arrival lol. I need a better paid job ( or a less expensive hobby )

I have 4 in my stable too - 3 Bonnevilles and one RE Bullet. Not allowed any more unless it's on a one out, one in basis!

Erm... I have several of those too! Only one "posh" one but a few that are far better timekeepers than the Rolex! Not sure why but I like the Citizen Eco-Drive range, especially the radio controlled ones.

Oh god let’s not talk watches too, another vice of mine although only 1 “poshish “ watch lol

For me, a watch is a tool for telling the time. The only reason I have and wear the Rolex is that it was Mum's wedding present to Dad so it's a constant reminder of them both now they're gone. It's older than me but still working as well as it ever has (although all the other watches I have keep better time!)

For me, it's the power lines.

All I can suggest is revisiting at assorted times of day (if possible). If that's not practicable, figure out when the light's likely to be better on the trees to get a bit more detail in the foliage rather than just showing them as silhouettes.

I like the idea behind the metal shot up through the pylon, I cant help wondering if it might look better with the wires parallel to the long edges of the frame, or even cropped to a square. A 1/2 step to get the arms aligned with the middle of the braces would ease my need for symmetry too!

Life would be weird and boring if we all liked and did the same thing the same way!!!

I like your choice for parallel Adam but it's more for the coloured posts peeking out of the tall grass than for the power lines. I think that part of the image is really interesting.

I like your metal choice. A great perspective on something that others might shoot in a more conventional (less interesting) fashion.

I like your chosen shot, but they all work well, and the metal one is also good.

Good pylon shot. I like your chosen angle and the cloud cover helps exaggerate the dark metal.

Thanks for all the comments folks. I'm away for a few days now with the wife and kids (got my GX9 and PL 12-60 with me). I know some of you are also doing this challenge and I haven't commented on people's post, it's because (a) I am still pretty new here and to the world of photography and (b) don't feel comfortable at this point making comments on photos others have taken. I am planning to stick around however and once I've learned more, next year I will feel more comfortable and confident in making comments on the pictures you have or may have taken then. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for all the comments folks. I'm away for a few days now with the wife and kids (got my GX9 and PL 12-60 with me). I know some of you are also doing this challenge and I haven't commented on people's post, it's because (a) I am still pretty new here and to the world of photography and (b) don't feel comfortable at this point making comments on photos others have taken. I am planning to stick around however and once I've learned more, next year I will feel more comfortable and confident in making comments on the pictures you have or may have taken then. Hope that makes sense.

You seem to be doing more than OK Adam :D Well done :D

You seem to be doing more than OK Adam :D Well done :D

Thanks, but still so much to learn. Can still work on composition, lighting (barely touched on this), how to use flash on and off camera...oh man the list goes on. Feels like every time I learn something it opens ten other doors lol. Still need to learn about setting the camera up for different lighting, don't know what it's called, but when you say compose a shot but you set the camera up for the background and then fill light in when taking the picture... I'll get there one day (or possibly phones will become that good we won't need to).

Still like buying kit though lol

I think photography like many other things is something that you can never get perfect and the closer you look the easier it is to criticise yourself and see things that you could have done better.

Had a play in Affinity and think I prefer this copy.

Not the greatest of pictures and I have had a busy week in and out of London, so no time for camera this week.

It does have a little bit of a special meaning I guess as:
A) it is a picture of a watch my late grandad got for me.
B) It is my sons first proper watch and he is SOOOOO happy with it, wears it everywhere.
C) My son suggested it as I was getting ready and he was out to school and I ran upstairs quickly to get the watch to wear.

and

D) It represents TIME which for me is the most precious TREASURE as it's limited and once it has gone, you can't get it back.

So, a rubbish quick phone picture but it actually has some meaning behind it.

Last edited:
A good close up Adam of 2 of your treasures. Meets the challenge well.

Great shot Adam, your commentary makes it even more impactful.

Two nice treasures. For a watch that is worn constantly it looks in great condition.

I like the lead in lines.
In a way people are appropriate. Visitors need to go and remember the fallen.

Back