weekly Adamcski 52 for 2022 Week 52 (new to photography) 2022 52 complete

That's certainly unusual. Well spotted and a good reason to turn a different way now and again.....

A very colourful image and reflection ... my only comment would be cleaning the rubbish out of the way would have removed any distractions from the image

A very colourful image and reflection ... my only comment would be cleaning the rubbish out of the way would have removed any distractions from the image

Yes I know, but I'm not hanging around and picking up rubbish in the middle of Digbeth. There is all manner of drug paraphernalia/ needles laying around on the floor in those parts.

More artistic than normally round our way, sign of the times.

Nice colours against the blue sky, works well for the theme.

Pete

A couple of shots for week 16 tree.

A little behind due to work and these are phone pictures as I just have not had the time to get out with the camera, work is manic.

Attachments

• IMG_20220425_145240.jpg
    IMG_20220425_145240.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211021_145323-01.jpeg
    IMG_20211021_145323-01.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 10
I prefer the first Adam.
The path leads you nicely into the lush greenery of the trees and grass. It's a good image.
Your phone's algorithms have over saturated the blue sky on my screen.

Yes, it looks a tad blue compared to the sky I'm looking at now.

Ah well, I'm off for 3 days now so will be grabbing my camera for this week's challenge. Just trying to keep on top of the challenge the last few weeks if I'm honest.

I'm back on my course also now, so have to complete the homework for that. Should mean I grab the real camera more (I hope so, as it's not the same taking a picture with your phone in my opinion). We had some optional homework prior to the course taking a break and I didn't get it done. Got to pay the bills unfortunately lol

Last edited:
I think that I like your chosen shot Adam. A little work to lighten up the shadows in the trees would probably help .

Good phone shots Adam. I prefer the path shot for the lines it brings.

I like you chose shot Adam, it has great texture. I have no idea what it is. Chainmail?

Thanks @Darkslinger

My S5 has a number of options to choose from once out of iA - auto mode (they are; standard, vivid, natural, L.classicNeo, flat, landscape, portrait, monochrome, L.monochrome, L.monochromeD and S, Cinelike D2, Cinelike v2, like709, Vlog) and I have no idea what most of these are lol, so hopefully that's met the requirements :)

I wanted to practice the silhouette type shots as I've never done those before and think they're fun.

It does look black and white, but hand on heart it was shot in monochrome.

Last edited:
More than possible that your camera agrees with Wiki in that monochrome includes B&W!

I would have (and indeed do!) cropped out (well, framed the original) to lose a lot of the lower, featureless area and include more sky, even if the sky is relatively featureless.

I've just grabbed my camera, switched to monochrome and it gives me some additional options down the side. Contrast, highlight, shadow, colour tone, filter effect, grain effect, sharpness and noise reduction.

If I've messed up (innocently I would add) I can take another few pictures and change my picture for the week. I see that moving the colour tone alters the colour in the picture +5 makes it more blue and -5 makes it more like a yellow.

Sorry about that, like I've stated in the discussion it doesn't mean anything to me, I've literally no idea what half these things are lol. Monochrome pictures we presented in our class were all like my one above lol.

I'm happy to amend the submission if thats what's needed

Thanks @Darkslinger

My S5 has a number of options to choose from once out of iA - auto mode (they are; standard, vivid, natural, L.classicNeo, flat, landscape, portrait, monochrome, L.monochrome, L.monochromeD and S, Cinelike D2, Cinelike v2, like709, Vlog) and I have no idea what most of these are lol, so hopefully that's met the requirements :)

I wanted to practice the silhouette type shots as I've never done those before and think they're fun.

It does look black and white, but hand on heart it was shot in monochrome.

It does look like it has a slight silver cast to it, so I am good with accepting it as monochrome (not that my opinion carries any weight with the powers that be... :D ).

Well it ticks the sunset box. I have no experience with monochrome so others will need to judge.
The theme can be applied to any image in the next 2 months so you can apply it to another (or more) images in the near future if you are not sure.

Some snaps from today:

Had to be framed this way to ensure I wasn't capturing peoples kids into the frames and to avoid overflowing rubbish bins ending up in the shots.

Attachments

• Basket ball 1.jpg
    Basket ball 1.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Park Sports 1.jpg
    Park Sports 1.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I like that, is it a Domane?

Yes it's the Domane SL5 and I put the carbon wheels from the Emonda on it (Aeolus 35 or 37 elite...can't remember). I did a 25 mile recovery ride on it this morning around 7:30.

I went a size lower on the carbon frame, my other bike (a domane al5) is a 61 lol. It's my bad weather bike. Just put some new Mavic something or other disk rims on it and replaced the seat post with a full carbon bontrager one...it's now lovely and I've actually been spending more time on this one recently. I've done just over 100 miles this week which I'm trying to maintain.

I commute to work on a an old Giant Defy (large) with the older 105 10 speed, that a neighbour gifted me. I stripped it all down during first lockdown and sanded it all, resprayed it may black...it's my little stealth bike.

Lol

See I suffer from the N+1 rule with bikes as well as camera gear lol

Last edited:
Back