Afghanistan

ahhh crap , i just sent today !!! , not to worry , kinda felt good to send it to be honest (y)

I'll bet that if you and the "lads/ladesses" put together a xmas list, that Santa.TP would be most munificent - am I right chaps?(y)

compared with what you guys do....

I'll bet that if you and the "lads/ladesses" put together a xmas list, that Santa.TP would be most munificent - am I right chaps?(y)

compared with what you guys do....

agree 10000000% (y)

Hello TP Santa, I'd like a Paxton NOVI 2200SL Supercharger for a 2008 Mustang GT please...:D

LINKY

well...you never know...lol

ho ho-ho!

if only it would fit into 2kg - it would be yours!

:plus1:

I finally got round to reading this entire thread and I will be getting you a parcel or two of fun together ready for when you have settled again Rob. We can't [mores the pity] do anything about keeping you all safe, but apparently we are pretty good at keeping you clean and smelling sweet :D

Stay safe, all of you, and keep us updated. (y)

If anyone's thinking of replacing their 77mm UV filters, please sens us the old ones - even if they're a little bit scuffed...
We go through them at a great rate of knots here and there are three photogrpahers vying for the pitiful few that get sent out from Land Command and Uxbridge...

Also if anyone has a 58mm Hoya or Nikon UV filter lying around unloved and unwanted...likewise...my 50mm f/1.4 actually has dust on it!!!

Should be able to get you a few magazines over Rob, the girlfriend works for a media company and is always sending me 2 or 3 at a time through the post, i only ever keep the photography one's and throw the rest, ie GQ and the like :puke:, should also be able to get you some ground coffee over as i work for a well known supermarket chain,and we get it dead cheap, will wait till you post up your new address (y)

Hold the Fort - now NOT moving after all - probably, definately - send away!

Hold the Fort - now NOT moving after all - probably, definately - send away!

So that means you'll be shipping out tomorrow then :D

On a serious note. Anything specific that you need/want shipped, as i'll be posting very soon?

Just what's been mentioned previously...
I think I'll have enough soap and assorted toiletries to keep me smelling sweet for a decade...
Books, magazines etc always good - duplicates will be farmed-out to the lads in the FOBs where - and I cannot emphasise this enough - conditions can be like the bloody trenches, especially in Winter...
I think someone's sorting me out some sensor swabs and Eclipse fluid - seriously: all donations gratefully recieved...and thanks again...

2nd parcel arrived - 4-pack of Imp. Leather, 2x King of Shaves gel, 2x roll-on deoderant, Waitrose coffee...
...and no aerosol - they took it out at the BFPO UK depot...

oi thank yew...

2nd parcel arrived - 4-pack of Imp. Leather, 2x King of Shaves gel, 2x roll-on deoderant, Waitrose coffee...

oi thank yew...

suspect that could b me - I wasn't sure about aerosols, so got a couple as well - won't do that agen - should have been oral-b heads in there as well - or are they DAC as well?!?

suspect that could b me - I wasn't sure about aerosols, so got a couple as well - won't do that agen - should have been oral-b heads in there as well - or are they DAC as well?!?

Sorry yes they were - probably the most expensive thing there too!!!

Now I can get the 'woolly-socks' off my teefs a bit more effectively...

hee hee
odd thing at post office (only posted on 5th btw)
cost £0
but girl insisted on giving me a receipt!!!

they are pre programmed , if they dont do everything they are supposed to then they self destruct !!! , like today , the lass at the PO insisted on knowing what bank my switch card was from , this was despite me telling her i knew it worked at the PO , she wasnt going to do the transaction till i showed her or told her :cautious:

oi thank yew...

MoD website says No Aerosols (or was is no arsxxxxxs?)

A crate* of DVDs on their way - along with a few other things.

Did I see somewhere, possibly this thread, that packs of shreddies are welcome over there? Anyhows... you're getting some.

* = 4 boxes at the last count

no post today - there should be a back-log up at bastion by now...

They're probably struggling to cope with all your incoming mail Rob! You'll be able to open a shop....."Arkwrightkady's Open all hours toiletry shack"!

No, I think we have it covered for three months at least...cheers!!!

If I find there's something I can't live without I'll let you know...

three more packages arrived today:
Two packets of Outdoor Photography magazines (with a PP thrown in for good measure!)
2x D3 Neckstraps - praise the Lord!!!

- thanks to Ingrid and Andy...

You're very welcome - hope they make a difference! :)

Because I want to use it again when I get back to Germany without having to re-wire it again...lol
I also have two other appliances here with German plugs...not all in use at the same time - coffee grinder (I now have the one I brought with me - though it was lost, but it turned up in my spares box...lol) and espresso-maker for those hard-to-wake-up mornings...

What you should have done was.. get someone from Germany to send you a german 4 way extension then stick a uk plug on the extension. that way all you stuff can plug in at same time...

been there done that :)

6 or 7 mags posted to Rob this morning (in 3 envelopes).
Had a pantomine in the PO. Initially the Teller tried to say it was not free postage. Got that sorted out then got a moan about the customs declaration sticker being on the rhs of the envelope when it should be on the left.

What you should have done was.. get someone from Germany to send you a german 4 way extension then stick a uk plug on the extension. that way all you stuff can plug in at same time...

been there done that :)

In hand!!!

OK more stuff just arrived - I now have two adaptor plugs - woot!
Lots of old copies of PP - four bags of coffee, 10 bars of soap, six packs of wet-wipes, lots of DVDs and e-books...dried prunes and apricots and some walnut bits (they got a bit hammered in transit by the look of it...
Also lots of tampons - going to the medics, I think...lol

So thanks Steve and Robyn and 'other person with no return address'...
Please include a note saying who it's from so I can confirm reciept and give thanks as appropriate...

You're very welcome Rob.....so, the other two bars of soap from the multipack....you still want them?! :p

I managed to fail to copy most of my stuff over so I only got 3 dvds worth, all the best bits are at home too :bang:

Back