AGFA VISTA 400 @ Poundland

Edit My Images
Yes
Popped into Poundland yesterday on a "let's see if I can get past the bags of licquorice allsorts and yoghurt coated raisins (is there another thread/poll title there?) without succumbing.

I noticed a stock of Agfa Vista 400 which I haven't seen before. Picked up a handful, as you do and waiting for suitable light conditions to give it a quick blast.

I bet some of you guys have already tried this: what's the verdict please?

Yep! i was even very lucky to grab a pack of 10 that hadn't been opened and the cashier put it through as £1 lol

I've not shot film in awhile as mojo is divorcing me but for a quid you can't go far wrong and it converts to B&W really well

Oh Good alert! I need to get to a Poundland! I have shot with this in the past and although I am an unashamed fan of Vista 200, I found the 400 a much better emulsion.

Yep! i was even very lucky to grab a pack of 10 that hadn't been opened and the cashier put it through as £1 lol

I've not shot film in awhile as mojo is divorcing me but for a quid you can't go far wrong and it converts to B&W really well

Jammy git - I'll be looking for those today in tow different stores!

Sounds fantastic. 24 or 36exp? And what expiry date?

The 200 pushes very well to 400.

Ooh interesting....

Blast, the nearest Poundland to work is 7 miles away. Though being disappointed about that is a new experience. :)

Its about the same for me, though I might swing into town tomorrow and see if they have any of this new found speed.

I am big fan of the Poundland film, so I might go into town this weekend to nab me some 400 (if they have any left...)

Blast, the nearest Poundland to work is 7 miles away. Though being disappointed about that is a new experience. :)

Fortunately Crewe has many pound shops... oh, wait that doesn't actually make it sound better does it?

Be interesting to find out what it is as there are practically no 'cheap' 400 speed films to my knowledge - it'll likely be a Fuji product as they make nearly all the Agfa branded films (minus the B&W). @tikkathreebarrel if you could give me the number on the 400+ (beneath where the barcode is [just where the film comes out]) then I should be able to work out what it is from my list.

Sounds good - will have to take a look in my local stores. Could it be the same stuff as Superia 400? If so it's excellent IMO.

Mmm yes very interesting ....if anyone would like to pick up several extra ones with a view of posting onto me out here in France then i'd be more than happy to receive and try some 400. ;)

I am in Yorkshire this weekend @Asha and plan on hunting some out, i'll get a good stock so some in for you if i can find some

Local Poundland had a large stock of 200 - 24 exp, 05/2016 expiry.

No 400 in sight.

Last edited:
...a few years ago Poundland used to sell Kodak Ultramax 400, I've still got a few rolls in the freezer.

Mmm yes very interesting ....if anyone would like to pick up several extra ones with a view of posting onto me out here in France then i'd be more than happy to receive and try some 400. ;)

I am in Yorkshire this weekend @Asha and plan on hunting some out, i'll get a good stock so some in for you if i can find some

If I can find some @Asha, I'll let you know

Thanks guys......much appreciated!(y)

Oh dear, I might accidentally drive to my local poundland shortly, wouldn't that be a shame... knowing my luck they wont have anything, but hey, I'll look anyhoo

Well this is actually even better value than the 200, as I looked around the internet and found someone who had put up the DX code for Vista+ 400, and according to my list from the i3a it corresponds to...

Fuji Superia 400! O.K I don't know if it'll be the latest version, but considering how much most places sell it for a £1 is a bloody good bargain! Just to confirm it, if anyone else has some Vista+ 400 then if they could give me the code (the number just above where the film comes out) that would be really helpful.

Sam

Well I checked the Leeds City centre store and only vista 200, the search continues however!

h'mm Poundland Agfa Vista 400 made by Fuji....a remote possibility would be that people are buying Portra 400 and Fuji are selling their 400 stock off cheap because of that...well only a wild guess :D
No 400 stock last week at Uxbridge (outer London).

Last edited:
Well this is actually even better value than the 200, as I looked around the internet and found someone who had put up the DX code for Vista+ 400, and according to my list from the i3a it corresponds to...

Fuji Superia 400! O.K I don't know if it'll be the latest version, but considering how much most places sell it for a £1 is a bloody good bargain! Just to confirm it, if anyone else has some Vista+ 400 then if they could give me the code (the number just above where the film comes out) that would be really helpful.

Sam
Do you kno what the dx code on the vista 200 corresponds to by any chance?

I had a look in the Crawley pounland yesterday ( its a convienant cut through from the boulevard) no 400 but plenty of 200 if any one in the area is after that.

Loads in the St James centre store today. Interestingly no 200, I had wanted to stock up on that too.

Loads in the St James centre store today. Interestingly no 200, I had wanted to stock up on that too.

No film at all at the Meadowbank shop. :(

Got a blank look from an assistant when I asked.

Checked the Poundland in Wakefield at lunchtime, no 400 and not that many rolls of 200. Back in East Anglia on Tues so will check when back home.

Bury, Lancs have the 400 in, invested in a tenners worth yesterday!

T'missus went into Reading yesterday and reports that there was no film at all in Poundland, though she also called me twice to ask where the shop was so she might have missed it.

What's the grain like on this? Is it with keeping a stock of Vista 200 or is this close enough for the kind of shots ones uses Vista for?

T'missus went into Reading yesterday and reports that there was no film at all in Poundland, though she also called me twice to ask where the shop was so she might have missed it.

They tend to be out of sight, in the most bizarre irrelevant section. You'd think they would go with blank CDs and other media, but they almost never are!

What's the grain like on this?

Like dinner plates.....large enough for a complete haggis lol

Tbh i av no idea but gunna find out at some point.

Going on @Jao and others having difficulty finding the 400, seems it may be a few weeks before it becomes readily available everywhere.

They tend to be out of sight, in the most bizarre irrelevant section. You'd think they would go with blank CDs and other media, but they almost never are!

Try womens accessory section...... Afterall they are an accessory for many a lady who wants to sweeten their f&c hubby! Lol

Try womens accessory section...... Afterall they are an accessory for many a lady who wants to sweeten their f&c hubby! Lol
Yep, hard to find sometimes, even the asistants don't always know. I found it in the stationary section last time.

Back