Adobe lightroom plan on amazon

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Just an FYI that it looks like you can get a years subscription reduced on Amazon.

If I get this does it stop my monthly payments until the year ends.
Yes no further payments for 12 months
Another thread here:

Just an FYI that it looks like you can get a years subscription reduced on Amazon.

If I get this does it stop my monthly payments until the year ends.
When I've done this in the past it just starts when your original subscription is due to expire. At one point I had 3 years worth waiting for me!

Do they have an expiry date?
Thinking of getting one for the day my PC needs changing and LR6 is no longer viable.

Thanks

Thinking of getting one for the day my PC needs changing and LR6 is no longer viable.

Thanks
An expiry date on the deal? With it being a Prime Day thing, I suspect it'll go away in a couple of days. They usually have the same offer in November though for Black Friday.

Once you've purchased it, you've got 12 months. I don't know what happens if you buy it now but don't redeem it for (example) a couple of months. I suspect there'll be something in the small print to prevent people buying codes and reselling them later.

An expiry date on the deal? With it being a Prime Day thing, I suspect it'll go away in a couple of days. They usually have the same offer in November though for Black Friday.

Once you've purchased it, you've got 12 months. I don't know what happens if you buy it now but don't redeem it for (example) a couple of months. I suspect there'll be something in the small print to prevent people buying codes and reselling them later.
Thanks, I should have even clearer, expiry date on the software?
As in buy now and activate perhaps next year or later.

Thanks
No, as I said, I have been about 3 years in credit. Just register with Adobe as soon as you get the activation code, and it will show up as expiring 12 months after your original plan. Just checked my account - I'm pre-paid till May 2024. It's a couple of years since I bought one, and I was already in credit then.

No, as I said, I have been about 3 years in credit. Just register with Adobe as soon as you get the activation code, and it will show up as expiring 12 months after your original plan. Just checked my account - I'm pre-paid till May 2024. It's a couple of years since I bought one, and I was already in credit then.
I don't have an existing plan though.
My plan would be to use this purchase to start a subscription, just not now.

I don't have an existing plan though.
My plan would be to use this purchase to start a subscription, just not now.
Ah - misunderstood your question. I’m not sure just how long you have to register it - maybe drop a question to Adobe?

I’m not sure just how long you have to register it - maybe drop a question to Adobe?
It's probably worth doing this. I checked my receipt and order details and there is no mention of "you must use this code by xxxx" or any sort of expiry date. I was curious so I did a search online and found a couple of people asking the question only to get "just register it and it will add on to your existing sub duration." which wasn't an answer. There are a couple of questions on the Amazon purchase page asking "how long does the code last if I don't register it", and amongst the "just register it, it will add on" replies there were a couple of "it will last forever", which I doubt is true.

I would say if you're planning to buy the sub now while the deal is on, but not going to activate it for 3-6 weeks, you should be fine. If it's more like 3-6 months, I'd say either wait for November Black Friday, or contact Amazon to see if there is an expiry on the code. As they get them from Adobe, I would imagine either company would tell you, but Amazon seem to be more responsive with queries - plus it's them you're going to go to for any refund if anything doesn't work..

Last edited:
It's probably worth doing this. I checked my receipt and order details and there is no mention of "you must use this code by xxxx" or any sort of expiry date. I was curious so I did a search online and found a couple of people asking the question only to get "just register it and it will add on to your existing sub duration." which wasn't an answer. There are a couple of questions on the Amazon purchase page asking "how long does the code last if I don't register it", and amongst the "just register it, it will add on" replies there were a couple of "it will last forever", which I doubt is true.

I would say if you're planning to buy the sub now while the deal is on, but not going to activate it for 3-6 weeks, you should be fine. If it's more like 3-6 months, I'd say either wait for November Black Friday, or contact Amazon to see if there is an expiry on the code. As they get them from Adobe, I would imagine either company would tell you, but Amazon seem to be more responsive with queries - plus it's them you're going to go to for any refund if anything doesn't work..
Yes, I too would hope Amazon could answer, but I’ve always found Adobe to be very helpful and responsive regarding licensing queries.

Thank you, I searched too and didn't find anything definitive.
For the time being think I will keep my powder dry and look into buying when the need arises.
Got a feeling its not something Adobe will willingly disclose and have my doubts if Amazon actually know.

Thank you, I searched too and didn't find anything definitive.
For the time being think I will keep my powder dry and look into buying when the need arises.
Got a feeling its not something Adobe will willingly disclose and have my doubts if Amazon actually know.
Just had an online conversation with Adobe, but they don’t know what Amazon has arranged and recommend contacting Amazon customer services. But surely there must be some leeway.

Just had an online conversation with Adobe, but they don’t know what Amazon has arranged and recommend contacting Amazon customer services. But surely there must be some leeway.
Pretty much what i expected and no confidence Amazon will know anything definitive either.
Often find its one persons opinion as opposed to anything factual.
Why not just say it has to be registered within 12 months or another fixed period.

Last edited:
Thanks, I should have even clearer, expiry date on the software?
As in buy now and activate perhaps next year or later.
I’ve activated one a couple of months after purchase.

But frankly, the deal will be repeated on Black Friday, then again on prime day next year, so I personally can’t see the sense in purchasing now for a date that might be 18 months from now.

I’ve activated one a couple of months after purchase.

But frankly, the deal will be repeated on Black Friday, then again on prime day next year, so I personally can’t see the sense in purchasing now for a date that might be 18 months from now.
Yes, unless @tijuana taxi intends to activate within a few months I would hang fire. That’s why I’m not buying another just yet. And in my case either I may not be around when my subs eventually ends, or I might have decided to migrate to another piece of software.

I just clicked on it and it still shows 119. I thought today was still a PRIME day?

Last edited:
Well, I have made this work - thanks again for the reminder here - I had to change my password even though Amazon was greeting me by my first name. Anyway, once logged in and getting past the pay now 119, it then recognised that I should get the discount. So I have added the code to my CC account and next payment is now due in December 2024. The previous code, bought in November 22 was still active and it just added the months on the end so no need to wait for the previous one to expire. Thanks!

I usually purchase this 1 year package in advance of my subscription expiring when it is on offer. My last purchase was in Nov 2022, but didn't activate it until March 2023.

Back