Affinity

I have set up LR to export directly to Affinity no issues. How do I get an image back from affinity to LR to finish the edit?

Cheers
Export the file from Affinity (not Save as that saves in Affinity's native format) as a Jpeg or Tiff, PSD,whatever and Lightroom should display the edited file in the Library module alongside the Raw file.

Last edited:
You realise that the executable program file is NOT called "Affinty" and is actually named "Photo.exe" ?

Which edition of Windows are you running?
I've had several W7 updates since I've been using Affinity, and none have affected the operation of the program.

W10.

Anyway, for now I seem to be OK because I can open it from within Lightroom.....but not any other way.

Export the file from Affinity (not Save as that saves in Affinity's native format) as a Jpeg or Tiff, PSD,whatever and Lightroom should display the edited file in the Library module alongside the Raw file.
ONLY If the "Sort" criteria is set to "Capture Time" - if it's set to "Added Order" for example, the image will appear at the end of the folder.

I have set up LR to export directly to Affinity no issues. How do I get an image back from affinity to LR to finish the edit?

Cheers

Not sure if the works the same in LR as Capture One, but in C1 you can use the “edit with” option to send a PSD to Affinity Photo.

C1 creates, and catalogues, a PSD beside the original Raw, and then opens the PSD in Affinity Photo.

In Affinity Photo you need to go into the preferences and tell Affinity Photo to Overwrite PSDs, this means Affinity doesn’t try to save the file in its native format. An option only available for PSDs, which is why PSDs are more convenient to use than Tiffs.

You can now just save the PSD in Affinity Photo, and it’s immediately available in C1 for further editing. But can also be reopened at any time to tweak the Affinity Photo edits. Layers are retained in C1, but can’t be edited unless the file is re-opened in AP.

It’s obviously designed to allow seamless round tripping between C1 and Photoshop, but works just as well with Affinity Photo. I would be surprised if something similar wasn’t possible with LR and AP.

Back