Adobe Photoshop + Lightroom offers anyone ?

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone got any discount codes, or offers for a yearly subscription of PS & LR, I,ve seen a couple on line, but they look a bit dodgy, so just putting the feelers out. Many thanks in advance

Very likely to be on sale 25th November, Amazon Black Friday. If you use Amazon maybe put in watch list or 3 camels

Very likely to be on sale 25th November, Amazon Black Friday. If you use Amazon maybe put in watch list or 3 camels
Yes I was kinda thinking that, was trying to get something sooner though.

Hi, just a suggestion while you wait. Try Faststone Image Viewer along with Affinity Photo, I used Lightroom 6 up until a couple weeks ago didn't want to go down the Adobe route so now using both apps and finding can do mostly anything in Affinity Photo ( Free trial available) that needs doing to an image. Russ.

Keep an eye on Prime early access; 11th and 12th of this month. You never know, the photography plan might be on it ;)

Reactions: TG.
After several years of sticking with v6.14 I'm seriously considering swallowing my pride and taking out a subscription when it becomes available at a decent price. :cautious:

So I will be looking into Black friday offers with interest. How does one go about renewing the subs when the time comes?

Wait until Black Friday, it will be on sale at about £80 for 12 months at Amazon.

Do you happen to know, if when you pay for a year up front, can you defer that payment for another year, I'm just thinking if it's really cheap on black Friday, if it's worth buying 2 years worth, putting the first year on, then putting the other one on, the end of next year, I'm wondering if this is feasible, allowed ?

Do you happen to know, if when you pay for a year up front, can you defer that payment for another year, I'm just thinking if it's really cheap on black Friday, if it's worth buying 2 years worth, putting the first year on, then putting the other one on, the end of next year, I'm wondering if this is feasible, allowed ?
You can stack them. Best to put them all on at the same time. It will just add 2 years on if you add 2 at the same time.

After several years of sticking with v6.14 I'm seriously considering swallowing my pride and taking out a subscription when it becomes available at a decent price. :cautious:

So I will be looking into Black friday offers with interest. How does one go about renewing the subs when the time comes?
It's an automatic renewal until you cancel it.
Personally I think it's well worth the equivalent of 3 cups of coffee a month.

I (very grudgingly) moved from LR6.14 and am now glad I did. There are new features which I find really good and useful. Dropping my Flickr Pro subscription has part paid for the move.

I have like 4 years stacked. Even though my card details is on the account, no payment will be taken until the stacked months have ran out.

I believe you can stack up to 5 years.

I have like 4 years stacked. Even though my card details is on the account, no payment will be taken until the stacked months have ran out.

I believe you can stack up to 5 years.

That was what I was interested in understanding. Does that mean you pay for two (or more) separate years rental at the same reduced rate at the same time and stack them together? Thanks.
I (very grudgingly) moved from LR6.14 and am now glad I did. There are new features which I find really good and useful. Dropping my Flickr Pro subscription has part paid for the move.

It was my intention to move away from Adobe completely, and decided on DXOPhotolab as an alternative. Since moving to an Olympus OM1 I've had to use PL exclusively and while it does some things very well - particularly sharpening/noise removal - there are some things that it just doesn't do at all, like HDR and panoramas. And when you've been learning to use a particular piece of software for 10+ years it's a bit of a step backwards to begin using something new.

I understand the new selection tools in LR are very good.

I will still be able to use PL to sharpen/denoise selected images if I move back to LR, although I could have done the same more cheaply if I'd gone for DXO PureRaw instead of PL.

Every time you apply the 12 month code, it pushes back the “next renewal date” back 12 months.

I buy them at prime day or Black Friday. So for a few years I bought it twice a year, hence I have so many stacked. When it gets to a few years on account I skip one and then buy again the next time.

Reactions: TG.
It was my intention to move away from Adobe completely, and decided on DXOPhotolab as an alternative. Since moving to an Olympus OM1 I've had to use PL exclusively and while it does some things very well - particularly sharpening/noise removal - there are some things that it just doesn't do at all, like HDR and panoramas. And when you've been learning to use a particular piece of software for 10+ years it's a bit of a step backwards to begin using something new.

I understand the new selection tools in LR are very good.

I will still be able to use PL to sharpen/denoise selected images if I move back to LR, although I could have done the same more cheaply if I'd gone for DXO PureRaw instead of PL.
I tried a couple of other programs but I'm so used to LR and its cataloguing I couldn't face the learning process. The selection tools are very good, but not perfect. I find the texture slider works very well on sheep pictures - especially for bringing out detail in black and white faces, and fleeces. May be good on other wildlife close-ups.

Every time you apply the 12 month code, it pushes back the “next renewal date” back 12 months.
So where exactly do you put the codes in, is it somewhere on your Adobe creative cloud account ?

Yes, you log into your Adobe account and under "Billing and payment" there is the option to "Redeem new code".
Ok great. Many thanks

Back